PDA

View Full Version : please,i need to know what submodel my 2001 miata

muttnutt
03-22-2013, 07:31 AM
will vin number tell me or what? thanks,im buying a bra,and there asking if i have sport package,can someone tell me by looking at pic?

atank
03-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Do you have a 6-speed and leather? They are only available on the LS and Special Editions, LS models also have the LSD. You can find out if you also have the suspension package by checking the label on the passenger side door jamb. It will either say "HARD S" (suspension package) or "SPORT S" (standard LS suspension). LS models have tan tops (and interiors) with leather seats. They also came with the STB, LSD, 16" wheels and the Bose stereo. Base models have black tops and interiors with cloth seats. They came with 15" wheels (16" on the Sport pkg IIRC).

revlimiter
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
That's a base model 2001. The lack of chin spoiler and the 15" wheels are the clue.

muttnutt
03-23-2013, 02:35 AM
perfect thanks alot so i have the base model ok,still loving it.

kung fu jesus
03-23-2013, 08:02 AM
You can also call Mazda USA and give them the VIN. They will tell you what options it was built with.

Boris
03-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Better yet, DON'T BUY THE BRA !!!!!

Not only are they f@cking ugly, they guarantee to ruin the paint that they claim to protect.

atank
03-23-2013, 12:01 PM
^^TRUE^^

kung fu jesus
03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
^^ reiterated for truth.

Between the heat/humidity of FL and your car's dark color, a cloth bra can ruin the paint. If your still interested in some sort of paint protection up there, look for a clear bra film.

Tungsten6
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
I agree with all posted above. Bra's are so friggen ugly lol.
Get a clear (and if your bumper has chips, which from the picture it looks pretty clean get it resprayed and then a clear bra). My car has a good amount of chips on it now (basically from being lowered and I drive on the freeway alot.) Wish I would of gotten a clear bra on it because my bumper was spotless.

muttnutt
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
im a learning,thanks

muttnutt
03-24-2013, 10:32 PM
i really love my car,i just been getting so much bull,about miatas belong to girls,i really could care less what the say,but its funny that i would make my miata look more masculine by adding a bra???? really?anyway i bought a brand new one,on its way the reason i really want one is because it cost less than paint and i like the look not my first with a bra or my last.my miata sleeps in garage,if u take them off every now and then and wax should be no discoloration,opinions opinions!!! i will love my masked miata,makes it look good and mysterious.:)

Tungsten6
03-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Ignore everything.
I have a kid at work who runs his damn mouth every single day. (He drives a fucking cavilier)

Everyone who has talked crap about my car and then has driven or ridden in it has loved it.