PDA

View Full Version : From Suzuka, Japan to London, England via New Zealand (Pitcrew Content)

Madaboutmx5s
10-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Some of you may have seen the photoshop that was done by a kind nutzer for me showing the Corns car as a Pitcrew.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/Cornscarasapitcrew_zpsa5c8a205.jpg

This reason for this was this week I agreed to buy and had delivered today the Pitcrew conversion Russell (Vindi) on here had bought from Rob (ex of nutz).

Here is the a pitcrew sitting in my spare room.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1462658907292605&set=pcb.1462659143959248&type=1&theater

It was good of Russell as he personally delivered it down to my home today and we also got a chance to catch up for a chat over Pizza, talk fives and what development Russell is working on with regards his Project M mx5 business.

The story of this Pitcrew is it started life at Suzuka, Japan at Pitcrew HQ. It then and I would guess went on a car to New Zealand as a Japanese import from where it was put up for sale at a breakers in around late 2007/early 2008. I know this because at the time I enquired about buying the bumper. Instead Rob here in the UK bought it for his roadster and had it imported at great expense to the UK. Sadly this project never saw completion and was earlier this year purchased by Russell but the car was bad with tin worm so was beyond saving.

As Russell is busy with Project M he asked me if I would be interested in this part given my past history with pitcrews.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1441242186100944.1073741831.143292047026644 9&type=3

Which brings me to present day and this part now sitting in my spare room! I need to decide if I will use my latest v spec s2 racing fronted roadster for this project or if it means something new to build from?

Thanks for looking.

Hyper
10-19-2013, 06:24 PM
dude dump every project you have and build the pitcrew!!!!!. this car is beautiful!!!!!

Willywongka
10-19-2013, 06:54 PM
It seems like history always seems to come back to haunt ya :). If i recall, you missed your red pitcrew you sold to a person in france. I think the pitcrew nose would look really nice on your corns!

Ihatecars
10-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Project m? Like Super Smash Brothers?
Anyways, great looking Pitcrew! Im excited to see the progress on your project.
Someday I might spend the money on a Pit crew front end... someday.

Madaboutmx5s
10-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Thanks chaps I need to work out if I am going to use one of my existing fives for the project or start on another. It would be cheaper obviously to use an existing car but they all have their own identities and doesn't seem right to pitcrew them!

This pitcrew bumper has done a bit of a world tour before ending up near London, England. I remember it from the breakers yard in New Zealand and I guess like some of the rarer parts you tend to follow and notice where they go if you miss them.

Project M in this case is the name of Russells's mx5 business.

http://www.projectem.co.uk/products.php

Vegard
10-20-2013, 07:14 AM
Good to see you coming back to a pitcrew!

What cars do you have at the moment?
-The silver n2.
-The corns car
-The funky fto front car.

I'd say non of these would fit the pitcrew look as is, as jubiride + pitcrew looks weird, the n2 is perfect as is, the fto front is well unique!

My vote goes for a new NA with: 14's, trap rear bumper, trap rear lights (if you can get garage woolery rings for them as well even better) and removing the body line. Pitcrew single wiper setup and center exit.

Done :D and all in perhaps the same eggshell mini white as your first one.

Hyper
10-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I say build a white NA with black hardtop and silver stripes just like the one above. I say sell a bunch of parts and focus on one car only and make it special and one of a kind. I say at the end you will be driving this car more than any other car you own because is one that was built from scratch, I say it's worth it.

Dandy
10-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Excellent updates! Cool cars and a little bit of history. Not your average NA thread.

Madaboutmx5s
10-20-2013, 10:44 AM
At the moment I have these 4.

Tuckin 99 N2 FM2 Turbo car which I pretty much built back in the day in 2007 and is the keeper.
Corns Roadster now with a built engine from Tomei full of TODA Racing goodness.
V Spec 1997 MK1 Roadster with some nice parts including S2 Racing Front bumper, Pitcrew Exhaust.
R Limited 1995 MK1 Roadster.

Probably the green V spec will become the Pitcrew and shorty rear bumper is already back on the agenda!

Vegard
10-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I forgot about the green with s2 front, go with that one, a good base it seems.

What happend to the fto front one? Is that the engine that's in the corns now?

Madaboutmx5s
10-20-2013, 11:58 AM
I forgot about the green with s2 front, go with that one, a good base it seems.

What happend to the fto front one? Is that the engine that's in the corns now?

Yeah probably will use the green car. Engine from the ms car is now in corns. When it came into the UK it was advertised that tomei had built the engine. It's got a lot of toda raidng parts, ported head, etc.

Hyper
10-20-2013, 12:03 PM
.. i say you are crazy nutz!!!!!!!!! i love the first picture!!

Madaboutmx5s
10-21-2013, 12:36 AM
.. i say you are crazy nutz!!!!!!!!! i love the first picture!!

My username is rather fitting!

Hyper
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
My username is rather fitting!

for real now, have you thought of compiling the best miata parts from three cars to make 1 very special miata?? I think you have more than enough cool looking parts to build one hell of a miata. just like Randy A/K/A Phatmiata did with his white NA. The car became itself a legend mostly because the white and red interior which had so freaking nice looking parts it was one of its own. I think you really can pull it off dude and at the end i think is worth it. if anything have two rides fully loaded with the best stuff.

Anyways man, I want to see you install the Pitcrew nose in one of your rides and do the stripes, with the rare black hardtop you own it looks sick!!! I love it!! What brand is it??

Madaboutmx5s
10-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah sometimes I think I have too many cars or projects. However I think the silver car would stand up tbh. Funnily enough though here in the UK the corns car is the one everyone wants to see, etc (till the silver car stays garaged for too long at which point I get moaned at the bring that). I should have kept the pitcrew that went to france as that could have been pretty cool if I been left with it.

The hardtop on the corns car is a kanspo hardtop. Out of all the lightweight tops this is the lighestest I have come across. Pitcrew project will probably start next year. Got the r limited to sort/sell probably unless it becomes the pitcrew while also have another car that I have just got rid of that and selling the final few parts from.

Hyper
10-22-2013, 08:49 AM
I like the look of the corns car in this stage. seriously why did you change it??

Madaboutmx5s
10-22-2013, 12:15 PM
^^^ lol! That's the look l least liked! Was too boy racer for me and car didn't have the power to match the looks. Prefer the shorty bumper with the clubman GT front for the more retro shakotan style.

Willywongka
10-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I personally like the wheel selection on the one hyper posted! Put them back on!

Hyper
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I also love the wheels too, and the Garage Vary Rear bumper looks great with the tail light and ducktail lip

Madaboutmx5s
10-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah I should have kept those wheels. Like the watanabes on my silver car they were type R's sold up lots of nice stuff when I went a bit mental with rx7s :fp:

The GV rear bumper was nice, think its in Finland now. Tbh if I had kept on the car it needed a madder front look to pull it all off. The front IMO looks too much like your standard modified mx5 and then has a wild rear end. I'd have needed to have balanced it up if that look had stayed.

In other news this turned up from Sweden today.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/f0e5afae-3737-4376-abbd-86a5e23ffa2d_zps860fb6ef.jpg

Dandy
10-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh my. Nice!