PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mazda CX-5 BEATS Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester in Comparison Test

MRnewsBot
06-06-2013, 11:37 AM
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Beats 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD, 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring in Comparison Test

http://www.usdailyvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/0605-CX5.jpg

The 2014 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring defeated its top competition – the 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring and 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD – in a recent comparison test run by Car and Driver. Though it didn’t exactly top any categories convincingly, the CX5 Grand Touring emerged as the better of the three vehicles by providing the most complete overall package.

A look at the 2014 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring reveals a vehicle that is quite fast compared to the other tested crossovers, with a zero to 60 time of 7.6 seconds and a 15.8-second quarter mile. Compared to Toyota and Subaru’s crossovers, Mazda’s new CX5 Grand Touring produces more horsepower – 184 horses at 5700 rpm on its 2.5-liter I4 engine with Atkinson cycle. But since vehicle buyers don’t normally purchase crossovers for their blazing performance, the CX5 Grand Touring fortunately got a lot of praise for its appearance. With a “sharp and heroic” front fascia, the 2014 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring made a good impression with Car and Driver’s reviewers, and despite a plain-looking interior, the vehicle proved to be a comfortable one to drive while at the same time leading the way in terms of driving feel. If the new CX5 Grand Touring has any pronounced weaknesses, it was in the areas of rear seat comfort and cargo space, where the crossover scored especially poorly on both categories.

Coming in at second place was the 2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD, which was reviewed as a crossover that is “cheap, kind of fun and suitable for all” – in other words, solid but unspectacular, right in the middle in terms in most categories. Interior styling was a sore point on the RAV4; “the longer you look at (the RAV4’s textures and accents, the weaker the illusion of luxury becomes.” Interior comfort turned out to be a strong point, same with the vehicle’s flexibility and versatility. And at last place, the 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring wasn’t a bad vehicle despite occupying the bottom as the “most carlike” vehicle among the three crossovers. The Forester 2.5i Touring’s continuously variable transmission was singled out as the most noticeable weakness, as it made Subaru’s crossover quite difficult to drive, apart from being the least “exciting” vehicle of the three.

read more: http://www.usdailyvoice.com/2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-awd-beats-2013-toyota-rav4-xle-awd-2014-subaru-forester-2-5i-touring-in-comparison-test-6119/matthewfaris.html