PDA

View Full Version : AEM UEGO AFR Gauge/Controller output

Pfunk
05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
I've an all-in-one AEM AFR gauge/controller and use its output as input to the MS2 Extended ECU. I recently got a full set of Speedhut gauges and want signal from the AEM unit as input for the Speedhut gauge but still need the AEM to feed the ECU. Any ideas on how to get voltage output to the Speedhut gauge without it affecting the signal the ECU requires?

kung fu jesus
05-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Are there two output wires out of the controller unit?

Pfunk
05-26-2013, 05:32 PM
No; it looks like I'd have to either run a separate setup (bung, sensor, and in-line controller to send a signal to the new meter) while keeping the original in place to send a signal to the ECU or use a controller with multiple outs.

Pfunk
05-26-2013, 05:39 PM
The unit has one analog output and one serial output, but the analog feeds into the ECU.

Pfunk
05-26-2013, 05:47 PM
If I run parallel circuits, the voltage will be the same in both branches of the circuit but the current (amps) will be half... the voltage is what's read by the ECU but I'm not sure what effect halving the amperage would have.

kung fu jesus
05-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah, not sure if the amperage would affect anything. The O2 gauge is essentially just a voltmeter. Maybe convert the serial output to analog?

Pfunk
05-26-2013, 10:44 PM
According to Dimitris I can split the output from the controller and it will not affect the ECU. Sweet!