PDA

View Full Version : How did you find MazdaRoadster.net

Phatmiata
04-30-2013, 09:06 AM
as the title states.........

How did you find out about MazdaRoadster.net

Please take a second to let us know how you found us, if voting for "other" then please reply exactly what brought you here.

Phatmiata
04-30-2013, 12:26 PM
okay, checked the settings, you guys should be able to vote & comment now, thanks everyone!

RoadsterTech
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Phats kept harassing me to join the site...

RuckkehrMiata
04-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I wasn't an active member, I just read a lot. But I was around when ClubRoadster was the hotspot, and the subsequent diaspora. I prefer MazdaRoadster's maturity and feeling of community, even if the content isn't as full as some other forums (more DIY's, troubleshooting steps etc in other places). Less judgmental, more supportive. In short, mazdaroadster isn't a pissing contest.

bigx5murf
04-30-2013, 01:06 PM
permanently banned from all other miata forums due to mods playing favorites. Had to get away from all the textual ****sucking.

Martin
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
pretty sure my presence here can be blamed on kung fu jesus

theothersawyer
04-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I heard about it when it was first started. Someone had posted about it on our local forum!

JLBMX5
04-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I went to help Demon I Am with is 1.8 swap and everyone else that was there to help with it was from this site and they all talked me into joining

cbaylis77
04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
First found this forum on Google but wasn't active until Wasabi sucked me in. In my opinion it goes like this.
Miata.net: best place to find info. All old people. Too much random non Miata talk.
Clubroadster: all the "cool" kids. Best looking cars. better just to read, lurk.
Miataturbo: I'm not smart enough to hangout there but should pay more attention for my build.
Mazdaroadster: where the "normal" people go. Would be my favorite if got more traffic.
Most of the time I'm on my phone using tap-a-talk so that makes a difference. Turbomiata is harder to use mobile.

atank
04-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Randy invited me! Thanks Man!

tsingson
04-30-2013, 09:51 PM
The other RDU guys referred me.

RuckkehrMiata
04-30-2013, 10:02 PM
First found this forum on Google but wasn't active until Wasabi sucked me in. In my opinion it goes like this.
Miata.net: best place to find info. All old people. Too much random non Miata talk.
Clubroadster: all the "cool" kids. Best looking cars. better just to read, lurk.
Miataturbo: I'm not smart enough to hangout there but should pay more attention for my build.
Mazdaroadster: where the "normal" people go. Would be my favorite if got more traffic.
Most of the time I'm on my phone using tap-a-talk so that makes a difference. Turbomiata is harder to use mobile.

The way I see them, with a made-up quote I feel describes them:

M.net - hardened miata veterans. Extremely knowledgable, kinda old fashioned: "why would you ever modify a miata from stock unless you track it?"
ClubRoadster - I can't help but the feel they are the honda ricers of the miata world: "why is your car more than 2 inches off the ground, that isn't even a real vary lip! drifting is the only kind of racing!"
MiataTurbo - You nailed it right on the head here: "So if I change the voltage to post 2 on the quantum flux regulator, I can get higher air flow over the dynamic thrust valvometer....."
MazdaRoadster - Very open, welcoming community that loves every style from stock, to flush, to track: "No Roadster, No Life!" - PhatMiata

wannafbody
04-30-2013, 10:35 PM
I came over with the CR exodus. Miataturbo has some good info if you can sort through the trash talk. This site seems like a nice mix of various types of owners.

SM16RMSM
05-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Got tired the the BS over on another forum so I decided that it was time to switch. The trolling gets old quick and I come to think that there are some who have no other life but to sit on their computer and make fun of others.

This is how I see it.

M.net - The classic good old guys, very laid back, but nothing happens much
ClubRoadster - learn to use the search you BEEP, your a douchebag if your not stanced, and more unruly comments. AND there always some kind of drama over there.
MiataTurbo - Just needed to add something: "So if I change the voltage to post 2 on the quantum flux regulator, I can get higher air flow over the dynamic thrust valvometer....." them you can upgrade the flux capacitor and time travel is possible with greater input of the dynamic thrust valvometer.
MazdaRoadster - The best, and will continues to be the best. A great community, with great people. Doesn't matter which scene your from, drag, drift, circle, enduro, road course, or the mountains. Everyone is welcome openly and it come out to be a very nice community.

Vegard
05-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Why are you here? Because Randy started it!

Phatmiata
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Why are you here? Because Randy started it!

so maybe I should have added an option that says; "Because randy kept bugging me to join" :teehee:

Vegard
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
^ In a good way :toomuch:

The Driver
05-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Man, some former Riverview carnival clown (now living in Plant City) bamboozeld me into signing up. Said clown then asked me if I wanted to become a mod...

Oh, my bad! :wink:

etikoner
05-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I stumbled upon the forum once, but was confused. lol

then GarageStar told me to join so I did.

Love it haha

maharaj
05-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Randy told me to sign up, so I did.

OnePaintedMan
05-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Revlimiter told me about it. My favourite US based forum. Mature, positive attitudes abound. No dramas.

94R
05-02-2013, 01:50 AM
I can't remember how I happened on MazdaRoadster.net... It may have either been through a post I stumbled on in miata.net or miataforumz. But, I rarely visit those 2 forums anymore. Spend most of my miata related fix here.

George
05-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Randy told me :)

Willywongka
05-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Invited by the man himself... Dandy Randy.

vote4pedro
05-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Phat told me about it.

smaeda
05-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Dandy Candy Randy

Agent☣Orange
06-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Bump

Phatmiata
06-08-2013, 10:35 PM
YY are you up late drinking / bumping threads again?

Agent☣Orange
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
That's only on Friday nights.

Phatmiata
06-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I thought Friday nights are reserved for feeling like a Popsicle in space and random encounters with Latin women? :toomuch:

Agent☣Orange
06-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Hahahahaha!

*Not responisble for forum posts, phone texts and booty calls while drunk.

Malibu Q
03-06-2014, 12:45 AM
fwdtamiya has a link to MazdaRoadster in his signature on CR, which I followed.

theothersawyer
03-06-2014, 12:59 AM
^^hahaha!!!

Ihatecars
03-06-2014, 02:14 AM
I found the Artcentermiata build thread one day while on Reddit. I read through a few other build threads and such, and I decided to bookmark the forum. About a year later I bought a Miata, and here I am.

I was actually very hesitant to join CR, but I was really excited to join the MR.Net family.:mrgreen:

WASABI
03-06-2014, 06:20 AM
I moved over to Mazda Roadster when CR was sold to a large Canadian automotive forum company. I knew CR was dead. It's still there, but it's dead inside. Once run by enthusiasts (and some douches), Club Roadster is now run by employees. Some don't even own a Miata, they just admin on many different sites.

This is lost on everyone on Club Roadster, while they think their "all that", and "edgy"... they are just pawns in a money making venture, owned/run by people who could care less who any of them are.

Here, we are real people (except Winlowe), who love these little cars.

Stey
03-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Cermivelli showed me a post he made here... after looking around I decided to sign up and here I am :3:

Phatmiata
03-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Here, we are real people (except Winlowe), who love these little cars.

Maybe we need a "IS Winlowe REAL?" thread.

FWIW A few years back while I was in Orlando at the National Bigfoot convention, I parked next to gentleman that drove a Mariner Blue Miata, WINLOWE. I mailed him some MazdaRoadster stickers 2 years ago to pass out to the Orlando Roadsters crew, so unless I am delusional or drunk (highly possible at times) I say to you sir that Winlowe IS for real !!!

tsingson
03-06-2014, 07:52 AM
So wait....No one has met him in real life?

revlimiter
03-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Winlowe has posted real things on this site. I remember them. He's clearly real.

As for me, RANDY referred me. Unfortunately, I was not early enough to grab a single digit user number.

jux
03-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Phatty invited me. Only took me a few weeks to see the pm. Lol

The Driver
03-06-2014, 11:40 AM
As for me, RANDY referred me. Unfortunately, I was not early enough to grab a single digit user number.

Wait, a user number? How do I know (where do I check) my user number?

CMP
03-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I was a part of the initial rush from CR (#150). I don't recall specifically how I found out, but I think someone on mx5atlanta.com referred me. I've been in professional lurker status ever since.

Wait, a user number? How do I know (where do I check) my user number?

Go to your profile. Your user ID is in the URL. Yours is #217.

vote4pedro
03-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Winlowe has posted real things on this site. I remember them. He's clearly real.
I have never seen anything but "Welcome Posts" from Winlowe. I was starting to think it was an automated repsonse
Randy strong armed me here.

The Driver
03-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I was a part of the initial rush from CR (#150). I don't recall specifically how I found out, but I think someone on mx5atlanta.com referred me. I've been in professional lurker status ever since.

Go to your profile. Your user ID is in the URL. Yours is #217.

Oh thanks. Wait, 217? WUT! I'm from FL, I see a hanging chad, and I demand a RECOUNT! :realmad:

I'm a 1%'er not a 10%'er. the nerve! :mad:

WASABI
03-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Oh thanks. Wait, 217? WUT! I'm from FL... I'm a 1%'er not a 10%'er. the nerve! :mad:

You'll always be number one to me!!! :fab:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/33bdae97bdb105c669822b7579ad7852/tumblr_mxz56gVkai1sxevpdo1_250.gif

Costa337
03-06-2014, 01:30 PM
To be honest. I would've not known about this forum if it wasn't for Project-G Online Raffle! :mrgreen:

MazRoadAdmin
03-06-2014, 01:34 PM
What's all this talk about user numbers?

CMP
03-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Rampant elitism. No big deal. Did you have something to say, Mr. I'm Number One?

Martin
03-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm #41. Yay.

The Driver
03-06-2014, 02:09 PM
You'll always be number one to me!!! :fab:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/33bdae97bdb105c669822b7579ad7852/tumblr_mxz56gVkai1sxevpdo1_250.gif
Mmm, yeah but no. SO thanks, but no thanks...

Rampant elitism. No big deal. Did you have something to say, Mr. I'm Number One?

You are saying "rampant elitism" like it's a bad thing...

MazRoadAdmin
03-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Nothing at all, Mr. 150. Just poking fun at the people who care about things like member numbers and post count.

Martin
03-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Okay, Mr. "I'm kind of a big deal here."

:lol:

tsingson
03-06-2014, 03:06 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/2f53462b00ac003e327efa7450d7c873/qevui4r/gO7mymea0/tumblr_static_bazinga.jpg

ibid
03-06-2014, 03:42 PM
huh.. interesting to see these stats.. guess word of mouth still wins for spreading the word about this site!

tsingson
03-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Something I never noticed on my profile is referrals. Apparently, I have 2 of them.

MazRoadAdmin
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Heh. :toomuch:

You know, I threw that up there to test some admin features for Phat. Figured he'd come up with something different to go there and run with it. He hasn't yet, so I just left the test up.

But, hey... don't mess with the admin! :ban:

Phatmiata
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM

http://youtu.be/jKKtnSVeY9o

WASABI
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Something I never noticed on my profile is referrals. Apparently, I have 2 of them.

I don't see it. Maybe no one I referred has joined. :gonk:

RotorNutFD3S
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM
It's under the About Me tab all the way at the bottom. You have 4 referrals. :)

CMP
03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
You are saying "rampant elitism" like it's a bad thing...

What do you mean? I started it.

Nothing at all, Mr. 150. Just poking fun at the people who care about things like member numbers and post count.

IT'S A BIG DEAL, OKAY?! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING? CRUSHER OF DREAMS!

:runs off sobbing hysterically:

theothersawyer
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Someone posted about this place on mx5atlanta and now I am here! I am member #65, I believe...???

Edit: Yup! 65 not that it really matters though!

The Driver
03-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Someone posted about this place on mx5atlanta and now I am here! I am member #65, I believe...???

Edit: Yup! 65 not that it really matters though!

I wonder who is 69?

The Driver
03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
What do you mean? I started it.

Oh, ok., we cool!

RotorNutFD3S
03-06-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm #63. I beat Danny! :p

I wonder who is 69?

Someone named Eunosbaby.

Unk577
03-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Some guy down the street that says he owns a miata(though no one has ever seen it) named Randy referred me

The Driver
03-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Someone named Eunosbaby.
Lucky bastard...

Some guy down the street that says he owns a miata(though no one has ever seen it) named Randy referred me

Oh he owns a Miata. Whether he ever drives it or not, that's another story...

theothersawyer
03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm #63. I beat Danny! :p

Damn it! :(

Dandy
03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I was between roadsters when I became aware of CRnet. I picked up my current roadster just about the time CRnet was changing ownership. I learned of MazdaRoadster.net from there as I was picking up chatter of some members making the switch to MRnet or at least adding another site to visit. I bookmarked the site and eventually registered. I didn't become active until after I saw a classified ad posted by Martin for a Nakamae center console:
http://s17.postimg.org/hfowd755r/IMG_4240_zpsf891e651.jpg

That was a very smooth transaction and a very nice introduction to the site. A few months later I got excited reading about Miatapalooza 2013. I joined a caravan which started in Miami and headed up to Lakeland, FL for the day. I enjoyed myself even though I didn't know anyone and no one knew me. I hadn't spent enough time at any of the forums to know anyone's username or roadster. After I got back however, I was really enthused and within a few weeks I finally formally introduced myself.

I'm surprised by how active I have been at posting but somehow a place where members are nice to each other without being condescending kind of works for me. Now I find out that I have just recently won a set of Static9 TSI's from Project-G!
http://riotmind.net/SOOMPI/HAHA/WOOHOO.gif

Yeah, I'm liking it here. Thanks to everyone for making this place a nice place to visit.

WASABI
03-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I'm liking it here. Thanks to everyone for making this place a nice place to visit.

http://www.keepcalmstudio.com/_gallery/300/YZyVKZ.png

It's nice to have you! I'm loving your music posts!

HELLIONMX5
03-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't remember.... where is the option for that?

died at valvometer from itnro page. I lurked before but I think it wasn't until miatapalooza that I actually registered. I think I found it from the cr.net forum cause I frequent that one. now I don't frequent any cause of various life plot twists going on. think I will back track in order to vote.

BUT I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!! just wait. working on my build thread. think I have an intro thread on here

actually working on becoming a vendor here. have some ideas in mind. only place I can afford atm. reasonable pricing. also it probably be the only place.

I too think thst cr has changed so much from what it was when I first joined. I just hope this place doesn't end up like that. there is more of an accepting feel to this forum.

Thank you for that.

ninja edit, can't find how I found it... what do I vote for? I know I lurked here before my join date, but that's what I do.

Phatmiata
03-07-2014, 02:16 PM
voting poll was on the first page, not sure if it is still open? FWIW this thread was created about a year ago. :zombie: But still nice to know folks enjoy the site, please be sure to tell your fellow Miata owners about the forum so we can add bigger and better things here in the future!

JamieH
03-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Same reason as Wasabi posted.

I initially joined hoping MR would be a better environment than the current Miata forums. The others have all just seemed to have gone down hill. Still knowledgeable people and valuable info on each of them. But, too much bullshit, too much hostility, too much "I'd have done it like this/you're doing it wrong." I don't expect people to treat each other like babies, but come on. At least be as civil as you would be when standing in front others.

Oh, and yeah, MR has been phenomenal. Completely lax atmosphere where people really seem to get that we all have the same passion for an adorable "chic" car.

RotorNutFD3S
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Oh, and yeah, MR has been phenomenal. Completely lax atmosphere where people really seem to get that we all have the same passion for an adorable "chic" car.

And Hot Wheels. Or toys in general.

Malibu Q
03-07-2014, 10:32 PM
I revived this ancient thread on purpose.
It's a good theme for a thread. It's about the people who make this the friendliest Mx-5 forum on the web.
This is the thread to give a shout out to fwdtamiya, and publicly thank him for helping me find this place.
I love it here.
And thanks to the admin team, you're doing it right!
Also, I used the poll. I think it works.

Agent☣Orange
03-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Love having you here Malibu. BTW, what's a friendly term we can call folks from Tasmania?

Malibu Q
03-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Love having you here Malibu. BTW, what's a friendly term we can call folks from Tasmania?

We just call ourselves locals, Tasmanians is the straight answer, but I also hear the term Taswegians used as a humorous description. I don't mind.