PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Thread title sizes...

Small White Car
01-06-2012, 10:10 AM
So I'm sure the answer is use Tapatalk but I'm friggin' poor so...When surfing from the iPod I find the thread titles in the new post screen, which are the links to open the thread, are quite small, smaller than the thread starter name which is also a link to their profile which is where I end up 50% of the time. Not sure what to do about it, just pointing it out...

MazRoadAdmin
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
The forum skin is optimized for a desktop computer.

Yes. We configured Tapatalk because it was quick and easy to do. And it's a REALLY cheap app. I'm poor, too... but I splurged and spent the $2.99 on it just so that I could test it after setting it up. And, you know what? It's actually worth it! I use it now, and I never thought I "needed" it.

That said, there are mobile options within vBulletin itself that we may look at in the future. I expect they include a stripped down forum skin that will work much the way Tapatalk does. When we get around to thinking about custom forum skin options and things like that, we'll look at mobile options, too. But, for now... spend the 3 bucks on Tapatalk. Really. It's a good app.

Small White Car
01-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I get it, it just seems if I shrink my screen to fit the iPod, which i have no problem doing in order to read the forum, the titles shrink in scale but it seems the authors names don't.

And how come the forums I like don't support the free apps?

MazRoadAdmin
01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Oooooh, I get what you're saying now. There could be a solution for that. Is it all users or just like "special" users like mods, admins, and sponsors? (I'm hoping it is the special ones because that might be easier to deal with)

MazRoadAdmin
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Did a quick fix on this that might help. I moved the "last post" icon to the right a bit so that it should be easier to hit without hitting the "last poster's profile" link.

That's about the best I can do until we get around to looking further into mobile themes.