PDA

View Full Version : Lost from Kansas

smaeda
11-13-2012, 10:51 PM
So...since the Kansas winters suck, I was entertaining the idea of taking a trip to Florida during the end of December to enjoy some warmer weather for a week. The girl friend and I want to check out the Everglades but have no idea what else to check out. If there are things I should do around the area, and places to avoid, please chime in.

Thanks!

The Driver
11-14-2012, 05:49 PM
No offense, but FL is a BIG state. Do you have a particular are in mind? It's not just big, is crowded in ways that people from KS and MO have no clue about, unless you have been to L.A. NYC or Houston. Those are all bigger. I'm from Tampa and have been to KC, Wichita and St. Louis. We are bigger, much bigger!

Phatmiata
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
come to Tampa and buy this kick ass 93LE for sale!

http://www.tampabaymiatas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12966

Agent☣Orange
11-14-2012, 06:39 PM
You want to see alligators and take airboat rides?

akilli89
11-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't go to Orlando at night, there is safety in numbers though. Learn to surf pretty much anywhere along any coastline in FL. Rent some jet skis! Go do some deep sea fishing. Do the ormond loop! Its all I have around here for fun roads. Visit boardwalks and piers. Don't go to inlet harbor, they suck and you'll get food poisoning. Probably. Visit me at work and stay for a while.

Thumper13
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
You want to see alligators and take airboat rides?

Hot Damn,the real Yata has appeared. Alex,your little brother looks just like you

Thumper13
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
so...since the kansas winters suck, i was entertaining the idea of taking a trip to florida during the end of december to enjoy some warmer weather for a week. The girl friend and i want to check out the everglades but have no idea what else to check out. If there are things i should do around the area, and places to avoid, please chime in.

Thanks!

South Beach is a must do !

Phatmiata
11-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Orlando is fine at night. Downtown Disney in Orlando is great day or night.

WASABI
11-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Don't forget, bring your cousin, if you want to get your sexy time on... or is that Texas? Whenever you go, make sure Randy has one of his car meets. I know he will let you drive one of his "extra" Miatas.

roy obanion
11-14-2012, 11:47 PM
come to Tampa and buy this kick ass 93LE for sale!

http://www.tampabaymiatas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12966

I'm glad that sold before I tried to scheme up a way to get it..

RandolphB
11-15-2012, 05:50 AM
You can't miss with a tour of Kennedy Space Center. It won't be what you expect, part Florida, part High Tech. Orlando has Gatorland- one of the original attractions in the state. Of course there is Disney and all of its parks....you can waste as many days as you would like to there.There are nearby airboat rides. Warbird Adventures in Kissimmee will take you for a ride (or dual rides in two planes for guy and gal) in real, WW2 AT-6 trainers. If you have money to spare, Stallion 51 across the tarmac will do the same in real P-51 Mustangs..(!!!). Orlando has a lot of glitzy vacation type things if you feel the need. Aunt Catfish up by Ormond Beach and Dixie Crossroads in Titusville are eating joints not to be missed......AAA has Tour Books available for the state if you are a member...

smaeda
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Great suggestions so far. I do understand FL is a big state, so I'm trying to figure out which parts will be good to visit. Anyone go to the St. Augustine area? Looked pretty cool in the pictures. Also is the Everglades worth it? I kind of want to do stuff I won't be able to in Kansas (middle of nowhere).

Thanks!!

Phatmiata
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Orlando has tons of fun things to do!! Fort Lauderdale Has tons of things to do! Miami has tons of fun things to do!

Tampa and Saint Petersburg have some nice beaches if you want to go to the beach.

My vote is for the above mentioned

St. Augustine is great for a short trip if you are a FL native, but you would run out of stuff to do FAST!

The Driver
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Everglades is worth it, so long as you know that it takes a while to get there and out. St. Aug is cool, but Phat is right, you do run to do things over there FAST. You really need to narrow down your choices, or your entire visit will be enjoyed thru a car window...

Thumper13
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
There are nearby airboat rides. Warbird Adventures in Kissimmee will take you for a ride (or dual rides in two planes for guy and gal) in real, WW2 AT-6 trainers. If you have money to spare, Stallion 51 across the tarmac will do the same in real P-51 Mustangs..(!!!).

2 seat P 51's ??

Phatmiata
12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Did you ever end up taking this trip? If so where did you go?