PDA

View Full Version : Power Steering Pulley Delete

johnfett
12-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Can someone tell me the benefits of this item? I see it states you have more room in the engine bay, but what other benefits or drawbacks are there? I wanted to buy this item last night but there was just not enough info I guess, and I was too slow and missed out.

johnfett
12-07-2013, 11:07 AM
here is the part I am talking about.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?7769-quot-rare-quot-power-steering-pulley-delete-sold

BlitzWing
12-07-2013, 01:51 PM
I seen it as well. I know a lot of guys over on MK5 nuts love doing PS deletes with the pump gone and a non-PS rack in place you save wight and if your going turbo you can gain some room for piping.

Personally I'm not sure why its needed. I assume that with the pump removed even if you had the right belt for the AC unit alone you could not tension it as from what I can tell the AC is fixed in one location. So I have to ask if your removing the PS to save weight why no also remove the AC?

Hyper
12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Shipped today I will email a tracking number to the buyer.

Note: I may have another one for sale soon. If interested just reply to this thread

Hyper
12-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I seen it as well. I know a lot of guys over on MK5 nuts love doing PS deletes with the pump gone and a non-PS rack in place you save wight and if your going turbo you can gain some room for piping.

Personally I'm not sure why its needed. I assume that with the pump removed even if you had the right belt for the AC unit alone you could not tension it as from what I can tell the AC is fixed in one location. So I have to ask if your removing the PS to save weight why no also remove the AC?

with the power steering pump you have little space to route intercooler pipes on that side of the engine. Remember you have coolant lines and the PE filling reservoir, corresponding lines power steering lines running on that side of the engine. With the Power Steering pulley delete all that is removed. you can look under my signature my thread Hyperspeed Works the Pulley Delete in my engine.