PDA

View Full Version : Miata Top Question

Anti-Skid
12-04-2012, 07:03 AM
I am new to Miatas so pardon the noob question. I am trying to figure out how to secure the soft top when it is down? The soft top is very easy to fold down but then once it's down I couldn't find any strap or anything to secure it so it wont' be flapping around. Do I need to buy a boot cover? I don't want to if I don't have to. I prefer to just somehow use a strap to secure it. Btw, it also has a roll bar, not sure if it matters or not?

lowandrusty
04-24-2013, 06:22 AM
You really don't need to secure it. Normally a boot would be the answer, but I'm not sure they work with a roll bar. Somebody familiar with roll bars can probably answer that question though.

Phatmiata
04-24-2013, 06:44 AM
a boot won't work with most rollbars, but the top will stay in place via gravity

tsingson
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM
I have a Harddog M2 sport no diagonals on my NB and the way I used the boot was I slit the seams to go around the bars.

RuckkehrMiata
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM
I totally read this as in BEING the "top" miata question. The ultimate question. Oops.

Anyways, I have never even seen/felt my top move during driving top down. I don't see it being an issue unless your on a really bumpy back road.