PDA

View Full Version : Miata Check Engine Light

Augusek
12-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey, I have a 2000 Miata with about 60,000 miles and the check engine light just came on. I have checked all the fluids etc and nothing seems to be wrong. Can anyone tell me why it came on or how to turn the light off.

LOL
12-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Use a scan tool to read the code and post it here.

Augusek
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
And if I don't own a scan tool. :fp:

Agent☣Orange
12-23-2012, 05:19 PM
You could post your location on your mini profile so anyone local to you might be willing to help. Otherwise, see if Autozone will loan you one for a couple minutes. Nobody is going to have any idea what your problem is without you describing any symptoms or what year Miata you have. Just saying your CEL is on doesn't mean much.

Augusek
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
That's just it, the miata runs fine! It just came on for no reason the other day. I know some cars do it for oil changes and such, just wondering if it was something I needed to worry about now or just turn the light off

atank
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
More than likely an O2 sensor, but YellowYata is right go to AutoZone and let them read it, I have several good O2 sensors if you need one!

LOL
12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
More than likely an O2 sensor, but YellowYata is right go to AutoZone and let them read it, I have several good O2 sensors if you need one!

It can also be a very common EGR code that is notorious in NB1's, my point is that it can be a number if things so suggesting something to the op without knowing anything about his situation may lead him to buying and replacing things he does not need.