PDA

View Full Version : So ya, I got hit. Working out the kinks now.

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 03:19 PM
So, Monday, 11/26/12, I was rear ended in my MSM. It just my luck. Only a year and a half later from another rear end collision that totaled my 97 M-Edition NA.

I was traveling north on Orange Ave in Orlando when traffic came to a stop. I ended up stopping and I was at a stand still for about 3-4 seconds before I heard the tires squealing from behind me. I looked up and noticed the Chevy Truck behind me sliding into me. You know the rest. The best part was that his truck's bed was full of those small paving bricks so I assuming he does landscaping. That must of added a few extra pounds to the weight of his truck. His front bumper was sitting higher due to the extra weight in the rear. His bumper landed straight on the rear panel. It completely missed my bumper and hit the license plate. Everything is pushed in. Luckily, I wasn't hurt. The damaged assessment is the right taillight, truck lid, rear bumper, and the rear panel needs to be straightening. I pulled most of my trunk apart to see the damaged if very minor to what I compared it too (my last rear end collision). No frame damage and no damage to the trunk floor. Just the back panel is pushed in which can be pulled back out. I have a badass body shop doing the work.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/GR_MSM/1D87A67E-0B23-481E-9D5A-3FED64B6F451-1075-000000D076E324FB-1.jpg

So, I ended up getting a police report and driver exchange for insurance. I called his insurance and filed a claim. I didn't get a call back from them the following business day, so I ended up calling them today to find out what is going on. After going through the claim with someone from Tampa, I was notified that his insurance was cancelled on the 17th. They haven't been able to get ahold of the guy who hit me to notify him that he has no insurance. SO I AM SCREWED. Well, I talked to my insurance and they will get the MSM fixed but I going to give the guy who hit me a chance to pay for the damaged out of pocket before I turn him into the police and the state. If I don't here from him today, I will file a claim with my insurance, the police, and the DMV/State.

These picture shows the damaged more.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/GR_MSM/954A649A-3808-4B85-9D2B-4E1CCD8A5741-1075-000000D06CDF4549.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/GR_MSM/0C322952-97BA-4FCA-A1EF-FE3400C69950-1075-000000D06407D910.jpg

So I will keep updating what happens next.

iKhanh
11-29-2012, 03:25 PM
at least it doesn't look too bad, however it's still unfortunate.

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 03:34 PM
The damage isn't bad at all. I can still use the truck. It opens and closes fine. But I have to close it slowly. I got one repair estimate and they quoted me $3,200 since they think the paint is a special color. They don't realize that it is factory, so they quoted high on it.

tsingson
11-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Mine was recently hit while parked at a baseball field. Luckily the driver left a note and I contacted him and his insurance paid for everything. I hope you get this guy.

atank
11-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Just glad he was not traveling too fast, and slam into you, could have been real bad.......

Thumper13
11-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Man,that sucks,sounds like YOU are ok so that's good. Now as for the deadbeat that slammed you...........for a few $$$ and a Pizza I believe I have a way to persuade him to ante up.

If the police don't do right by you just send me a PM.

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 07:49 PM
So I found my game plan. The guy who hit me has no insurance and I will have to have my insurance pay for the damages. Best part was that he has no money to pay for the damaged out of pocket and if a have a problem with that, "SUE ME". SO, I called my insurance and filed a claim. My insurance will go after him for the damaged. Most likely he will get sued from my insurance.

Thumper, I fine. It did shake me up a bit but this whole no insurance is driving me up the wall. Best part was the officer never wrote him a ticket. Since he was at fault (and there is a police report), it was going to be a hassle for him to pay his insurance over the damaged. Well, behold, his insurance is no good now. I am contacting the officer who responded to the accident tomorrow. He was off yesterday and today, I will inform him of what is going on and hopefully he will have his driver license suspended. I am going to contact the DMV and let them know too.

maharaj
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Could have been worse, imagine if you were injured. Good thing you got a police report though because the insurance will use that info to go after him and it shouldn't affect your insurance rate.

SM16RMSM
11-29-2012, 10:46 PM
maharaj, I being told the same thing from my insurance company. They tell me that since I was not at fault, my rate won't go up.

Tkblazer
11-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Man that sucks, I'm going through a similar thing with a hit and run driver.

Thumper13
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
So I found my game plan. The guy who hit me has no insurance and I will have to have my insurance pay for the damages. Best part was that he has no money to pay for the damaged out of pocket and if a have a problem with that, "SUE ME". SO, I called my insurance and filed a claim. My insurance will go after him for the damaged. Most likely he will get sued from my insurance.

Thumper, I fine. It did shake me up a bit but this whole no insurance is driving me up the wall. Best part was the officer never wrote him a ticket. Since he was at fault (and there is a police report), it was going to be a hassle for him to pay his insurance over the damaged. Well, behold, his insurance is no good now. I am contacting the officer who responded to the accident tomorrow. He was off yesterday and today, I will inform him of what is going on and hopefully he will have his driver license suspended. I am going to contact the DMV and let them know too.

If all else fails......use the Thumper Collection and Debt Remediation Service. Louisville Slugger or the twins,one way or another :mrgreen:

SM16RMSM
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
If all else fails......use the Thumper Collection and Debt Remediation Service. Louisville Slugger or the twins,one way or another :mrgreen:

I will have to take you up on that if the time comes.

kung fu jesus
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Sounds like challenge accepted? This person doesn't seem that smart. Prepare to go the distance.

SM16RMSM
12-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Sounds like challenge accepted? This person doesn't seem that smart. Prepare to go the distance.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :slayer:

tsingson
12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Any updates?

SM16RMSM
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Ya, I finally got a estimate on the car minus my 500 dollar deductible. Total estimate was $3,788 and some change. When I get a check, work will start on the car.

SM16RMSM
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I found a new OEM Mazda taillight for $107.20. I also getting the bumper and deck lid from Redline Autosports in Kissimmee. The body shop has started some of the work. I also going to get a dent removed in the door and have the fender fixed (must have been damaged before I got the car since it doesn't line up and the paint is a sharde darker). I also paying some extra money to have the whole car repainted. That will fix the scratches, rock chips, mismatch painted finder. So hopefully by sometime before Christmas, I will have my car back and a fresh look. I going to keep the same color.

maharaj
12-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Definately keep the same color. When doing a color change, and to do it properly, it is much more involved because of the door jams, engine bay and trunk.

SM16RMSM
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Definately keep the same color. When doing a color change, and to do it properly, it is much more involved because of the door jams, engine bay and trunk.

I am going to stay the same color, 27C is the color code. Oh, he also had a Mazda 3 come in today with the same paint on mine, 27C. It was some 19 year old girl's car. She ended up crashing and getting a DUI. So he is fixing that up too.

I know about the door jams and other places. I had a car painted before cheaply and I told them to f*ck off. They also painted the damn soft top. Paint started to peel after two months. Cheap. This guy rents a building from us so he going out of his way to make it right. Hell, Bob pushed the rear out and it doesn't look like it been hit. Bob is really good. He is not cheap but will make it right the first time. There was a mustang that wanted a air brush horse on the hood. I wish I had pictures. Some bad ass stuff. He also painted a Maserati that belong to a player of the Orlando Magic. So I know he done some high end stuff.

I went to Keystone and priced out paint.

Three Stage Keystone Premium is 900 bucks total, one gallon of each stage (base red color coat, pearl red coat, and the clear coat)

The paint my Body shop said to get is called Matrix. It high quality show car/showroom paint.

Three stage of it runs about $1,500 for the same amount.

He also has extra and he is going to see if he can trim my large oem side skirts to make them look like smalls, paint them and install them.

And one last thing. I got my insurance check in so I will write him a small amount to get started on painting it. It to cover materials.

Phatmiata
12-12-2012, 10:28 PM
poor wittle Miata. :cry2:

Time for for lawsuit !! :slayer:

SM16RMSM
01-05-2013, 09:27 AM
So a little update. The car is closing to getting done. We finally started to get the rear panel pushed out. Got the trunk and bumper fitted. Everything lines up and there is only small indications of it being hit which will be fixed soon. Picture Time!

I also took a trip to go see Yata and well, I bought more than what I needed.

CF Hood, Cowl Panel, the roll bars, the door bars. A aluminum radiator and some other goodies. I bought stuff that wasn't even listed yet. :mrgreen:

WASABI
01-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Good to see that everything is staring to look up. It's hard to tell the trunk had any damage. She's gonna look great when she's repainted.

I also took a trip to go see Yata and well, I bought more than what I needed.

CF Hood, Cowl Panel, the roll bars, the door bars. A aluminum radiator and some other goodies. I bought stuff that wasn't even listed yet. :mrgreen:

Only draw back is, you had to go se Yata! :toomuch:

Agent☣Orange
01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
WTF?!?!? :angry:

People PAY for that privilege!

SM16RMSM
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Ya, that privilege kinda cost me. I basically cleaned his garage out and I got some of the best stuff too. ARW motor mounts, a Nardi wheel, and head unit, a HD tuner, vents, camera mount, bad ass hood, a muzi radiator, boss frog roll bar, boss frog door bars, a stock radiator with a bit of foam on it, a horn button that says mazdaspeed, franky bolts, led 3rd brake light, and small oem side skirts.

WASABI
01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Sounds like you made out! Let's see all the parts.

Agent☣Orange
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
No doubt. Came all the down from Orlando in a truck and stayed til midnight loading up my best stuff. Got my new AWR motor mounts and Kenwood audio. It's going to be a killer Miata.

SM16RMSM
01-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Killer is only half of it. I getting the roll bars/door bars, cowl + washer bottle, and the side skirts installed this week. The ARW motor mount will be installed when I decide to install the clutch package and the FMII kit (when I decide to lay down the money for that). At that time, the Mizu radiator will be installed also. The Kenwood will be installed by July or August. I have to get my JL Audio amp, new speakers, a custom fiberglass subwoofer box molded and everything wired.

Agent☣Orange
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
You can install the Kenwood and get things going for now. No need to wait half a year just for an amp.