PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with CRYO2 systems by DEI

ZQQMIN
07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
as the title says, does anyone have ANY experience with this on ANYTHING but more importantly our beloved Miata? it can be seen here http://www.designengineering.com/content/cryo2-cool-way-get-more-power

thanks

wannafbody
07-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Looks like it would only be effective for drag racing.

SM16RMSM
07-20-2013, 11:26 AM
I used to sell them at the speed shop. They were a popular for cooling the air for the intake system for drag racing. But as times changed, water/meth is the popular choice and cheaper. A water/meth install takes up much less room then the CryO2. There are four ways to cool the air in a turbo charge car. There is the O2 sprayer from DEi (I was a direct dealer for them), a typical water/meth kit, liquid intercoolers using chilled water with dry ice, and then there is the good old plain water sprayer.

Hyper
07-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I used to sell them at the speed shop. They were a popular for cooling the air for the intake system for drag racing. But as times changed, water/meth is the popular choice and cheaper. A water/meth install takes up much less room then the CryO2. There are four ways to cool the air in a turbo charge car. There is the O2 sprayer from DEi (I was a direct dealer for them), a typical water/meth kit, liquid intercoolers using chilled water with dry ice, and then there is the good old plain water sprayer.

I am debating whether I should install a liquid intercooler and run the car with e85. All the dragsters do it here in Miami but in the miata I am concerned with the additional weight. What I like about water to air intercooler is that you can run a very short pipe from the turbo to the intake manifold while removing all restrictions in front of the radiator. That is cool for fast spool in a big turbo ride and for the cost you can get an entire kit online from frozen boost.com not bad either.

I was thinking about designing an intake manifold with a barrel style water to air intercooler integrated into it. that will save me so much space in the engine bay plus it will balance the engine pretty much with the addition of the turbo, I like that idea a lot. There are so many options to create more dense air, ideas ideas ideas!