PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Miata 93LE seat cover

mx54life
01-22-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400515727090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Does anyone here know or leads who may have bought these LE seat cover? I have email/called the seller but no response. I need to see pics of the installed product. Thanks in advance.

kung fu jesus
01-22-2014, 02:56 PM
The pics in that ebay listing show how poorly they fit. Honestly, for that kind of money, you can probably have yours recovered in a similar vinyl for a little more and it will be tailored way better.

Phatmiata
01-22-2014, 03:11 PM
There is another company that makes much better quality seats and they have a matching 93LE Red.

here is a link, they have all generation Miatas, and everyone that has used them has had only good things to say. Just let them know what color, and what year seat you have.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=380824396109&_osacat=0&hash=item58aae7214d&vxp=mtr&_ssn=leatherseats.com&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmiata&_nkw=miata&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Here are some 1995 Miata M-Edition Seats they did in the 1993 LE Red Seats color.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/$T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p6uCBQEwtCnGrg~~60_57.JPG

Blueiii
01-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Those are smexy.....

mx54life
01-22-2014, 04:09 PM
There is another company that makes much better quality seats and they have a matching 93LE Red.

here is a link, they have all generation Miatas, and everyone that has used them has had only good things to say. Just let them know what color, and what year seat you have.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=380824396109&_osacat=0&hash=item58aae7214d&vxp=mtr&_ssn=leatherseats.com&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmiata&_nkw=miata&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Here are some 1995 Miata M-Edition Seats they did in the 1993 LE Red Seats color.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE2MDA=/$T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p6uCBQEwtCnGrg~~60_57.JPG

Thank you for the leads guys.

I have look into this but my concern is that color. They have sent me a swatch of their "ecstacy cobalt red" that apparently is the one they use on these sets and they are no close to the factory color. So the pic is quite deceiving. If I can see these actual seats in an LE and they look close I will pull the trigger on this. They even have no pics of these seats installed :-(

93miatale
01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Lots of people in the Le group have these and have had no problems. They do match. You have to ask for Le red.

Phatmiata
01-22-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't recall the name of what the 93LE red best matchs, I will see if Frank can chime on about which color red he used on his.

93miatale
01-22-2014, 04:19 PM
They also make them in vinyl leather look and they are only 220$

93miatale
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Scarlet red is the color that matches the Le interior and that's from Chris hill that restored a Le interior to 10/10 condition

mx54life
01-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Scarlet red is the color that matches the Le interior and that's from Chris hill that restored a Le interior to 10/10 condition

Is that "scarlet red" from the Ebay seller or is that from your source on your project build?

mx54life
01-22-2014, 04:27 PM
I don't recall the name of what the 93LE red best matchs, I will see if Frank can chime on about which color red he used on his.

Thanks I would greatly appreciate it. Some pics of these installed would be perfect. I would have bought these long time ago if I they can prove in pics that the color matches. I do like their design which will match my Zoom console.

Dandy
01-22-2014, 06:01 PM
I have the skins pictured in Phat's post from leatherseats.com. The color is indeed "ecstasy cobalt red." It is a very good color match. It is hard to get all your reds to match perfectly - vinyls, plastics, leathers, and carpets. Different materials, sunlight, and 20+ years of aging will have that affect. I think all of my reds blend well as a whole with no glaring differences.

However the skins shown in the picture are designed to be fitted to 95M (adjustable headrest) seats. They will not work with with standard NA seats like those in the 93LE. These are the seats that Medition (Frank) had specifically designed by leatherseats.com and they are a very $$$ one-off design. The quality is excellent. I don't have mine installed yet but here is a link to another member's (gruenthebox) build thread that has installed them: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6505-Watch-me-desecrate-a-93-LE-(deLEted-)&p=97758&viewfull=1#post97758

What bothers me about the ebay seat covers in the OP is that their pictures are not consistent. The inserts on the seats with the "limited edition" stitching don't appear to be leather. I would really want to be sure I knew what I was getting before I forked over any dinero. If you are patient, there is always a chance that a pair of pretty good condition original 93LE seats will pop up in the classifieds before too long.:whistle:

mx54life
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
I have the skins pictured in Phat's post from leatherseats.com. The color is indeed "ecstasy cobalt red." It is a very good color match. It is hard to get all your reds to match perfectly - vinyls, plastics, leathers, and carpets. Different materials, sunlight, and 20+ years of aging will have that affect. I think all of my reds blend well as a whole with no glaring differences.

However the skins shown in the picture are designed to be fitted to 95M (adjustable headrest) seats. They will not work with with standard NA seats like those in the 93LE. These are the seats that Medition (Frank) had specifically designed by leatherseats.com and they are a very $$$ one-off design. The quality is excellent. I don't have mine installed yet but here is a link to another member's (gruenthebox) build thread that has installed them: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?6505-Watch-me-desecrate-a-93-LE-(deLEted-)&p=97758&viewfull=1#post97758

What bothers me about the ebay seat covers in the OP is that their pictures are not consistent. The inserts on the seats with the "limited edition" stitching don't appear to be leather. I would really want to be sure I knew what I was getting before I forked over any dinero. If you are patient, there is always a chance that a pair of pretty good condition original 93LE seats will pop up in the classifieds before too long.:whistle:

The seats are awesome and the quality is superb. I wish he can send me pics of those seats in the car with the door panels. I can live with slight color variation. I do have an 95 M-edition seats that is why I am also considering this. My only concern is that the swatch they send me of the "ecstacy cobalt" is not close to what I'm seeing in the pics such as this. That is why I really need to see the seats in the car. BTW thanks for bringing an inch closer to throw $1400 on this pair lol.

Also any leads on a good pair of OEM LE seats?

Dandy
01-22-2014, 08:17 PM
I haven't noticed gruenthebox around for awhile but maybe if you send him a pm or post a question on his build thread he'll respond. I imagine the seats are in his car by now and he may have some pictures. You can see by his thread that the fit is really good.

I can tell you that the swatch color is the true color. I have the skins and the swatch matches. I've had them against my original 93LE seats and can vouch that the color is a pretty close match. I know what you mean about the pictures. The lighting can be deceiving. I'll see if I can get a picture of the skins against my seats in the car in the next day or two.

Leatherseats.com was really good to work with too. They were straight forward and helpful when I spoke to them on the phone. I asked for and they sent about a foot of extra material that I plan to use for door pull straps.

My OEM LE seats will be available sometime in the next couple of months after I get the new skins on the 95M seats. The passenger seat is near perfect. The drivers seat does have some bolster wear but it can be repaired for a lot less than the cost of new skins. I haven't been putting much seat time in lately so it hasn't been a priority for me. Of course I'm down here on this east coast peninsula and you're all the way over on the west coast so shipping bulky items like seats is not going to be greenback friendly.

Phatmiata
01-22-2014, 10:34 PM
I am still debating on if I will build this 93LE, or gathering parts from other 93LEs and making a car to my taste. I would hate to cut the fenders and do a widebody on this current 93LE since it has only 9800 miles. :teehee:

Dandy, let me know if you wanna sell your seats, :whistle: I still need complete 93LE seats, dash, and door panels.

Dandy
01-22-2014, 11:42 PM
I am still debating on if I will build this 93LE, or gathering parts from other 93LEs and making a car to my taste. I would hate to cut the fenders and do a widebody on this current 93LE since it has only 9800 miles. :teehee:

Dandy, let me know if you wanna sell your seats, :whistle: I still need complete 93LE seats, dash, and door panels.

I probably will sell my seats, Phat. My engine swap plans are getting a little more concrete. When that happens there will be no turning back, so it should be easier to let things go.

I didn't realize you still needed parts. I thought you had three of everything by now:lol:. I really like your idea of the silver NA wide-body. The Photoshop that Jimmy Vee did is one of my favorites. I'm rooting for that one.

Hammerhead
01-22-2014, 11:42 PM
I have another set of LE seats that I will be recovering soon. I can't wait until that gets done!

Dandy
01-22-2014, 11:44 PM
I have another set of LE seats that I will be recovering soon. I can't wait until that gets done!

Show-off!:mrgreen:

mx54life
01-22-2014, 11:53 PM
I haven't noticed gruenthebox around for awhile but maybe if you send him a pm or post a question on his build thread he'll respond. I imagine the seats are in his car by now and he may have some pictures. You can see by his thread that the fit is really good.

I can tell you that the swatch color is the true color. I have the skins and the swatch matches. I've had them against my original 93LE seats and can vouch that the color is a pretty close match. I know what you mean about the pictures. The lighting can be deceiving. I'll see if I can get a picture of the skins against my seats in the car in the next day or two.

Leatherseats.com was really good to work with too. They were straight forward and helpful when I spoke to them on the phone. I asked for and they sent about a foot of extra material that I plan to use for door pull straps.

My OEM LE seats will be available sometime in the next couple of months after I get the new skins on the 95M seats. The passenger seat is near perfect. The drivers seat does have some bolster wear but it can be repaired for a lot less than the cost of new skins. I haven't been putting much seat time in lately so it hasn't been a priority for me. Of course I'm down here on this east coast peninsula and you're all the way over on the west coast so shipping bulky items like seats is not going to be greenback friendly.

I would be glad to take the seats if the shipping wont kill the excitement.

Hammerhead
01-23-2014, 12:46 AM
LOL! If you could see them, there's nothing to brag about. They are tore the hell up.

Phatmiata
01-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I probably will sell my seats, Phat. My engine swap plans are getting a little more concrete. When that happens there will be no turning back, so it should be easier to let things go.

I didn't realize you still needed parts. I thought you had three of everything by now:lol:. I really like your idea of the silver NA wide-body. The Photoshop that Jimmy Vee did is one of my favorites. I'm rooting for that one.

I do sorta, but different colors, LOL. I have complete NA6 Interior in Tan, and Black both in great shape, but for the 93LE parts all I have is the carpet, seat belts, and seat belt trim panels. I can have Nakamae create complete doors but that is big bucks, Im trying to save some money ya know. :bow:

Dandy
01-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I do sorta, but different colors, LOL. I have complete NA6 Interior in Tan, and Black both in great shape, but for the 93LE parts all I have is the carpet, seat belts, and seat belt trim panels. I can have Nakamae create complete doors but that is big bucks, Im trying to save some money ya know. :bow:

Dude, you could always just make up your mind and sell or trade some of your stash (cars, parts, hot wheels, etc.), stop paying rent on your multiple warehouses, or start charging admission and let all the geeks in to admire your collections. :teehee: With your profits you could pay someone to build a car to match your vision, not have to devote your time away from other interests and responsibilities, and truly have a one of a kind masterpiece. Done right on the right platform and that car could end up exceeding the value of the LE that doesn't get driven in order to keep the odometer under 10k. I say go silver before you turn silver.:lol:

Of course this advice comes from a guy who continues to buy stuff but moves slower than a snail when it comes to the actual build. I just really want to see the silver NA that I've seen photoshopped come to life.

John J
01-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Phat giving up buying parts would be equal to a lifetime addict not using drugs if locked behind the pharmacy counter.

Phatmiata
01-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Phat giving up buying parts would be equal to a lifetime addict not using drugs if locked behind the pharmacy counter.

John knows my habit very well................ :teehee:

mx54life
01-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Dude, you could always just make up your mind and sell or trade some of your stash (cars, parts, hot wheels, etc.), stop paying rent on your multiple warehouses, or start charging admission and let all the geeks in to admire your collections. :teehee: With your profits you could pay someone to build a car to match your vision, not have to devote your time away from other interests and responsibilities, and truly have a one of a kind masterpiece. Done right on the right platform and that car could end up exceeding the value of the LE that doesn't get driven in order to keep the odometer under 10k. I say go silver before you turn silver.:lol:

Of course this advice comes from a guy who continues to buy stuff but moves slower than a snail when it comes to the actual build. I just really want to see the silver NA that I've seen photoshopped come to life.

Ha Ha Ha the guilty pleasures of life. It's the travel not the destination. I'm no where close to what you guys have accomplished but don't we all have the same needs at a different level? I started with a project 1994 then got another supercharged 1994 then another 1995 rolling shell all white miatas. Along with a stash of got to have miata stuff....a complete Tan interior for a planned BRG build and now a complete Red interior (thanks to 93miatale, door cards where the last missing pieces) for a planned LE build. Depending on which seat I get done first on either of the m-edition seats then that build will take off. LOL how did I get here I ask myself earlier well the sequence of events.....sold the 2002 s2000, sold the 2006 NC, stopped smoking, eliminated gambling, stopped the pointless travel vacations, lessened eating out and then the grandiose vice of them all started.....miata building lol. Anyways I'm much healthier, poorer but happier. Hah am I?

Hammerhead
01-23-2014, 02:43 PM
John knows my habit very well................ :teehee:

Indeed I do. Sometimes, Phatty even pimps out some parts to me.

Phatmiata
01-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Indeed I do. Sometimes, Phatty even pimps out some parts to me.

together we can cure this parts addiction, I just know it!! :teehee:

mx54life
01-23-2014, 04:18 PM

Yes infect me with some of your miata virus maybe I can form some antibodies for it while I enjoy the rarity of it. Too bad I missed out on those sexy nakamae red seats lol.the question is can u stand that other people are sicker than you? Lol

Hammerhead
01-23-2014, 05:32 PM

I don't want to be cured. I appreciate you enabling my JDM parts habit. In fact, I only seeing my addiction becoming more rampant in the coming months. I've sold much of what I had squirreled away and now I need to restock and overstock.

Is two Nielex tombstones too many?

mx54life
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Ok how about this pair here are these from leatherseat.com too?

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a578/ebaradas/8720205115_9903abcc80_zps3d3ab16e.jpg (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/ebaradas/media/8720205115_9903abcc80_zps3d3ab16e.jpg.html)

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a578/ebaradas/5b25dd5752b3b426416247ae2a295632_zpsb21fb028.jpg (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/ebaradas/media/5b25dd5752b3b426416247ae2a295632_zpsb21fb028.jpg.h tml)

I believe this is the "pandora build'. I contacted the OP but no response. Any one in the know?

Martin
01-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Is that cxmoney's Pandora? He has Nakamae slip-on covers converted to real upholstery.

Dandy
01-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Pandora is Cxmoney's build. He checks in from time to time. If that is his car, and I think it is, then those are Nakamae seat covers imported from Japan. He didn't seem to be real happy with them at first, but after taking them to an upholsterer for proper fitting, I think he is pleased. His car photographs well.

Edit: Looks like Martin beat me to it.

mx54life
01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Pandora is Cxmoney's build. He checks in from time to time. If that is his car, and I think it is, then those are Nakamae seat covers imported from Japan. He didn't seem to be real happy with them at first, but after taking them to an upholsterer for proper fitting, I think he is pleased. His car photographs well.

Edit: Looks like Martin beat me to it.
Who sells this? Is that vinyl seat covers? The color look very identical. Or is that photography as you indicated.

Dandy
01-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Who sells this? Is that vinyl seat covers? The color look very identical. Or is that photography as you indicated.

I think the material is a synthetic of some sort. Nakamae products are pretty high quality, however. There is a link to the Nakamae site in this thread: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?4219-A-Z-of-Japans-Roadster-Tuners&p=65341&viewfull=1#p

Several MRnet sponsors offer Nakamae products and can help you get any Nakamae product even if they don't specifically list it. Cxmoney is the only one that I am aware of that has those seat covers so they may not be in immediate stock and sometimes limited demand items are discontinued.

I think they are a good match but I have never seen them in person. Depending on the light, exposure, etc. the reds can be very deceiving in photos. If you can talk to someone that has seen them in person, then you can feel more comfortable.

mx54life
01-24-2014, 12:37 AM
I think the material is a synthetic of some sort. Nakamae products are pretty high quality, however. There is a link to the Nakamae site in this thread: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?4219-A-Z-of-Japans-Roadster-Tuners&p=65341&viewfull=1#p

Several MRnet sponsors offer Nakamae products and can help you get any Nakamae product even if they don't specifically list it. Cxmoney is the only one that I am aware of that has those seat covers so they may not be in immediate stock and sometimes limited demand items are discontinued.

I think they are a good match but I have never seen them in person. Depending on the light, exposure, etc. the reds can be very deceiving in photos. If you can talk to someone that has seen them in person, then you can feel more comfortable.

Thanks again. I'm glad I have brought this out as I look at these seat covers the more the good quality covers stands out. I'm now convince of the leatherseat.com build quality and now just the color match dilemma. I know that the tan leather is much easier to match but the exclusivity of the LE makes me hang on to it. But without a good matching seat I will more likely lean towards the tan and just sell my red stash.

Cxmoney
01-24-2014, 05:29 AM
My red seats match my red interior perfectly. It helps to have more nakamae items that match as well. The center console from zoom is *slightly* a different shade of red, but only really noticeable in direct sunlight and if you are looking for it. The seat covers are indeed slip ons from nakamae, but I hated them being just covers. After an upholstery shop converted them to the legit upholstery, I had them tighten the covers and all, and I am quite pleased with the turnout. Eventually I will probably be going with some lotus seats recovered in the nakamae red material ive got stashed away though, for a more retro styled look.

kung fu jesus
01-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Don't underestimate the upholstery shops in your area, especially those of you located in California. Been in furniture/upholstery for a while as part of my career, some of the_best ulpholstery craftsmen I have met were Latino. It is a generational skill passed along that is lost in many cultures.

mx54life
01-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't underestimate the upholstery shops in your area, especially those of you located in California. Been in furniture/upholstery for a while as part of my career, some of the_best ulpholstery craftsmen I have met were Latino. It is a generational skill passed along that is lost in many cultures.

Thanks, but would they be able to source a good material?

mx54life
01-24-2014, 09:27 AM
My red seats match my red interior perfectly. It helps to have more nakamae items that match as well. The center console from zoom is *slightly* a different shade of red, but only really noticeable in direct sunlight and if you are looking for it. The seat covers are indeed slip ons from nakamae, but I hated them being just covers. After an upholstery shop converted them to the legit upholstery, I had them tighten the covers and all, and I am quite pleased with the turnout. Eventually I will probably be going with some lotus seats recovered in the nakamae red material ive got stashed away though, for a more retro styled look.

Thank you that is good to know. Where and how did you source the "nakamae red material" from? How did it cost you?

medition
01-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Phat asked me to chime in and answer some questions regarding leatherseats.com, the color correctness, and so on. I'm happy to oblige.

The story, so that there is some historical reference here, is that I decided to upholster a set of '95 M edition seats about 7 years ago to a color as close to the LE red as possible. I trolled around for a while, and finally found a company willing to do what I wanted. I put together a group buy through miata.net, and me and perhaps 6 other people were able to take advantage of some discounted pricing on leatherseats.com product. They allowed us to get a discount on any seat cover, some people got the M seat covers. I scoured leather suppliers to see who had a perfect matching leather, and found that Spinneybeck did. The color match was done against a '93 LE that I had at the time, a perfect 5k mile LE. The seats and every piece in or outside of the car were as new. So, the comparison was accurate. The leather that leatherseats.com had was very close to the Spinneybeck, and was called Carmine red. A gentleman by the name of Eric was my contact there in 2007. If he is still there, he would be the one to talk to.

Here is a link to the original thread: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=270736

So, I decided to go with the carmine red that leatherseats.com had in stock, as it was ver close in color to the Spinneybeck, and was FAR lower in cost. Spinneybeck is what high end furniture makers like Herman Miller use on there highest end lines. Check out there website to see what I mean.

Here is a link to the next thread that discusses the results: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=277724

Since then, I have put these seats in many different NA's, and absolutely love them. They make every car look richer, the smell is to die for, and the cost was well worth it. The cost is always going to be an issue, but I had mine made in all leather, they are expensive, but again, they make the car. Here is one car that they were in, to put some perspective to them.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=307653

Like I said, they were in many of my cars, I have a final car that I want to build, so I am looking for the proper candidate. If anyone has questions, feel free to PM or post here, thanks.

Last thing, you may notice some fighting in one of the threads. I have been through many of those on miata.net. The guys over there are sometimes netnasty for no real discernible reason. This is a much calmer place to be. Hope I helped.

mx54life
01-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Thank you Frank for the clarification on how challenging this project is. Indeed Mazda had their reason to make this LE edition so limited and now safe to call true collectible as the challenges in putting one together will take some time. The "Carmine Red" is no longer available and now has been replaced by "Ecstasy Cobalt Red". Quality is definitely there for the Leatherseat.com seat cover. But as you indicated the better half of the difficulty is finding the acceptable material to work with. Since Mazda ordered this leather and vinyl base on their planned 3000 LE build is was prolly an easy search for them. Someone can please send them a nasty grrr... note for the torment they brought about LOL.

Phatmiata
01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
The Nakamae LE Red was a dead on match for my 93LE interior, but as I stated before, it is VERY expensive.

Here is a photo of my old miata, here is the Nakamae Seats, Nakamae Center Console, Nakamae Brake Boot, Nakamae Shifter Boot, and the Door Cards had been custom made by Nakamae as well

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3206/2978565951_63813cc491_z.jpg?zz=1

Dandy
01-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Much thanks medition! Our little clubhouse here at MRnet gets better all the time with quality posts and the helpful, nonjudgmental attitudes of those who play here.

You may have the only seats done in the Carmine Red leather. I thought mine were of the same color but as mx54life pointed out, Ecstasy Cobalt Red is the color that leatherseats.com markets now as the match to the 93LE. It is just the color family and basic M-edition seat design that our seat leathers share. The leather used in my seat skins is not smooth but grainy and the stitching on my seat inserts is not the factory original panel design but the stitching is closer together (the close together stitching is something that appealed to me). The skins are very nicely padded so I expect that they will be very comfortable to sit upon. I think I have a hybrid design that is closer to the lotus (stitching) style seats that someone had done a while back but I don't remember who that was off the top of my head.

Here is a pic of an uninstalled skin (top) laid against the OEM LE seat (see bottom):
http://s30.postimg.org/ivi0uerbl/IMG_0291.jpg

The skin is a little more red than burgundy as this pic shows but this pic is showing more contrast than I thought there was when looking in person. They match the Nakamae leather seatbelt stalks that I have almost perfectly. As I mentioned before, it is hard to have all your reds match exactly when you have many different materials used in the interior. I'm comfortable as long as there are no glaring differences when the interior is looked at as a whole.

mx54life
01-24-2014, 02:15 PM
The Nakamae LE Red was a dead on match for my 93LE interior, but as I stated before, it is VERY expensive.

Here is a photo of my old miata, here is the Nakamae Seats, Nakamae Center Console, Nakamae Brake Boot, Nakamae Shifter Boot, and the Door Cards had been custom made by Nakamae as well

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3206/2978565951_63813cc491_z.jpg?zz=1

Waaa...why was she dismantled? She is gorgeous sire.

mx54life
01-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks again guys. I put them all info and pics in a thread so it'll be easier to search in the future.

jux
01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
If we want to see the leatherseats.com skins on another set of 95 M seats, take a look at what went into Phat's car via the next owner. A hunt for "Rooster" should yield the results you want.

I have a set of the Carmine leather skins, but they're stored away at the moment.

The skins from leatherseats.com, at least in the three examples I've seen installed by the owners, tend to gather a bit in certain spots. Not a big deal, really.

They do offer installation if you ship the seats to them like Frank did. The install cost isn't prohibitive...or wasn't several years ago.

BoBo
01-24-2014, 11:36 PM

+1 on Leatherseats.com, this company is good quality. I used it on a few of my previous cars. They do just about any car.

mx54life
01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Leatherseat.com swatch match.....old LE door panel.

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a578/ebaradas/securedownload_zps42356a35.jpeg (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/ebaradas/media/securedownload_zps42356a35.jpeg.html)

phinz
12-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Question: Their website is not showing Carmine Red or Cobalt Red in the Ecstasy line now. Does anybody have any updates on this? The bolster on my driver's seat is worn all the way through and I'd like to fix this before it splits.

Phatmiata
12-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Maybe send them an email, it is probably still available, maybe just a special order?

medition
01-20-2015, 09:05 AM
This is a message to everyone that has '93 LE seats with leather issues. If you have the money, and have an upholsterer that you swear by, you can buy the exact color leather of the OE color, in a far better grade of leather from Spinneybeck. They sell entire skins if you want. 8 years ago, when I put together the group buy from leatherseats.com for the '95 m-edition seats, I checked all swatches carefully. I don't remember the Spinneybeck color, but I have written about it before. Carmine red from leatherseats.com was nearly identical, but the Spinneybeck was exact! I went with Carmine red because of cost. The skins from Spinneybeck are expensive, come in different grades, and some are without grain; whoever has the money can create the nicest leather seats in North America if they want.

Phatmiata
01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
good to know! thanks given !

Hammerhead
01-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Just went to Spinneybeck's website, so now I need to get the correct color number.