PDA

View Full Version : Rollbar Fabrication?

RandolphB
10-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Does anybody have a set of plans or CAD drawings to fabricate a rollbar for an NB? I want a double diagonal like the Harddog or Boss Frogtype bars. I was hanging out with an old friend I haven't seen in many years, and he fabricates Custom Hot Rods...and suggested simply building one in his shop.

Slammedmx
10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
yeah i can weld and own a mig welder, tubbing is cheap but the problem in finging a mandril bender that wont cost you 400$ to use lol thats my problem

RandolphB
10-17-2012, 04:47 AM
That has always been the issue. Yesterday my buddy looks at me and tells me that his is computer controled...you punch the numbers into the computer and it computes everything to get the needed dimensions...and then actually controls the bender itself to get the proper result. I can't think of a reason to NOT build my own with access to this. Sidenote is that instead of buying a $4000.00 Recumbent bicycle, I have found a set of plans on-line and figure that we can build them for about $200.00...!

vindi49
10-17-2012, 06:24 AM
I've done this, didn't use any plans just looked at the current bars available for the possible mounting points and then worked out how I wanted mine to be different. As you say, tubing is cheap so I bought some real rubbish to practice the bends and mock up a shape on, measured from that and then made a decent one in decent CDS tubing using the first as a Jig.

Russell.