PDA

View Full Version : Project-G Drive-In Night / Afterthoughts

Risingsun124
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey guys,

We just wanted to give a round of thanks to all of you who came out to our 2nd Drive-In Night / BBQ this past Saturday! You guys always are such awesome guests and it really makes doing these events very rewarding! There is something about a gathering of different people with a common interest coming together to just hang out. Not necessarily for the car related part, but to just come together and enjoy an activity together.

At one point there were over 67 cars present and probably more if we had made an effort to keep track. For the food we had Chicken Teriyaki Bowls and Chili Rice Bowls, as well as some Hot Dogs to keep with the BBQ part of the event. The Avengers and Tron Legacy were the movies voted in by you guys. Hope the picture and sound quality were good enough. RyokuRob provided the projector this time and it seemed to really take it up a notch from the previous event. Thanks for the extra effort Rob!!!

After the first feature, everyone sang Happy Birthday to Leslie Pham and we served up some birthday cake. We were so happy Leslie decided to come and celebrate with us. We were unaware she was planning to have her birthday dinner that very night until after we announced the event. Thanks again Leslie, and Happy Birthday!!!

A few people were already asking if we were planning the next one. If there is enough interest, of course we are always up for doing events such as this. Someone had suggested possibly doing a potluck style food thing. That sounds like it can be really fun too!

More than anything, Project-G wants to thank you guys for your support and also for respecting our neighbors and keeping the noise and speeds down when leaving. As long as they are ok with us doing these events, there is no reason why we can't continue. So again, thanks! You guys are awesome!!!

Project-G Team

Kuane
10-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I wish I could have gone :(

I'll be there for the next one.

I<3flippyheadlights
10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Why can't I live in California!?!?!?!!

treeafodo
10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Why can't I live in California!?!?!?!!
I ask myself this quite a bit. Sounds like a great event, I wish that I could be apart of that.

Dreaming Hana
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
It was awesome. Let's do it again!

raaaawrr hi xD
10-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Thank you guys so much for hosting these events and for the birthday wishes. It was awesome sharing my birthday celebrations with everyone and I can't wait for the next drive in.

I agree with the pot luck idea, it would be great if everyone got involved and contributed since you guys are already providing us with the space and entertainment :]