PDA

View Full Version : Where's my Nor Cal peeps?!

maharaj
08-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Moved from God's waiting room (Florida) to the Sacramento area and am seeing Miatas EVERYWHERE!!! Who's up for starting some local meets or has any suggestions?

Phatmiata
08-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I think NorCal is WillyWongKa's, RetroModern's, GarageStar's territory?

Massiah
08-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Lot's of Miatae and groups in NorCal. IIRC there is a meet coming up 8/21 in the Sac area. Check NCR (http://www.norcalroadsters.com/forum/) events section. Most are in the Bay Area but there is something going on every Wednesday. Unfortunately there are only a few NorCal peeps on this forum.

There are a few NorCal facebook groups for Miata's, too. Too many IMO but that's because drama.

horribleR
08-14-2013, 11:20 PM
If there's one thing NorCal isn't short of...it's drama.

edit: And people who don't really want to meet up.

kulluminati777
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
I would love to go to a MX5 meet. Im in sacramento. But i would be bringing MX3 :)

BoBo
08-15-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm from Norcal.There used to be cool weekly meets here in the bay area a few years ago, but it became drama, so that's why I stopped going. There used to be a lot of cool people.However, they all stopped going to meets as well. Socal meets are probably the best right now. Norcal kind of died out in my opinion. I don't meeting some Sacramento peeps though, Ive seen some pumped up miatas there last week. I saw a miata on a trailer seriously gutted out and prepped, ready for paint job. That's exactly what I'm going to do to my miata in the future.

Willywongka
08-15-2013, 02:26 AM
There are two meets that the GarageStar crew put together and usually attends. First Thurs of every month in Vacaville 'Fentons' parking lot and I think every second Wed at Shoki Ramen which is in Sac. I try to attend the thurs meets every once in a while when I have time. It'd be nice to meet some Florida folk =).

Phatmiata
08-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Moved from God's waiting room (Florida) to the Sacramento area and am seeing Miatas EVERYWHERE!!! Who's up for starting some local meets or has any suggestions?

Would be just priceless to see the necks break when your Miata pulls up :toomuch:

Are you gonna wear your Grand Pooba Fred Flintstone Buffalo Hat? I love that thing!! They would really see Florida peeps as a strange lot.

I would love to go to a MX5 meet. Im in sacramento. But i would be bringing MX3 :)

You should totally bring out your Mazda, I'm sure it would be recieved well. In our local club we don't mind the MX3, or RX7, heck we even have some MS3 guys now.

Massiah
08-15-2013, 10:03 AM
If there's one thing NorCal isn't short of...it's drama.

edit: And people who don't really want to meet up.
Yeah this is too true. Idk what it is but the Miata community out here is really splintered.

maharaj
08-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Looks like I'll try to hook up with GarageStar to pub the next meet.

maharaj
08-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Would be just priceless to see the necks break when your Miata pulls up :toomuch:

Yea, went to my cars second home yesterday, the gas station, and the reaction was hilarious. I really need to get a GoPro to record this stuff, hilarious....especially out here.

BoBo
08-16-2013, 01:11 AM
There are two meets that the GarageStar crew put together and usually attends. First Thurs of every month in Vacaville 'Fentons' parking lot and I think every second Wed at Shoki Ramen which is in Sac. I try to attend the thurs meets every once in a while when I have time. It'd be nice to meet some Florida folk =).

Hows your car doing? did you ever fix it? I never got a call from you. I didn't know they had meets in vacaville I would be down to go depending on what time.

speedypenguin
08-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Hows your car doing? did you ever fix it? I never got a call from you. I didn't know they had meets in vacaville I would be down to go depending on what time.

BoBo, I sometimes go to the Vacaville meet as well. Where in the tri-valley are you? I'm in Pleasanton. Are you thinking about going to the Shoki meet on the 21st?

maharaj
08-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Do the local guys ever have any tech sessions?

speedypenguin
08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Do the local guys ever have any tech sessions?

Bay Area Miata Drivers has tech days once a month...but they typically meet in the Bay Area. I'm not sure about the sac area...ask Kenjo (Garagestar)

BoBo
08-16-2013, 01:15 PM
BoBo, I sometimes go to the Vacaville meet as well. Where in the tri-valley are you? I'm in Pleasanton. Are you thinking about going to the Shoki meet on the 21st?

I'm in Dublin, but also staying at Castro Valley. Shoki meet? whats that?

speedypenguin
08-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm in Dublin, but also staying at Castro Valley. Shoki meet? whats that?

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6552-Monthly-Sacramento-Meet!-Oh-yea!-Come-get-yo-Ramen-on!&p=98485#post98485

Garagestar is going to be raffling off some of his products and also gift cards for the Shoki Ramen house. That might be a slight incentive for me to go. :P

BoBo
08-18-2013, 04:36 AM
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6552-Monthly-Sacramento-Meet!-Oh-yea!-Come-get-yo-Ramen-on!&p=98485#post98485

Garagestar is going to be raffling off some of his products and also gift cards for the Shoki Ramen house. That might be a slight incentive for me to go. :P

crap, I have class during that time. That sucks since I haven't been in a meet in many years. We should throw a meet in the tri-valley one of these days, like at Hacienda or that tapioca across Valero in Dublin.

Massiah
08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I'd be down for something in Dublin, but the Sac meets are just too far for a week night. I sometimes show to the NCR meets if I know there will be a few people there. They can be pretty dead sometimes.

Jeremiah
08-20-2013, 11:58 AM
crap, I have class during that time. That sucks since I haven't been in a meet in many years. We should throw a meet in the tri-valley one of these days, like at Hacienda or that tapioca across Valero in Dublin.

I would be down for a meet (Fremont resident here).
You guys ever come out here? We have Pacific Commons aka the block and we have In-N-Out Burger, Tapioca Express, Wendys, Costco, Target, Five Guys, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, etc. Its cracking out here.

http://www.hiexpressfremont.com/img/headerImages/pacific-commons-fremont.jpg
Easy access right of 680/880.

Willywongka
08-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Try to hit this meet up, I'm gonna do my best to make it to this.

https://www.facebook.com/events/112981908891949/?ref=14

Phatmiata
08-20-2013, 03:05 PM
I sent some MazdaRoadster.net stickers out there to NorCal, hit up maharaj aka Drew (you will hear him before you see him)

Also sent some out to GarageStar (Kenjo) this morning, hopefully he will get them in time for your next meet. I am totally out of stickers again now :fp:

BoBo
08-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I would be down for a meet (Fremont resident here).
You guys ever come out here? We have Pacific Commons aka the block and we have In-N-Out Burger, Tapioca Express, Wendys, Costco, Target, Five Guys, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, etc. Its cracking out here.

http://www.hiexpressfremont.com/img/headerImages/pacific-commons-fremont.jpg
Easy access right of 680/880.

Yah Dublin/Fremont . I can meet up on Thursdays of Fridays, if we can find 4+ people I will go.

speedypenguin
08-20-2013, 03:47 PM
I sent some MazdaRoadster.net stickers out there to NorCal, hit up maharaj aka Drew (you will hear him before you see him)

Also sent some out to GarageStar (Kenjo) this morning, hopefully he will get them in time for your next meet. I am totally out of stickers again now :fp:

Nice! I can finally represent MR on my car! :)

maharaj
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6552-Monthly-Sacramento-Meet!-Oh-yea!-Come-get-yo-Ramen-on!&p=99222#post99222

BoBo
08-22-2013, 03:37 PM
That sucks for me, I had school yesterday. Hopefully the next meet would be a Thursday or Friday.

silvermazda
10-04-2013, 02:18 AM
yoyoyo, IN the hayward.

theaenb
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Sac area here. The wed. meetups still happening?

maharaj
02-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes they do. For now :whistle:they are once a month on the 3rd Wednesday of each month....so there is a meet next week. There is also a meet every 1st Thursday in Vacaville.