PDA

View Full Version : custom center caps, who does them now?

Calmdown
06-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm working on a long term project, and had been talking with r2-limited.com regarding getting a one off badge done that was basically the same as the center caps he did.

Then I got an email from him that he was moving on, and would be shifting his business on "in a short while".

Haven't seen anyone step up for it on the forums, and all the "send us a picture, we'll make a badge for you..." Folks...Well, they're not craftsmen... Polyurethane coating instead of epoxy, which isn't uv proof, they wasn't an image, not a scalable vector, etc, etc...

So, I'm asking if anyone does center cap badges, and/or diners badges in the same manner as r2-limited? Epoxy domed, quality graphics, etc, etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

CD...

wannafbody
06-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm not surprised that R2 isn't going to be doing that anymore. It seems like such a niche market that it probably isn't worth the hassle. Maybe Revlimiter could design something custom for you.

Steveco2
02-05-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm working on a long term project, and had been talking with r2-limited.com regarding getting a one off badge done that was basically the same as the center caps he did.

Then I got an email from him that he was moving on, and would be shifting his business on "in a short while".

Haven't seen anyone step up for it on the forums, and all the "send us a picture, we'll make a badge for you..." Folks...Well, they're not craftsmen... Polyurethane coating instead of epoxy, which isn't uv proof, they wasn't an image, not a scalable vector, etc, etc...

So, I'm asking if anyone does center cap badges, and/or diners badges in the same manner as r2-limited? Epoxy domed, quality graphics, etc, etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

CD...

Hi Guys, I found some real metallic custom center caps (not badges) on http://www.upstreamcentercaps.com/center-caps
It is not cheap though.

Phatmiata
02-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Revlimiter.net is making some, check the LITE Sponsors section

vote4pedro
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I was trying to get R2 to make me some custom ones, but I got sidetracked, and when I got back to him he had stopped producing them.
So I came up with my own tediously involved idea for some formula panasport caps using a set of original eunos center caps:

Dandy
02-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Wow! Nice idea. I just saw a set of Eunos caps for sale recently.

Driftdevil
02-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Rev said that he is not offering them at the moment due to trying to find the right epoxy to coat them.

revlimiter
02-05-2014, 07:52 PM
I hope to have something for sale. I'm not sure when due to crushing gauge orders, but I promise, I will put any available time I have into it.

Dandy
02-05-2014, 08:02 PM
RevLimiter quality is worth the wait. And, if past experience is any indicator, the wait will not be long.

Phatmiata
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
ClubNA makes the Eunos ones as well. But for full metal I bet that Retro Modern can make some.

Phatmiata
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
http://cart05.lolipop.jp/LA09831829/img/product/PR00101936373.jpg

theothersawyer
02-05-2014, 09:26 PM
^^^^That is absolutely beautiful!

Hyper
02-06-2014, 07:19 AM
what do you guys have in mind?? Post some ideas here.....