PDA

View Full Version : Solo II - thoughts on building for ES/RTR

Blueiii
10-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Although I purchased this car thinking that STS would be a fun class, I've mostly changed my mind. I just finished the season in RTR and have a LOT to learn about these cars the all-important driver mod. I was usually 7-10% slower than the top cars in my region, although the car wasn't really set up for autocross. (I'm running on factory original '91 shocks that are well past their prime.)

My plan is to attempt to build the car for the class over the winter. Its not the perfect car for the class (1.6L and open diff currently), but I wanted input on my parts list before I start making purchases

Roadstersport Exhaust
Koni Sports
FCM bumpstops (White front, blue rear)
RB hollow front bar
949 Endlinks
K&N Drop in Filter
Stock daisies with lightweight lugnuts / probably star spec 2s

First question: Anyone see anything in there that I should definitely be picking something different or that I'm missing? (FCM shock mount kit?? Is it legal for ES?)

Second question: Should I be strongly considering bushings? What about the alignment bolts? (I've read that they can stretch, which makes it difficult to keep the alignment set correctly - I might be having this issue, but I'm not sure.)

Brakes?? Hawk?? I'm not sure on this one... its a daily driver and brakes don't get really hot with autocross. I'm just looking to be regionally competitive. I'm leaning toward upgrading the brake lines, but I've heard that some of the stainless steel lines have fitment issues.