PDA

View Full Version : Project Ronin@ the Nurburgring

OnePaintedMan
06-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Thought you might like to see one of my laps from the 'ring. Just got back yesterday. First time I've been - this was my 5th lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Xqkx2_Flw

Sorry for the slow start - the guy in front lost his barrier ticket! (You can FF to 1:40 if you want to).

Grip Driver
06-04-2013, 06:07 PM
The track of all tracks! I hope you had a good time :)

OnePaintedMan
06-04-2013, 06:22 PM
An absolutely mindblowing experience. It's a lot more difficult than it appears to be on Playstation and there is a lot of scary machinery on track (I was passed by pseudo touring car 3 series BMW's, aero-kitted M5s, Porsche GT3 RSR's, a couple of Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, Ferrari 458 Italia , etc).

Biggest fear is dropped fluids and bikers though. I had an off at just below 70mph whilst avoiding a large oil patch on the inside of a corner. Got slightly airborne over the kerb before running across grass for 100m and rejoining the track.

Dandy
06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
That was fun! The coolest dashboard and retro mirror while tearing up the track.

Ciotti
06-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Awesome video, but what on earth is the vibration you have going on?

revlimiter
06-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Loved every minute. Thanks for taking us all along virtually.

OnePaintedMan
06-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Awesome video, but what on earth is the vibration you have going on?

Could be a rear wheel bearing or the diff? I need to get it checked. The resonance between 65-75mph was. . . Uncomfortable.

Oh course, driving half that lap with the front nearside brake pad down to the metal didn't help! I discovred after the lap that the calliper had seized and totally worn the pad away!

OnePaintedMan
06-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Could be a rear wheel bearing or the diff? I need to get it checked. The resonance between 65-75mph was. . . Uncomfortable.

Oh course, driving half that lap with the front nearside brake pad down to the metal didn't help! I discovred after the lap that the calliper had seized and totally worn the pad away!

I have replaced the entire front brake set-up with new callipers, discs and pads and the vibration/resonance has gone so it must have been the locked on front calliper.

Hyper
11-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Awesome, and thank you for sharing the video.

WASABI
11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Great video! Thanks for the ride! And your interior continues to impress!!! Do you have any video of when you went off track?

BlitzWing
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Would love to do this some day but I think I'd end up driving like an old man.

Off topic that guy who lost his ticket... well he found it and the wall (if its not him its a really similar set of graphics)

http://youtu.be/zIltO3NuGkk?t=4m36s

wannafbody
11-08-2013, 04:48 PM
They should widen that corner.

BlitzWing
11-10-2013, 04:30 AM
i'd remove the wall and cover that hill bank in sand and rubber tires. but then again most of these drivers were going way too fast and didnt see the dip in the road after the corner.

OnePaintedMan
11-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Funnily enough that corner is always the one they show vids of people going off on. Its the camber. I think it changeshalf way through and falls away to the outside. There were plenty of other bends much much scarier though.

I am going back to do a trackday for the MX5s 25th Anniversary celebrations next year hopefully. I can't wait.