PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Old Blue Potato is up for sale/trade..........

atank
10-03-2013, 11:11 AM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4105172926.html

95 miata with itb setup (trade) - $8000 (roswell)

I have a 95 miata

Laguna blue
1.8l with r.s. aizawa itb setup
Tuned on hks fcon pro ecu runs and drives good once warmed up
not super fast till you get on a moutain. Love this car just testing the waters. Car has 140k tac quit at 138k. I did not build the car myself a local shop called rspeed built the car along with the previous owner.I've had the car for about 2years. I've taken it on many trips to meets hours of driving at a time. Ground control coilovers
Racingbeat headers
Pitcrew dual center back exhaust
hardtop with spoiler
chrome gas cap cover
Chrome side mirrors
effect wheels 15×8 0 offset

Polished roll bar (hard dog)
Custom interior done by items
bought off rev9

Nardi classic wheel
leather seats
Kg works cluster

Mostly only wanting to trade for another fun car, rwd only no Hondas please I like Mazda, Subaru, Nissan , older Toyota , bikes ,drift cars anything worth wile.Make an offer. txt or call

Ihatecars
10-03-2013, 11:19 AM
I wish I had the cash. I'd buy that in a minute.
I'd be know as the guy that bought the potato from the guy that ruined the potato. I could pretty enjoy the R.S. Aizawa ITB setup without worrying about ruining the potato.

atank
10-03-2013, 11:20 AM
I wish I had the cash. I'd buy that in a minute.
I'd be know as the guy that bought the potato from the guy that ruined the potato. I could pretty enjoy the R.S. Aizawa ITB setup without worrying about ruining the potato.

Me too, I have emailed him about it, we will see!

Phatmiata
10-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Ummm why is there photos of three different Miatas? :fp:

I did not even bother reading the ad, if you cannot even post a photo of what you are selling why bother!!! :angry:

psulja
10-03-2013, 11:29 AM
He posted photos of the car, it just wasn't the first thumbnail

Phatmiata
10-03-2013, 01:01 PM
...rant

Maybe it's a generational thing, or a mental thing, but I just don't understand how a legitimate buyer can take that ad seriously? :fp: The photos are small, and crappy, and the details of what the car actually has is sub par at best. If you want $8000 for "any" vehicle which is that old in years, you need to at least get high quality pics, and have a decent write up about it.

The banks wont finance a car that old so you are asking people for $8000 cash money which most folks don't have laying around to blow on a Miata. especially when most are $2000 examples. And for those folks looking to buy they will just see your average stanced out miata, nothing special here. just my .02 cents, I wish the buyer (and the car) the best of luck.

:rant:

theothersawyer
10-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't even see why anyone would want it anymore. It is hardly the Blue Potato at this point. I completely agree with you though, if you are trying to sell something then put some effort into your ad. If you don't put any effort and care into the ad, then I automatically think that you don't put any effort or care into the car you are trying to sell.

atank
10-04-2013, 06:43 PM
I don't even see why anyone would want it anymore. It is hardly the Blue Potato at this point. I completely agree with you though, if you are trying to sell something then put some effort into your ad. If you don't put any effort and care into the ad, then I automatically think that you don't put any effort or care into the car you are trying to sell.

Well I want it, but can't do the asking price.......

WASABI
10-04-2013, 10:28 PM
It's not the "Blue Potato". Right now, it's mearly a nicely modded NA in Laguna blue. $3500-$4200 tops!

P.S. And it's a terrible Craig's List ad.

Phatmiata
10-04-2013, 10:30 PM
It's not the "Blue Potato". Right now, it's mearly a nicely modded NA in Laguna blue. $3500-$4200 tops!

P.S. And it's a terrible Craig's List ad.

Agreed, and it has a LOT more miles, so no matter the engine upgrades it will be ready for a new engine sooner than later, especially if the owner ragged it out.

atank
10-09-2013, 05:45 AM
"The truth is always stranger than fiction"

So yesterday I was driving home from work, and halfway home I see what appears to be the Blue Potato (what are those odds, from Atlanta to Dalton), I go on home, get in my Roadster and drive to where I saw the Blue Potato, Lo and Behold, it is the B.P, hood up, doors and trunk opened. I get out and a young guy comes out of the house, I proceed to talk to him about his new Roadster, and the deal he made for it. I walk around inspecting the B.P, its taken a whole lot of abuse, the body is beat to hell, can't even see the underside because its on the ground (hellaflush), Jake (the new owner) was working on getting the ITB's tuned, the idle air control was off, they were all good except #3 it needed some more fine tuning. Jake traded his Nissan 240SX on the B.P., and he loved it so far, I left him with a MR.net sticker, and a card, I hope to see him here soon. I offered my help, and told him I will be in touch, and maybe we will do a run up the mountain...............soon. I think if its not raining today I will go back over with my tools, camera, and help him wrench on it today. Will post pictures tomorrow if all goes well.

BlitzWing
10-09-2013, 06:21 AM
a 240Z for a NA... who ever got that Z maybe had the best deal of the century. I'm sorry fellow fans but I'd trade my car for a S20 in a heartbeat even if it had some rot.

But back on topic I'm not familiar with the BP's legacy but it seems to be a car of some notoriety so I hope this guy fixes the awful ride right (sorry I really don't get and/or like the slammed movement) as that engine bay looks stunning.

fwdtamiya
10-09-2013, 06:24 AM
:popcorn:

atank
10-09-2013, 06:28 AM
a 240Z for a NA... who ever got that Z maybe had the best deal of the century. I'm sorry fellow fans but I'd trade my car for a S20 in a heartbeat even if it had some rot.

But back on topic I'm not familiar with the BP's legacy but it seems to be a car of some notoriety so I hope this guy fixes the awful ride right (sorry I really don't get and/or like the slammed movement) as that engine bay looks stunning.

No sorry it was a Nissan 240SX...............

BlitzWing
10-09-2013, 06:37 AM
ah.

hmmm a S13 or S14 for one epic looking roadster hmmm its an interesting trade. I'd like to know why he left the Nissan crowed as I've seen a few people in the UK basically give up on their 5's and go for S14's so I'd like to know why he made the switch the other way.

atank
10-09-2013, 06:43 AM
ah.

hmmm a S13 or S14 for one epic looking roadster hmmm its an interesting trade. I'd like to know why he left the Nissan crowed as I've seen a few people in the UK basically give up on their 5's and go for S14's so I'd like to know why he made the switch the other way.

I will find out and post additional info, unless he comes here and tells his story (which is what I invited him to do).

WASABI
10-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Nice work Anthony!

Phatmiata
10-09-2013, 08:12 AM

..............I'm not familiar with the BP's legacy but it seems to be a car of some notoriety ................

Yeah this was on the scale of Revlimiter, if you follow his progress...... the Blue Potato had a LOT of small "details" that made it so special, but its main claim to fame was the Pit Crew racing front bumper. At the time (late 1990's, early 2000) this Miata was one of few cars in America with the Pit Crew front bumper (cost about $3500 FWIW) so that is probably why there are so few, that and it is a very Unique style, you either love it or hate it.

Here is Peter's site, he has moved on to a vintage Mini Cooper now.
http://www.thebluepotato.net/

tsingson
10-09-2013, 08:16 AM
The 240SXs in the states have a huge following and it's a big trend. Wannabe drifters snatch them up like candy because they want to be cool. It's like the AE86 when everyone was into that car.

psulja
10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Hopefully the new owner joins here and sees just how great the car he bought once was and can bring it back to the state. Not necessarily the pitcrew front end but all the other little things that the car likely needs now after the second owner got his hands on it.

theothersawyer
10-09-2013, 10:14 PM
The previous owner, was into the drift scene. He was a troll. I had talked to him a few times and was not impressed. He started tagging all of my pictures on instagram as #ricer or #homo. He was a real class act. It is no surprise that the car was beat to shit! :(

Flyin 92
10-10-2013, 04:19 AM
Makes me sad that TBP was even sold to that kid. Like others have mentioned... I hope the new owner returns the car to it's former glory.

Should the day ever come I sell my roadster there WILL be an extensive screening process. I'm selling it to a real enthusiast and not some dori dori dorifto punk.

brontosaurus
10-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Did this dude end up regging here?

atank
10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Did this dude end up regging here?

Not Yet, I am going to stop by next week and see how his progress on the OBP is going ..............

DK Wolf
10-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Makes me sad that TBP was even sold to that kid. Like others have mentioned... I hope the new owner returns the car to it's former glory.

Should the day ever come I sell my roadster there WILL be an extensive screening process. I'm selling it to a real enthusiast and not some dori dori dorifto punk.

Who cares? Its just a vehicle.... let it go..... for monnnneeeeeyyyyyy

73Bacon
10-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah... (snip) ...but its main claim to fame was the Pit Crew racing front bumper. At the time (late 1990's, early 2000) this Miata was one of few cars in America with the Pit Crew front bumper (cost about $3500 FWIW) so that is probably why there are so few, that and it is a very Unique style, you either love it or hate it.

Noooo... I beg to differ. I read far more drooling, oohing and ahhing over it's IRTB setup and matching Japan-only, Japan-could only tune it, and Japan-flew technicians to the USA twice to tune it ECU. I'm no expert but I think the Pitcrew front end is relatively common compared to the Potato's one-in-country IRTB and ECU setup.

atank
10-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Noooo... I beg to differ. I read far more drooling, oohing and ahhing over it's IRTB setup and matching Japan-only, Japan-could only tune it, and Japan-flew technicians to the USA twice to tune it ECU. I'm no expert but I think the Pitcrew front end is relatively common compared to the Potato's one-in-country IRTB and ECU setup.

Yes, and that is what I would love to have, if and when he gets ready to sell...........

Ihatecars
10-26-2013, 05:47 AM
He started tagging all of my pictures on instagram as #ricer or #homo. He was a real class act.
I couldn't stop laughing for almost five minutes after I read #homo. That guy sounds like a huge douche.

But seriously though. The 240 community is so incredibly crappy. Very few people take care of their cars, and if they do it's because their cars is a hellaswag garage queen. Drifting is cool and all, but it's become a bit of a cancer to the car enthusiast community. The entire drift culture is based around destroying your car, not taking pride in it. I understand that not everybody that likes to drift is this way, but it's honestly far too great of a portion of the community. The masses of idiots slamming their 240s into light posts in parking lots are ruining it for the few people that really enjoy their cars and the motosport side of drifting.

Reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxRWsjq5Ng

BlitzWing
10-26-2013, 01:38 PM
This is basically what the UK MX-5 scene is heading towards.

The supply of Nissans is getting really low. Domestic S13's are almost all gone, S14's value has risen above the average spending of these types, S15's are rare to the point most are now weekend cars for people with a nice jobs and Skylines have kinda split. If its a GTS is its going to die a death of rusty neglect while GTR's remain relatively well kept... for the most part.

This means these guys have moved on. Most move onto the RX8 and BMW 3 series but the budget drifter and those who see them as something disposable have jumped on the poor MX5. Go onto any UK board and you can find huge numbers of posts about Ebay turbos, racelands, welded diffs and stance. Then in 6 months the same users are selling the car as spares and repairs. I've seen it on US boards too but not in the same numbers.

A car like the BP in the UK would not last long. The low value means many don't see it as worth it and those who do would break the car rather then sell it for less.

RoadsterTech
10-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Makes me sad :gonk:

Ihatecars
10-26-2013, 03:27 PM
As somebody that loves 240s because of the fact that they're a great car, not just for the #driftswag, this pains me. My girlfriend wants a s13 hatch, but the two of is have search for a few months, but can't find anything that isn't a complete pos. The drift hasteria is terrible in my local community. Ive even seen a few guys that are buying older wrx Imprezas and doing a red conversion so they can drift them. Its a cool idea, but it makes me sad knowing that those Imprezas will meet a slow and agonizing death because of the conversion.

I'm scared for our little Roadsters.

BlitzWing
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
one thing that I've always wondered about in the drift scene in particular the US side is why so few muscle cars? its basically what they do best with little mods or no mods. it cant just be the whole JDM swag crap can it? Just seems way more logical to build up an old school trans-am then to tube frame a 240sx and drop in a V8. I guess LSX powered nissans are just too popular.

Ihatecars
10-26-2013, 05:47 PM
American muscle cars don't handle very well.
I know a few local people that compete in grassroots events with muscle cars, but they have all put a decent amount of time and money into the handling aspects of their cars. Here in the states there is a pro drifter named Vaughn Gittin Jr. that drifts a Fox Bodied mustang, casually. It's incredible how much work had been put into the suspension of that car to make it handle on the level of modestly modded s13s.

Tldr: Muscle cars are fast, but they suck at everything else, mostly.

rossstang8808
11-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Here in the states there is a pro drifter named Vaughn Gittin Jr. that drifts a Fox Bodied mustang, casually. It's incredible how much work had been put into the suspension of that car to make it handle on the level of modestly modded s13s.

Go on YouTube and look up "Dave the Drifter."
He is the guy that Jr. bought that car from. He was basically THE pioneer of foxbody drifting and figuring out what it would take to make them slide.

atank
03-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Its for Sale again:

http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/4367327792.html

theothersawyer
03-10-2014, 07:54 AM
So sad.... :(

Phatmiata
03-10-2014, 08:10 AM
for $9000 FIRM you would think the seller would list the mileage, VIN, and have better quality photos, and maybe more than 3 photos at that? :fp: And why is he still calling it the Blue Potato when that pit crew nose is no longer on the car? Its just a Blue Miata now with some nice parts. GLWS, but it doesn't look like a serious FS ad IMHO.

atank
03-10-2014, 08:14 AM
SAD....................:cry2:

Malibu Q
03-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Guess it seems too expensive in America. I don't think so. Provenance is such an important aspect of classic cars. When I think of the most collectible American Miatas, the Blue Potato is most definitely on the list. One of you guys should buy it and document the restoration here. It'd make you famous amongst Miata folk forever. It's good value.

tsingson
03-10-2014, 08:55 AM
It looks so beat up.

Phatmiata
03-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Guess it seems too expensive in America. I don't think so. Provenance is such an important aspect of classic cars. When I think of the most collectible American Miatas, the Blue Potato is most definitely on the list. One of you guys should buy it and document the restoration here. It'd make you famous amongst Miata folk forever. It's good value.

It seems expensive because it is, there are so many "Like new" examples popping up lately with low miles, all original, that don't require work for less than half of the asking price. Also, since the car is more than 5 years old most banks in the USA won't loan money to buy it. And most guys already have their hands full with their own Miata. Only someone new to Miatas will buy this, and someone with a lot of extra cash to burn, its not worth more than $5000 in its current state.

Someone start a What's it Worth thread and Ill post it on the facebook page. :whistle:

Cxmoney
03-10-2014, 09:03 AM
zip tied rear bumper, overly rolled fenders, looks to be a brown dildo shift knob, etc. what a hunk of junk. only good things about it is the rollbar and ITBs.

and hell, if he is asking $9000 firm for it, when you know damn good and well he beat the shit out of it seeing how he wants to trade for other drift cars, then I am going to ask $12,000 firm for mine since its been well maintained and taken care of! lol

Malibu Q
03-10-2014, 09:17 AM
The best cars have a story to tell, whether it's race wins or magazine features. Sure a low mile car is nice, but it doesn't inspire or entertain people like one with a great history. Given the choice, I'd prefer a car with a great back story to a low miler.
NA's sell from $3-$13K here in Australia though.

theothersawyer
03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
I guess one of us needs to win the Mega Million Lotto! If I did, I would restore this car. It is just too sad to see it like this. Even if I did win the $300+ million dollars, I still wouldn't give him $9,000 for this car!

atank
03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I would go $4500...................:?

CMP
03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
My dad recently picked up a cherry '97 Montego with 37,000 miles for $7500. That should be a prime demonstration of the value (or lack thereof) for this vehicle.

Madaboutmx5s
03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Its expensive based on UK prices for cars but even still has a interesting providence with the rs aizawa IRTB's, etc and history with the previous owner. Whilst it would be a task I can see the attraction of taking that car and making it special again, kind of blue potato version 2. Then again I am a bit madaboutmx5s!

kung fu jesus
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
5k tops

Ihatecars
03-10-2014, 08:13 PM
That CL classified made me sick to my stomach.

theothersawyer
03-10-2014, 08:14 PM
This car either needs to be parted out or restored!

JamieH
03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
That CL classified made me sick to my stomach.

Want to feel even sicker? A reminder of what the car looked like when it sold for the 1st time in '12.

http://www.thebluepotato.net/blog/2012/01/for-sale-the-blue-potato/

http://www.thebluepotato.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/d03_3974.jpg

I feel that the car looks abused now. And it would take a special individual to pick the car up and return it to it's former, or at least a new, glory. And come on, 3 pictures? You want to ask for top dollar for a car, at the least represent the car properly.

atxsbigwalt
03-13-2014, 04:57 PM
such a shame. Everyone should flag the ad and get that disgrace deleted.

Phatmiata
03-13-2014, 04:59 PM
such a shame. Everyone should flag the ad and get that disgrace deleted.

:shrug: I would rather he sell it and let someone else try to bring it back to life...........

atank
03-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Its gone, he traded/sold it for a Gray 240sx..................:(

theothersawyer
03-13-2014, 06:40 PM
I feel like this is a never ending cycle....240 guys need to stop trading for it, because in the end they will trade it to another 240 guy...

atank
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I sent the guy an email wanting to buy the OBP at a realistic price, maybe a partial trade for my 99 Miata, but he never replied.......................

Agent☣Orange
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
IMO, best to let Blue Potato fade into legend.

atank
03-13-2014, 06:47 PM
IMO, best to let Blue Potato fade into legend.

True, I just wanted to save whats left, but that's the way it goes sometimes..................

Dandy
03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
The new potato platform? http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4354587272.html The mnet guys are falling all over themselves for this one but no one seems to be in the market.

Of course this one would be kind of cheating as the original blue potato didn't start out with a tan interior, if I recall correctly. This will be a nice score for someone.

JamieH
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh my goodness, Dandy, that car is cherry. All of a sudden I also want a Laguna Blue Roadster along with a '93LE & '95 M. Damn it Mazda, why you make so many sweet versions of MX-5?!?!

atxsbigwalt
03-13-2014, 08:20 PM
That miata is for sale in my city haha. Too bad I already have two miata projects. One being a black 93 C-Package, but no where near that mint and low mileage.

atank
03-14-2014, 04:59 AM
Yeah that one is a keeper as is!!!

Phatmiata
03-14-2014, 06:44 AM
The new potato platform? http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4354587272.html The mnet guys are falling all over themselves for this one but no one seems to be in the market.

Of course this one would be kind of cheating as the original blue potato didn't start out with a tan interior, if I recall correctly. This will be a nice score for someone.

It's priced right too!!! Go get it!!

Dandy
03-14-2014, 08:22 AM
I have to say that I am tempted but I would probably have to put this car in service rather than use it as more of a weekend car. I'm still kind of looking for an RX-8 to fill more of the daily commute role.

mx54life
03-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Let me see them new red seat covers, it won't look good uninstalled lol.

zoom
04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Unsure if same owner..
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/4435128515.html

Said he would take 6,000 :(

fwdtamiya
04-30-2014, 06:03 PM
...that's a good deal

insert TBP here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/fwdtamiya/1392356262712_zps57dd254b.jpg

atank
04-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Unsure if same owner..
http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/4435128515.html

Said he would take 6,000 :(

Yeah that's the OBP with a different owner, I wanted to buy it but the price is still too high, IMHO.............:?

Phatmiata
04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
wow great ad, 1 photo, and 2 line description, do they really want to sell this car? lol

Andy
04-30-2014, 07:13 PM
At this point I think the only people that would buy it are those that know nothing about miatas or someone that wants to part the car out. It still has a fair bit of parts that are worth something. Hell if I got a hold of it I would probably snag the engine and itb setup, diff, and exhaust for myself. Part with the rest especially those hideous wheels.

MrFox243
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Talked to the owner today. Said he may be interested in trading for my 2001 Honda Insight. Decided to post over here about my discovery because I found this thread from someone who directed me here from ClubRoadster. Approximately how many miles do you guys think is actually on this thing?

95MerlotM
05-02-2014, 11:07 PM
This has been an odd day in the miata world for me. First, i learn that Rooster has been sold to a guy local to me which i finally get to see in person Monday(so damn excited). Secondly, I learn that whats left of the OBP is also in the same state as me just a couple hours away. Now im sitting here waiting to hear about a Sharka and Scrat visitation to Tennessee lol. I would love to pick this up so it cant get passed around anymore but ive already got 5 vehicles which of 2 are miatas :(

Phatmiata
05-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Talked to the owner today. Said he may be interested in trading for my 2001 Honda Insight. Decided to post over here about my discovery because I found this thread from someone who directed me here from ClubRoadster. Approximately how many miles do you guys think is actually on this thing?

Hi there! welcome to the site!! I looked in the past FS ads but nobody seems to list the mileage. Folks don't know how to list a FS ad anymore I guess. :fp: I hope you can get it and do this car some justice!

Phatmiata
05-03-2014, 07:13 AM
This has been an odd day in the miata world for me. First, i learn that Rooster has been sold to a guy local to me which i finally get to see in person Monday(so damn excited). Secondly, I learn that whats left of the OBP is also in the same state as me just a couple hours away. Now im sitting here waiting to hear about a Sharka and Scrat visitation to Tennessee lol. I would love to pick this up so it cant get passed around anymore but ive already got 5 vehicles which of 2 are miatas :(

Those cars are traveling all across the USA, next they will be in California :blaugh2:

Andy
05-03-2014, 09:49 AM
I said it on another forum but I will say it here as well. Should the blue potato be parted out I want dibs on the pit crew exhaust.

Vegard
05-03-2014, 03:49 PM
You couldn't live with it Andy.

Andy
05-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I would force every resonator known to man on it so I can have the pit crew look.

Cxmoney
05-03-2014, 05:27 PM
If that's the case, why don't you just have a custom one built? It would probably end up $200 or so cheaper that the regular pitcrew, before adding all them resonators...

Andy
05-04-2014, 01:10 AM
But then how would I show off my hipster swag stance on club roadster when I clearly don't have the stance? I have to compensate for something.

Honestly I just liked the way it looks. I like the fact that the tips are incredibly small which is a very big plus for me.

Cxmoney
05-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Like I said, just have one made, polish it up, and no one would know the difference. You would then have the look you want for a much cheaper price, and you could start today instead of waiting forever for one to show up for sale.

At least that's how I look at it. But if your dying to have an original one, then more power to you

Madaboutmx5s
05-04-2014, 04:25 PM
If the blue potato was for sale here in the uk at the price mentioned I'd buy it. Too much of a iconic five to be banded around or stripped for parts. Even if it cannot wear another pitcrew nose then create a new distinctive look for it to adorn and create blue potato version 2.

atank
06-29-2014, 05:48 PM
This just keeps getting better...................

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4544059293.html

http://i.imgur.com/nEt0toR.jpg

vote4pedro
06-29-2014, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=atank;138196]This just keeps getting better...................
Wow, I just read the other day on CR that he was considering looking for the RS Aizawa nose for the car.

fwdtamiya
06-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Whatever kid bought the car didn't know what to do with it. He said a lot, but the only thing he actually did was raise the car slightly and try to make a quick buck.

horribleR
06-29-2014, 07:24 PM
if he was smart...he'd take my $5k offer. It's a poop deal on my end because it could explode on the way back to CA. :3:

also, airfare and gas is 'spensive.

sickcured
06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
I would bend over backwards for strangers in order to pay for this if I wasn't married.
Only things I would do is fix front end with pitcrew, replace wheels with Panasports or Wats, and swap steering wheel for deep dish 350mm black spoke for driving and use Chrome spoke for show. (Had a chrome/wood myself and the reflection was too much for driving with top down plus for me, wood slips through my sweaty hands.)
What a shame something so special went to someone who might be 'special'! [emoji12]

atank
06-29-2014, 07:34 PM
if he was smart...he'd take my $5k offer. It's a poop deal on my end because it could explode on the way back to CA. :3:

also, airfare and gas is 'spensive.

Just send me the money, I'll pickup the OBP and drive it to Cali for you...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc

Andy
06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
I was talking to the owner of the rotten potato on club roadster a few days ago. Car currently burns a quart of oil every week. Tuning is a complete hodgepodge at the moment. Last he said it was running a greddy piggyback which makes absolutely no sense as it is itbs. In my book the car is worth maybe $4,000 just for the few parts it has left.

horribleR
06-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Just send me the money, I'll pickup the OBP and drive it to Cali for you..........

the car wouldn't make it.. lol

Phatmiata
06-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Someone buy it and part it out, let the poor car die already.

Andy
06-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Mmmm those 2 inch exhaust pipes look tasty. I want them should it be parted out.

etikoner
06-29-2014, 09:54 PM
I doubt you'd keep them on your car even if you got them.

Andy
06-29-2014, 09:57 PM
It would probably be way too loud. But until I actually hear them it is anyones speculation as to how they will sound in the real world in regards to loudness.

theothersawyer
06-30-2014, 12:01 AM
It is just so sad to see the car this way. I sadly agree with Phat, it needs to die already! :'(

Golden Stallion
06-30-2014, 12:53 AM
Kind of new to the wonderful miata world (January) so I don't know much about the blue potato. I have read this full thread and now that I know it isn't just a fancy name, I saddens me that someone would do this to a rare miata. First in color and even more so with that itb setup. I'm on the side of restoring vs letting it die away. Hope whoever s hands it is in now will be taken care of. That is why I didn't want to buy a stanced or turbo miata so I wouldn't have to about a abused car

atank
06-30-2014, 05:59 AM
Ream'em and weep.......................:twisted:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/4545660391.html

http://i.imgur.com/hM4Mm4gl.jpg

kung fu jesus
06-30-2014, 07:42 AM
I feel like this is a hostage situation, not a classified ad.

atank
06-30-2014, 07:50 AM

Yes, I have made the seller an offer, waiting on him to answer..............:shock:

fwdtamiya
06-30-2014, 08:49 AM

Things are getting a bit extreme. :lol:

Andy
06-30-2014, 09:07 AM
The problem with that car is no matter who buys it or how they fix it, realistically it will never be to where it once was. It will be a large eyesore for the community and will be passed around like the town whore or a cheap craigslist bicycle. The only course of action that is justifiable would be to part the entire car out and let the miata community have more awesome parts that can actually be used. Then when the entire car is parted out it should be crushed as a bare tub. That way this fiasco will finally die.

vote4pedro
06-30-2014, 11:53 AM
It is a miata, and there are a lot of them.
It is not something that would be truly worth 'saving' in it's stock form since it was originally a black interior roadster.
It has been passed on by people who saw it, wanted it, and did not know what to do with it.
If someone had simply bought it and fixed it up as he or she felt fit, this would probably be a non issue.
The Blue Potato WAS the Blue Potato. That is, and will remain so.
We just have to wait and see what happens.

revlimiter
06-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Has one several awards and features.

What an ad. lol