PDA

View Full Version : Totalled NA! Need a new one....

redmenace
02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
So as some of you noticed my NA was in a an accident the last week and has been totalled by the insurance company. Amazingly i will be be getting a fair amount back from the insurance company so I'll end up with about 6k for another miata.

I want another NA but good examples are had to find. Ive been looking at NBs but am not as big of a fan of the look of the NB as I am the NA. I know i want a 1.8 over a 1.6 and im hoping to find a 6speed. Any advice or things i need to look for. Also if anyone knows of any good cars for sale... Please Let Me Know!

Thanks!

The Driver
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Mmmm, the 6 speed was not offered on the NA...

Good luck, there are quite a few cars been sold. Have you checked or "Miata Trader" section in this forum?

redmenace
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah ive been checking but there really arent any good ones for sale in cali on here.

The Driver
02-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah ive been checking but there really arent any good ones for sale in cali on here.

Sometimes, for a good car, traveling is A-must. I picked my current ride from Indianapolis, while still living in FL. Had a BALL driving it back! Check craiglist/autotrader in Phoenix, Denver/Vegas and other Metro areas that are an easy drive from your zip. Good luck!

BTW, if you do decide to "expand" your search, buying rounds trip tickets is CHEAP insurance. I learned that on Miata.Net!

Good luck!!!

The Driver
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
See what I mean?

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/3570204724.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/3552087330.html

mrmustang
02-04-2013, 06:32 PM

Ready for a road trip, mine is available :D

You might have to cough up a little more money than your budget allows :shock:

Bill S.

The Driver
02-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Ready for a road trip, mine is available :D

You might have to cough up a little more money than your budget allows :shock:

Bill S.

Hence the reason I didn't tag your Laguna Blue. Well that and lack of proximity!

Phatmiata
02-04-2013, 07:01 PM
What is your location??

There are plenty for sale here in Florida..............

The Driver
02-04-2013, 07:04 PM

What is your location??

There are plenty for sale here in Florida.............. :fp:

No wonder we don't get a pay raise around here...

mrmustang
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Hence the reason I didn't tag your Laguna Blue. Well that and lack of proximity!

Not sure about you, but I've been known to buy a car in California, grab a $180 flight out, and drive the thing cross country back to my home base here on the east coast. I've done this over a dozen times in the last 10 years. Each trip an adventure on to itself. Twice I had minor mechanical issues, one in Texas, the other 80 miles from home that is why I carry a AAA card. You just have to have the confidence in what you are buying and your own ability to actually make the trip.

Why do you think I do nationwide searches for quality cars.........

Bill S.

The Driver
02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Not sure about you, but I've been known to buy a car in California, grab a $180 flight out, and drive the thing cross country back to my home base here on the east coast. I've done this over a dozen times in the last 10 years. Each trip an adventure on to itself. Twice I had minor mechanical issues, one in Texas, the other 80 miles from home that is why I carry a AAA card. You just have to have the confidence in what you are buying and your own ability to actually make the trip.

Bill S.
Post #4... But this guy doesn't have enough cash for your ride + incidentals (travel expenses). What would you like him to do?

mrmustang
02-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Bill S.

Spend more money. :D :D :D .......

The Driver
02-04-2013, 10:46 PM
^ You and Phatmiata need to meet each other...

Phatmiata
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
^ You and Phatmiata need to meet each other...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Hi there! hahhahaa

Spend more money. :D :D :D .......

I like the way you think! :blaugh2:

The Driver
02-07-2013, 11:37 AM
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Hi there! hahhahaa

Oh goodness, just what we need, a sexual harrasment lawsuit...

mrmustang
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I like the way you think! :blaugh2:

great minds think alike :D

redmenace
02-07-2013, 02:11 PM
So does anyone have any real advice or recommendations?

The Driver
02-07-2013, 02:14 PM
So does anyone have any real advice or recommendations?

Posts #4 and #5. If that doesn't work for you, then I guess the answer is no. Good luck.