PDA

View Full Version : Upload photos from iPad

Andy
01-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Has anyone been able to upload photos from I devices? Tapatalk makes the image very small and most of the pics are on my iPad directly from taking the photo or on my iPhone. Like when I go to a miata meet I attach the ad adapter and upload it instantly to my device. So,e advice would be awesome. Thanks

Agent☣Orange
01-04-2012, 11:46 PM
You and me both. I hate turning my computer on anymore.

MazRoadAdmin
01-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I'd consider just opening the full version of the website in a web browser on the iPad.

Andy
01-04-2012, 11:51 PM
I'd consider just opening the full version of the website in a web browser on the iPad.

That is what I currently? prefer but I can not upload a picture becuase it says to choose location and it is grayed out. Any suggestions?

MazRoadAdmin
01-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Okay, I hadn't played with uploading a file on this forum yet, so I just tried it. Seems to work okay. Pretty fancy uploader, really. (which could be the problem)

Since YellowYata is an iPad guy, I'll let him verify if there's an issue on the iPad. If there IS a problem, I can't really do anything about it. You'd probably have to upload to one of the picture hosting services. (if you need help on that, read this (http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?368-Posting-a-big-ol-photo-in-a-thread))

Moving this to the Help section, btw.

Agent☣Orange
01-05-2012, 12:20 AM
No, it's an iPad issue because I get the same, greyed-out button to choose file but on the computer, it works fine. The thing to do is have a way for the iPhone to automatically upload photos to a service and then post the img tag. I think Photobucket has an app for that. Haven't messed with it though.

Andy
01-09-2012, 11:39 PM
So do we have an official answer?

Agent☣Orange
01-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I've only gone as far as download the Photobucket app which says it can send your iPhone picts right to your account. I've used the iPad to post photos here before however, when you're looking at the album view with all the links, the iPad will not select and copy the img link. You have to click on the photo individually and then you can copy the link.

room42
01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I have an iPhone and have also tried uploading photos from it. I have noticed that Tapatalk imposes a max file size limit of 7 kb. I have tried posting images on CR.net with the same result. However, when I try uploading a photo on m.net, I have the option to choose "small" or "medium" and medium allows a file size of 68 kb, resulting in a larger image. Perhaps there is a setting in the Tapatalk plugin for the forum on the server side that needs to be tweaked?

Just my two cents' worth...

Agent☣Orange
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Hmm, I don't know. I don't ever use Tapatalk.

MazRoadAdmin
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Okay, I wrote this off as iPad weirdness at first, but now I see it looks like a Tapatalk issue. I checked for options, there aren't many, and none of them are image-size related. I checked Google (love me some Google) and found that this is a known issue with Tapatalk and they claim it's been fixed in the latest release. (whether that's a server-side fix or a client-side fix, they don't say) I have an update to Tapatalk that I've been sitting on for a couple weeks (came out like the day after I first installed Tapatalk, go figure), and I'll get that installed tomorrow. I'd also suggest that you try updating your Tapatalk app on your phone and see if that helps.

Keep me posted. It seems there's a solution out there, and updating either the server side plug-in or the user app (or both) will hopefully fix it.

(and for the record, I don't have an iPhone/iPad, so I can't test it)

MazRoadAdmin
01-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Testing.

Agent☣Orange
01-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I'll buy the Tapatalk app then and see what the issue is with iPads. Stick it on my pile of things to do as soon as I'm able.

MazRoadAdmin
01-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Didn't think I'd get to it tonight, but I did. The forum is now on the latest version of Tapatalk. My Android phone is, too. (FWIW)

Uploads seem to work okay. There is a little glitch. It offers "full size" and "small size" and they are clearly backwards on my phone. "Full" is 16.4kb, "small" is 37.5. In the examples above, the mouse photo was uploaded as "small", and the screenshot as "full". Backwards.

Aside from that (which is obvious if you look at the file size as you choose), it seems to work great... on an Android.

room42
01-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Testing...

When I uploaded these two photos, the only choice I had was "small" (~ 7 or 8 kb)...I will check for more settings on my side...

Edit: one more try:

3rd pic...can't upload from phone by editing...

room42
01-10-2012, 03:37 AM
3rd picture:
Still 8 kb...more testing to follow...

room42
01-10-2012, 03:57 AM
One more test for now:

room42
01-11-2012, 02:30 AM
Methinks I see a change...50 kb max size option...

Edit: indeed, now the image uploaded from my iPhone is a useable size! Yay!

Thank you for whatever change was made!

R