PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Mazda RX-7

MRnewsBot
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Real or Not? Body Lines look very familiar....

Discuss

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3744/9460551411_d794099bcf_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2865/9463320872_c5f8b5ca70_b.jpg

Phatmiata
08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Just by the looks of what I have been reading online about the new RX7 I can tell this will be in the Nissan Skyline price range.......... :fp:

DK Wolf
08-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Sure.. because a BRZ doesn't happen to look anything like that and be quite affordable.

The looks don't mean anything

EDIT: Also.. I highly doubt a rotary will have such a tiny exhaust outlet.

tsingson
08-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I hope they do limited quantities if that's the case. I would hate to see a second demise....

DK Wolf
08-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I hope they do limited quantities if that's the case. I would hate to see a second demise....

Nope.. you want as much production as possible.. keeps it more affordable, and aftermarket become affordable as well. FDs in Japan are cheap to mod because of it's sheer abundance. Limiting a vehicle doesn't do anyone any good, especially not Mazda. Look at the BRZ.. it's errwurr.. it's cheap, and it's highly successful.. give it a couple years and it's parts will be cheap too.

Phatmiata
08-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Sure.. because a BRZ doesn't happen to look anything like that and be quite affordable.

The looks don't mean anything

I'm talking about what I "looked" at online for the price point they want to market, something like 80k. I was not basing it off how that art render "looks". :fp:

ya boy willz
08-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I just hope they don't actually put that puny little spoiler on it if it does go into production. And I'd see this more in the Evo/STI/370z range than the GTR range. The rx7 was never a "cheap" car and it isn't a remake of a Corolla with no horsepower so I doubt it'll be sub $25k.

eunos96
08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Wasn't the RX-7 discontinued due to a lack of sales or something along those lines?

Thumper13
08-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Wasn't the RX-7 discontinued due to a lack of sales or something along those lines?

Probably because of it's lines. That was one fugly looking car.

Now I can see Mazda going after the BRZ market. Those puppies are selling pretty darn well Mazda just has to make theirs handle a wee bit better out of the box than the Scion/Subie

imperfekt
08-16-2013, 05:18 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... But this is sacrilege! Lol

atank
08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
The front looks okay, but I can't handle the rear for some reason.

Ihatecars
08-16-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't want to believe this is the next iteration of the Rx-7. This is a monstrosity. It looks like a mash of bad ideas thrown together. I'm already getting tired of the new Mazda from fascia already. When I saw the 3rd gen Mazda 6 for the first time I was blown away, but after seen a near cut copy on every other vehicle Mazda is releasing I'm slightly disappointed. Let's hope Mazda does something different with the final version of the Rx-7.

Maybe Mazda should look into hiring the guy that did the Nsx shop for a design position. That shop's Nsx had a front end that rivaled Italian super cars.

pnoy1duh
08-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Very angular, not my cup of tea as far as translating to a new RX-7 (a new RX designation and I'd be fine with it), but it fits their current design language. Maybe if the front looked closer to the Furai and the top had a double bubble I'd be more ecstatic. Hopefully it isn't anywhere near GT-R price and closer to recent RX-8 prices. I'd like to see an NA version slide in under what RX-8s used to cost to build interest and a force inducted/maybe hybrid version in limited numbers representing a true halo car for Mazda just above the cost of what the RX-8 R3 was new.

The Driver
08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
When the RX-7/Supra/ 300ZX where killed, was due to a decrease in sale, due to pricing. The dollar was on a free fall, and those cars where priced like European cars, due to the less than favorable Yen/Dollar ratio.

I hope to GOD (kinda) you were talking about the RX8, 'cause calling an RX7 ugly, is heresy! BTW, the RX8 may have been short on the looks dept, but it was an AMAZING ride. Kinda like the girl that has just o.k. looks, but immense talent in the sack!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... But this is sacrilege! Lol

Amen!

mini_fd
08-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Well I like the looks of this car and hope it is the 2017.

Jeremiah
08-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Someone enlighten me, why isnt that a RX-9?

There was RX-7, RX-8, so this is a RX-7 reincarnated?

BlitzWing
09-11-2013, 03:40 PM
name recognition. The RX-8 was going to carry the number 7 but they thought fans of the 7 might not like the idea of the classic 2 door suddenly gaining a set of doors and a less hard core image. So they named it the RX-8.

I'm going to be interested in what ever they come up with if its paired to rival the BRZ then theirs a risk it might eat into MX5 sales but with romours the next 5 will be downsized could this be the ground work for a car to rival the BRZ/GT86?

As for the RX-7 I've always loved the looks it has a very classic look nothing risky cosmetically but still unique looking. Oh and rotory's ftw