PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pump? Which one to get

Ctracy5
09-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Hey guys I am getting a new power steering pump and was wondering if you guys have had any luck, good or bad, with different brands. Right now I am think going with Napa but the duralast from Autozone is is about $50 bucks cheaper. I have never had issues with Duralast in the past but was wondering if I would be better off with the Napa or some other brand.

I found this site (http://mazdapartscenter.com/parts/index.cfm?siteid=215522)
I have never used them and don't like buying online from places I know nothing about but getting a real OEM pump would be nice.

Well Any advice would be nice because I am pretty new to the mazda world. Thanks

3MiataFamily
09-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Just pick up a used pump...I have actually never seen one go bad...and we have over 80 cars in our Club...used OE is a very good option and usually pretty cheap from various sources...like Planet Miata..or someone parting out a car

atank
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I have never had one go bad either, I would check the part out section for a used one, I may even have one somewhere!

SM16RMSM
09-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Don't know if there is a difference between a 1.6l and 1.8l pump, but I have one off a 94 I'lllet go for cheap. Little bit of rust on the front pulley. Don't know if it still good.