PDA

View Full Version : NB clockspring in NA

scsi
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM
ive done some research into putting an NB steering wheel in my NA but haven't seen anything definitive on this subject. im hoping that ive just missed it and someone can tell me for sure. mostly i see people using the NB wheel and airbag, drilling the back of the wheel for the tabs to fit or chopping the tabs on the clock spring, and splicing wires to get the horn and airbag connected. i read one place someone said they think an NB clockspring would make the whole setup plug and play, but no confirmation. anyone?

thanks!

theothersawyer
11-25-2013, 06:43 PM
I just cut the tabs and spliced the wires and everything works great! I don't know if the airbag works, but I also don't plan on ever finding out!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m231/GaAsSlugger22/IMG_0024_zps5144754f.jpg

It's been in the car for probably over 2 years of daily driving without any issue! :D

The Driver
11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
^ Same here. I had it my Merlot, but never installed that NB steering wheel unto my current Montego. Fun fact, long before we met, I almost bought an NB steering wheel from Agent Orange!

Phatmiata
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
^ Same here. I had it my Merlot, but never installed that NB steering wheel unto my current Montego. Fun fact, long before we met, I almost bought an NB steering wheel from Agent Orange!

was that when you chased fat chicks at the local bars?

The Driver
11-25-2013, 07:02 PM
was that when you chased fat chicks at the local bars?

Prove it. It never happened. Fat chicks have chased me, but they dont't ANY of this!

scsi
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM
LOL you guys :P

theothersawyer, yours was actually one of the cars ive seen. looks great!

without the tabs, will the turn signal deactivation still work? i would really prefer to have the NB clock spring if itll do what i think it does so i want to confirm. otherwise, its good to know that the alternative isn't all that difficult sounding :)

theothersawyer
11-25-2013, 08:47 PM
LOL you guys :P

theothersawyer, yours was actually one of the cars ive seen. looks great!

without the tabs, will the turn signal deactivation still work? i would really prefer to have the NB clock spring if itll do what i think it does so i want to confirm. otherwise, its good to know that the alternative isn't all that difficult sounding :)

Really?? That's cool! Yes everything works just fine! I honestly forget that NA's came with that ugly boxy steering wheel! The NB Nardi is much nicer and a bit thicker as well. Personally, I feel it gives it a sportier feel! Not to mention it just looks better!

Agent☣Orange
11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Prove it. It never happened. Fat chicks have chased me, but they dont't ANY of this!

Proof! That's The Driver in the background after I hooked him up at a typical Tampa Bay Miatas meet (and it wasn't the first time).
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/1e2aaee4-4d19-409b-abc7-c1822139aa09_zps8c590ab8.jpg

The Driver
11-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Proof! That's The Driver in the background after I hooked him up at a typical Tampa Bay Miatas meet (and it wasn't the first time).
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/1e2aaee4-4d19-409b-abc7-c1822139aa09_zps8c590ab8.jpg

That's not me. I gotz a 'Rican butt, not that you'd know, white boy...

scsi
11-30-2013, 01:28 AM
so can anyone verify whether an NB clockspring will plug and play in an NA? seems i don't even have the NA clockspring either :(