PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Unveils New Logo for Mazda Motorsports

MRnewsBot
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
MAZDA UNVEILS NEW LOGO FOR MAZDA MOTORSPORTS

-New logo, new clean-diesel racecar, same great racing heritage-

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8189/8430002363_cbe075198d_m.jpg

Daytona Beach, Fla. (January 25, 2013) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced, from the paddock of Daytona International Speedway, the launch of its new Mazda Motorsports logo and color scheme. The new logo consists of three tiles on the left, one light grey, one blue and one dark grey. Next to those tiles, on the right, is the word “Mazda” in the same Mazda blue used in the manufacturer’s logo, with “Motorsports” written below. In an effort to align its motorsports efforts more closely with the company which makes it all possible, Mazda and Mazda Motorsports will now share a color combination that will be distinctive and recognizable. The new logo will come to represent a long and distinguished heritage of racing for Mazda, including winning Le Mans in 1991, the only Japanese manufacturer thus far to have taken the checkered flag at the fabled race.

“On the heels of announcing our racing program with the all-new Mazda6 SKYACTIV-D clean diesel engine, we are very proud to be unveiling our new logo that better identifies with Mazda,” said John Doonan, director, Mazda Motorsports, MNAO. “The colors definitely work better with Mazda and Mazda Motorsports’ future goals in both racing and the consumer marketplace.

Mazda also just announced its new racing program including the implementation of
SKYACTIV®[1] TECHNOLOGY in the new 2014 Mazda6. The Mazda6 racecar will be powered by a Mazda SKYACTIV-D Clean Diesel engine and is being developed for the new GRAND-AM GX class. This will be the first time a diesel-powered vehicle of any type has ever raced at the Rolex 24. Mazda will be seeking their 24th class win in the American endurance classic, having most recently won in 2008 and 2010.

About Mazda & MAZDASPEED

Mazda is the number-one brand for road-racers across North America. Thousands of Mazda powered grassroots racers compete in various classes with the SCCA and NASA highlighted by Spec Miata, the world’s largest spec class with over 2,500 cars built. In 2006 Mazda Motorsports established the MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Ladder to assist racers in moving up through the ranks. In 2010 this was expanded to include the Mazda Road to Indy. Key to Mazda’s success is strategic partnerships with the Skip Barber Racing School and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

MAZDASPEED Motorsports is managed by Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.

source: http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31626&item=125737

SM16RMSM
01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Ow, very cool. I liked it when the logo was red since it matched my MSM and I think the red fits better on a Yellow Spec Miata more than a blue.

Willywongka
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
I don't like the yellow and red color combo, it reminds me of mustard and ketchup... or Ronald McDonald. I like this new logo.

theothersawyer
01-31-2013, 12:55 AM
I saw a few shirts with this logo while at Daytona and was wondering when they changed to it. I guess they changed it that day! lol

Agent☣Orange
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I wish they'd coin a new name like Nismo for Nissan Motorsports. Mazmo sounds pretty cool.

kulluminati777
01-31-2013, 01:14 PM
hahahaha mazmo! yeha mazda motorsports....who ever thought of that must have been trying real hard:P

So the mazdaspeed brand is no more?

Or is this another racing company all its own.....

I love the "mazdaspeed" name and older logo. The whole stacked tiles thing is silly

Agent☣Orange
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah, kinda lame. It's like Microsoft designed it for Mazda.

Mexican_Guy
02-08-2013, 08:22 PM
interesting...

damham
02-18-2013, 06:59 AM
What ever happened to tradition and heritage ? Oh well I guess it's called progress, while everybody else seems to be going back to their roots MAZDA mixes it up , guess the change generates new interest and revenue.

HELLIONMX5
05-16-2013, 06:53 AM

Malibu Q
11-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Last year Mazda Australia closed its race preparation workshops. They were called Mazda Motorsport. the factory backed racecars were built there along with (i think, not sure) the Rx-7 SP and the Mx-5 SP. I was lucky to snag a handful of the old stickers when they closed and I've scanned one in as you may not have seen it.
http://mazdaroadster.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10030&d=1384051884
I'm with kulluminati777 in liking the traditional Mazdaspeed logo more than Mazda Motorsport.