PDA

View Full Version : Found some junk yard Miatas? Post the info!

WASABI
10-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I was a local pick & pull called Brandy Brow (http://www.brandybrowauto.com/index_o.htm) in Plaistow, NH, and looked at two red NA Miatas is great condition, that they are parting out. These cars are located in their "Special Lot" that contains all of their cleanest parts cars. If you want stuff off cars in this lot, they will send someone out with you, or will get it off the cars for you, so you won't have some riff raff ripping everything in a dash apart, just to get a radio. FYI, there is a hard top on one of the Miatas! I asked about price, and the worker threw out $600.00, but I feel they might be open to offers.

-Cheers,

Jim

Phatmiata
10-23-2012, 09:09 AM
go back and offer $300 cash on that hardtop and flip it! WIN

Demon I Am
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM
That's exactly how I scored my HT for $300. They wanted $500 for the whole car with the top.

iKhanh
10-23-2012, 01:32 PM
oh gosh. someone tell me where i can find junk/salvage yard Miata's here in Washington state please! i heard of Covey's up in Marysville, but they charge a lot for some things. anywhere else, closer?!

Blueiii
10-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I deal with the same issue here in Toledo. I'd love to find a clean VLSD for a reasonable price!

jux
10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Guess I'm just lucky to have a Mazda-specific yard about 30 minutes from home.
...though they def know what stuff is worth.
Take the good with the bad, right?

iRoadster
10-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Seriously, where do they get sent in the NW? Covey's are damn crooks with their pricing.

3MiataFamily
10-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I was a local pick & pull called Brandy Brow (http://www.brandybrowauto.com/index_o.htm) in Plaistow, NH, and looked at two red NA Miatas is great condition, that they are parting out. These cars are located in their "Special Lot" that contains all of their cleanest parts cars. If you want stuff off cars in this lot, they will send someone out with you, or will get it off the cars for you, so you won't have some riff raff ripping everything in a dash apart, just to get a radio. FYI, there is a hard top on one of the Miatas! I asked about price, and the worker threw out $600.00, but I feel they might be open to offers.

-Cheers,

Jim

How about a phone number?

Any fenders or a hood?..i am suddenly in need of a drivers side fender and a hood...what happens when a van kicks up a wayward truck mud flap and you hit it at 70+...ouch!!

3MiataFamily
10-27-2012, 04:59 PM
talked to Tony a couple hours ago...he could not get into the 'private lot' this afternoon...I will be talking to him first thing Monday..

WASABI
12-17-2012, 09:31 PM
talked to Tony a couple hours ago...he could not get into the 'private lot' this afternoon...I will be talking to him first thing Monday..

I hope you got what you were looking for. I went back and saw both hard tops gone, plus one Miata looked like it had a few parts removed, and then moved to the main lot.

WASABI
12-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Went to Brandy Brow this weekend. They had three Miatas in the Pick & Pull area. The interiors were exposed to the elements, and a couple of the better pieces were taken, but, there were good doors, hoods, fenders, and a-arms (brakes shocks and such).

I got a couple light connectors and some misc hardware for $5.00

Hyper
12-02-2013, 11:45 AM
U-PULL IT in Griffin Road Broward has like 4 miatas. I was there Saturday and found a couple things for my car.

bayside blue
07-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Jim, seen any good dashes around?

I may or may not have another miata this weekend lol

WASABI
07-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Jim, seen any good dashes around?

I may or may not have another miata this weekend lol

Sweeeeet! Details man!