PDA

View Full Version : 8th Annual Mazda Pre-Race Exhibition - Orlando, January 18, 2014

kabel
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
8th Annual Mazda Pre-Race Exhibition - Orlando, January 18, 2014

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1522019_602730223133632_1677785831_n.jpg
photo credit: MSM MotorSportsMedia http://www.racemsm.com/

For seven years in a row, Classic Mazda in Orlando has sponsored a very special and unique racing related event few others ever experience. And this the eighth year marks another big leap for Mazda as they enter the newly formed United Sports Car series with a factory backed effort in a brand new car, the Mazda Skyactiv-D diesel powered Lola LMP2 SpeedSource race car.

Please join us on Saturday, January 18th, 2014 from 5:30 to 8:30pm to celebrate motorsports as we lead into the opening round of the USC season with the infamous Rolex 24 hours at Daytona.

• Meet & talk with Mazda team & drivers
• Autograph session with the drivers
• Prizes & Giveaways
• Food Trucks and Beverages
• Pinewood Derby car races! <<< NEW!!!

RSVP to: crogers@classicmazda.com

You do not have to be a Mazda owner to attend, this event is open to anyone with an interest or passion for motorsports.

If you think you might attend, please rsvp to the email address, it will help tremendously in accommodating everybody.

2075 N. Semoran Blvd. • Orlando, FL 32807 • 407-681-2222 • www.classicmazda.com
For More information call 407-681-2222 or email crogers@classicmazda.com

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1486547_701634233193689_1279397394_n.jpg

Phatmiata
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Already signed up!!! This will be awesome!! Last year was great!! Maybe I need to setup a MazdaRoadster booth like Heath Did for MM ??? Would they allow that?

kabel
01-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I am sure they would Randy. Email Chad and or Heath (Heath works at Classic Mazda now) and ask.
It should be a lot of fun again this year.

You have any pinewood derby cars? We're racing them at this event!

ramius
01-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Oooh. Might have time this year! Are they planning on having the new LMP2 cars there, too?

kabel
01-12-2014, 08:42 PM
They should have a demo/roller LMP car there

Phatmiata
01-13-2014, 03:37 PM
I am sure they would Randy. Email Chad and or Heath (Heath works at Classic Mazda now) and ask.
It should be a lot of fun again this year.

You have any pinewood derby cars? We're racing them at this event!

Only downhill racing cars I have are Modified Hot Wheels, and they would smoke your wood cars. :blaugh2:

Oooh. Might have time this year! Are they planning on having the new LMP2 cars there, too?

I heard they crashed one last week.. :fp:

Toolman
01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
I'll be there! I just sent Chad an email!

kabel
01-14-2014, 04:19 PM
update:

John Doonan at Mazda has confirmed attendance of Sylvain Tremblay, Tom Long, Joel Miller, Tristan Nunez and Tristan Vautier along with the completely new Mazda SKYACTIV-D Prototype race car. Glen Long has also confirmed attendance of the Freedom Autosport Continental Tire Challenge Team. All of this in addition to cars 5X, Sure and other independent Mazda racers will bring.

Bring your magic markers and items to be autographed, and don’t forget your camera. As usual, we have no idea what the weather will bring, so, we are preparing with outdoor heaters to try to keep everyone as warm as possible if it cools-off.

We have also invited the Scouts! They are bringing a Pine Wood Derby track and having a time trial. Due to the fact many of our Mazda Racers and Mazda Executives refuse to grow up, we asked the Scouts to bring a second Pine Wood Derby track. John has challenged the team owners, race drivers and our customers to build or dust-off their old Pine Wood Derby cars and bring them to the event, make a $10 donation to Boy Scouts of America and race! If you have your old Pine Wood car or youngster who would like to race, tell them to bring it on! You can purchase a pinewood kit online, at Hobby Lobby or in our parts department for $4.99. For a $10 donation to Boy Scouts of America you will be allowed to compete all night and the donation goes to great cause.

Come early, stay late and most of all have fun.

Thank you for your support of Classic Mazda, Mazda Motorsport and from all of our employees & families!

Chad Rogers
General Manager
Classic Mazda
Buy Smart – Be Happy

Thumper13
01-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Only downhill racing cars I have are Modified Hot Wheels, and they would smoke your wood cars. :blaugh2:

I heard they crashed one last week.. :fp:

Did they crash one the DP LMP car like above or one of their new LMP 2 LeMans cars. Mazda is supposed to be racing 2 open cock pit LeMans P2 in Europe as well as the 07 and 70 in the Tudor/IMSA series over here.

Phatmiata
01-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Fred I will be at this event are you going? Let's chat about Daytona stuff :whistle:

Thumper13
01-15-2014, 08:30 PM
OK................why do they make this so late,I get home past my bed time. You guys know the nursing home locks the doors at 9:00