PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Retro fitting a Power Assist Steering Rack in a 1994 NA w/ a JRSC kit Gen I ?

mx54life
03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Hello and thank you in advance for any input. Anyways I got lucky the last a couple of weeks and so I was able to purchase a 1994 Miata package A and a 1994 Miata base but with a Jackson Racing Supercharger. The latter I stumbled upon accidentally as I was in search of a tan door card. At any rate I now have two to play with. Here is the plan. I want to remove the power assist steering rack and retro fit it to the one with the supercharger. Other than getting a new set of belts what other stuff would I need and would it fit? Has anyone done this? I understand I can give it a try but if possible I hate to start and finding it would not work.

kung fu jesus
03-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I would call or look up TrackDog Racing. They may have the proper tensioner and bracketry you need. Their website is pretty comprehensive.

mx54life
03-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Thank you and yes they do.

Now that I have been reading about this, I came across topics of folks depowering their rack now I'm confused. I thought the power assisted rack is pretty darn good. The weight factor IMO is irrelevant; the seats are extremely heavy so I guess this is where you would really save weight. With added weight of the supercharger I thing the power rack is logical or I'm just such a newbie lol.

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

wannafbody
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Depends on what you want to do, for daily driving the power steering is nice, for track use the depowered rack is better.