PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Dec 8...Toys for Tots and Xmas gathering

3MiataFamily
11-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Every year during the Holiday season, the Nutmeg Miata Club gets together and does it's part in helping out the less fortunate. this year our gathering will be on Saturday Dec 8 from noon-4 at Baccos Restaurant in Waterbury

We welcome newcomers to all of our events, so if you are so inclined..feel free to join us!

$25 per person

Baccos Restaurant
1230 Thomaston Ave
Waterbury, CT 06074

Social hour 12-1...cash bar and light snacks

buffet dinner this year...hot appetizers..salad..pasta..chicken..fish..vegggies. .dessert..coffee..wine on the table..

We have been to Baccos the past couple years..the nice thing is that we have the place to ourselves until about 4...they open just for us!!

and my lovely wife Cathy will see to it that we are taken care of in a proper fashion...

TEAM Toys 4 Kids will be the agency that will benefit from your generosity...located in Derby, all donations will be for Valley area children in need.

http://www.teaminc.org

this year we are looking for unwrapped toys for children ages 12 and under only...please attach BATTERIES if needed...tape them to the box!!

Do not just RSVP on the webpage...

send in your check to our Treasurer...Rob Yelin

Checks can be sent to:
NUTMEG MIATA CLUB
21 Kane Ave
Stamford, CT 06905

or use the very convenient PAYPAL option..

Payment may also be made via Paypal...IF IT IS SENT AS A GIFT
treasurer@nutmegmiatainc.org

stay tuned for more info...

Joe

Phatmiata
11-19-2012, 11:03 AM
This is awesome! We need to start something like this with our club, or maybe just join up with the other car clubs that do this.

3MiataFamily
11-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Not hard to do...

Every place has the marines and toys for tots...which is what we have been doing for years. contact the local Marine recruiter for info on the TFT effort for starters..

then just get your Clubmembers together...our Club has been doing this for a long time...at least I have been told that...i have been in the Nutmeg Club for almost 6 years...and the Club is going into it's 22nd year in '13

Last year and this year the Club is budgeting $500 for the overall Club donation...and when the individuals show up we usually get enough to pretty much fill the back of a normal pickup truck...also helps to have Ex Military in the club. We also do canned goods collection at our Tech sessions over the course of the year...direct to local Food Bank...

Clubs are not just about the cars...:mrgreen:

3MiataFamily
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Alright folks...this is an open invitation...

anyone can drive an hour or so to get to Waterbury and have a good time for an afternoon...and get the 'feel good' thing going by helping out some kids...

and i would hope that $25 would not break anyone...

so follow the instructions in the first post and hopefully I will see you on Dec 8!!

3MiataFamily
11-30-2012, 12:48 AM
up to 42 people...plenty of room for more...

Cutoff is sunday...come on out..good time..help some kids..

3MiataFamily
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Up to 54 people...cutoff was yesterday, but if someone really wants to join in we can be very persuaded...

3MiataFamily
12-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Link to pics...

http://s1004.beta.photobucket.com/user/alwaysstaycool/library/Toys%20for%20Tots%202012

that's me in the Santa hat..

maharaj
12-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Looks like a great event! Maybe next year there will be more clubs willing to do something like this. Even if it isn't at large every contribution will help.

3MiataFamily
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
We always get a generous contribution of toys...the Clubmembers are like that..and a good turnout...almost 1/2 the membership was in attendance

More pics..

http://miatajim.smugmug.com/Other/Nutmeg-xmas-party-2012/26994265_gJSW6V#!i=2263064065&k=wfSgsKH