PDA

View Full Version : Soft top rear window

Mustang73351
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Ok so I was just wondering if there was a glass back window option for the 90 miata also what is involved in adding headrest speakers don't want to take my seats apat go no reason

tsingson
01-11-2014, 01:22 PM
It looks like you accidentally posted this twice. I will delete the other thread.

The glass rear window for the 90 is most likely an aftermarket top. Robbins probably has this top.

As far as adding headrest speakers, you would have to take apart the seat and cut out some of your foam to mount the speaker to the seat.

Mustang73351
01-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Yea my top is in good shape I think I will just have my uncle put new plastic in it when I go out to rhode island he dose boat Bimini s so I can get it done cheepish

Phatmiata
01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Ok so I was just wondering if there was a glass back window option for the 90 miata also what is involved in adding headrest speakers don't want to take my seats apat go no reason

You can order the glass tops from most of our vendors, here is one that is hardglass window from Rspeed
http://www.rspeed.net/Miata_Convertible_Top_Glass_Zip_for_NA_1990_1997_p/na0054102gt.htm

http://cdn3.volusion.com/gcme7.tr5v2/v/vspfiles/photos/NA0054102GT-2.jpg

The speakers in the headrest can be added very easy, there is a zipper in the headrest, and there should be a plug you can tap into very easily, some are even plug-N-play ready!

Try Project-G, or Rspeed for some factory or aftermarket headrest speakers

Mustang73351
01-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Is it possable to get just the panel so not to replace the whole top

JLBMX5
01-11-2014, 04:32 PM
I had a glass window top on my 93 Miata. one solid piece that did not zip out. Problem number 1 was it was a pain in the ass to retract the top the give you two straps to help but that third bow in the frame has to be adjusted by hand when you want to put the top down.best suggestion is get a 97 or newer frame to fix that issue. Problem number 2 was when I purchased a rollbar it was a bar with harness bar welded in so it was not going to work with a glass rear window top. I removed the glass top and installed a rear plastic window top along withmy roll bar. Now when its summer time I can just put the top down and not have to maneuver that third bow to get it to go down.

Dandy
01-12-2014, 05:16 PM
What is wrong with your plastic window? If it is just scratched or faded, a good buffing with a plastic polish will do wonders.

Headrest speakers can easily be added but honestly, I wouldn't bother. You can get better sound from a good set of door speakers. Add an amp and you will have all the power you need even with the top down.

Mustang73351
01-13-2014, 02:25 PM
So I checked it is fitted with headrest speakers bu the putter box is missing in the drivers seat

Phatmiata
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Any convertible shop company local to you can probably sew in a glass top for you. Or go to a Window and Door company and ask if they can cust you some glass the same shape and try to install it yourself.

Dandy
01-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Post some pictures. That will make it a lot easier to see what problem you are trying to solve.

Are you getting sound from the headrest speakers? Are they connected? Are they blown? The missing outer box may simply be an aftermarket speaker stuck in there. Any 3 1/2" speaker can be squeezed into the headrest.