PDA

View Full Version : Putting roof up in nc

Andy
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
How easy is it to put the roof up in an nc versus na? My dad has been wanting a miata lately for himself again but his arm can not go all the way back like that of an na. The nc looks like it would be easier but I do not know for sure. Can someone find out for me please?

Thanks

theothersawyer
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
What do you mean, his arm can't go back like in an NA? When does your arm ever have to go back to put the top up? I just get out of the car! He could get a PRHT NC and never have to worry about it!

psulja
03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
PRHT solves all problems. A friend has a PRHT and it makes me jealous everytime we both go top down and all he has to do is press a button.

Andy
03-12-2013, 06:04 PM
we both like to be true to the original concept of a roadster. His shoulder is hurting him lately and I know that in the nc the soft top is right at the shoulder versus back 2-3 feet. I just wanted some input. His current car has a power folding roof. Slk 230 and it takes a lot longer and if something is too difficult you just wont do it.

Grumpy
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
I have no issues with putting the roof up or down in the NC, I'm 5'3, so other heights may vary. The only way for him to know if it will work for him for sure? Go to a dealership and test it out.

Andy
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Well could someone get me a photo at least. Maybe having someone out side of the car taking a photo of you putting the roof up. That would be fantastic.

theothersawyer
03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Why would he have trouble putting the top up? Why not just get out of the car, pull the top up, and then latch it?

Andy
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
It seems sort of ridiculous to get out of the car to put the roof up then back in to latch it, then back out to leave. Both he and I realy appreciate on a whim putting the roof down or up while still in the car.

psulja
03-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Not gonna lie, it's not that much work to hop in and out of the car to put the top up or down. Usually what I do with a rollbar anyways, unless I'm driving and don't feel like pulling over to put it down.

theothersawyer
03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I always get out of the car to do it. It is really difficult to do it from inside the car with a roll bar anyways.

iamdallas
03-14-2013, 06:18 AM
I lean my seat back, grab the top with my left hand, pull it up to the roll bar, switch to my right, and done! I have a single diagonal so I'm sure that makes it a bit easier than the double.

theothersawyer
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
I have a double diagonal, but my top has. A zip out glass window and the zipper is slowly becoming I stitched from the top. It took me 2 and a half minutes to put my top up once!

iamdallas
03-15-2013, 12:19 AM
I have a double diagonal, but my top has. A zip out glass window and the zipper is slowly becoming I stitched from the top. It took me 2 and a half minutes to put my top up once!

My last top was becoming unstitched there as well, it is indeed a pain to work around. However, my bar is not compatible with glass windows or zipping out a plastic window to lie it flat. So when I replaced my top I just bought the economy Key Auto from Rspeed. It is actually very nice. I just put a towel in the window when I put it down to stop it from getting scratched.