PDA

View Full Version : Manny's Pinata!

Neocataboi
01-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey guys,

My car was hit today, and from what i can tell the damage was only to the front of the car, like my bumper and my licence plate holder. the Girl who hit me works with me, but doesn't own the car. the owner of the car is her boyfriends brother, who so happens to work with me, and is also named Manny (go figure).

My dilemma is that i dont think she might be covered under his insurance because she lives in the same house hold. She (when she confessed, after i found out though the security cameras at work anyways) she mentioned she didn't want the other Manny to know of what happened and told me that she would just pay for the damage out right.

My dilemma is, her car is on film hitting my car and taking off, i was going to file for a hit and run, but she confessed before i did so. it happened on company property, so there was a formal complaint issued, and video noted. my thing is that i would prefer this be covered by insurance somehow, i don't want to have to struggle with this and have to deal with fixing it on my own. she didn't have any of the cars insurance info with her either. -_-. So i was wondering if i can go up to Manny and ask him for his insurance info and file a claim? Or, Should i issue one though my insurance, and present them with the info that points to her doing the damage; her getting into the car and then hitting mine.

the last option is to have her cover for the damage herself, i told her the only thing i knew that was messed up for sure was the bumper(because the clips that held it in place broke), replacing just the bumper is a ~400 deal, she even wanted to try and "do it her self, (OMG!) because she likes arts and crafts". if i do decide that it is okay for her to get me a new bumper and have it painted at a shop, what should i do so she keeps her end of the deal, i dont want to make this a her word against mine type of thing. Because i work with both of them on my team, i don't want it to end badly, i just want my car fixed. If i have her sign a "contact" agreeing to her repairing the damage would it hold up? or should i not risk it an go straight to the insurance.

Right now, i am out to removing my bumper completely, and going to try and fix my fender(it got pushed in slightly, and presses up against the tire).

Any advise is appreciated. i needed to clear my mind with this.

thanks again guys, i would post a PIX, but i cant yet. my phone doesn't connect to a PC, and Jo hasn't got home from work yet.

kung fu jesus
01-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Manny,

Price out the work at the shop of your choosing, a professional estimate. Write up a contract stating she will provide the money (cash) immediately. Write out the stipulations of non-payment force you to file a police report and go through the insurance of the owner of the car, this is how it would be handled anyways. I would tell Manny, too. It's HIS car. I would tell him what happened, what you want her to do, and what his role is if she doesn't. Hold your ground.

Point is, she caused the damage and is on record for causing it. Did you see the video? Did she stop, get out and look at the car? That shows she caused the damage knowingly and only confessed when confronted. She has no leg to stand on in this. Your personal property, which she damaged, isn't hers to negotiate how it is repaired.

She can pay to have the work done AS YOU WANT IT, or face the recourse of you going through small claims, insurance, potential job loss, civil infractions, etc. The police probably won't do anything since it happened on private property.

RoTArYRooKiE
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM
damn Steve, knowledge...

also remind her how her bad driving has inconvenienced you and that you're not also going for that. was this the 3 or the NA?

kung fu jesus
01-09-2012, 01:04 AM
As for trouble in the workplace? This is how adults handle their business; you take responsibilty, make restitution and move on. Consequences of your actions demand maturity.

VagaXt
01-09-2012, 02:48 AM
What?!? NOOOO!!

thedguy
01-09-2012, 03:32 AM
I would definitely just go with Steve on this. Sounds like you've been in that situation before!

I'd worry she wouldn't follow through with paying since she only admitted to doing anything after she was pretty much busted on camera.

Neocataboi
01-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the advice Steve, i'll go get some estimates on Weds and then see what they both want to do from there. I'm planning on talking to Manny tomm, he loved his car just as much as i do mine, so i could relate to how he feels about this.

Unfortunately, i did not get to see the video, but i have the information that LP and security gave me, and they mentioned they can give me the video if necessary, but at that point the police would need to be involved, as it is an LP issue of some sort.

With that said, i removed the bumper and raised my car a good 2in in the front and removed the bumper. I am now riding on a reverse rake because i ran short on time to adjuct the rear, plus i didn;t want to adjust the toe on the rear. i went up the near by canyon read to see if i has any rubbing, and wow. lol. my car feels soo much better without riding on the bump stops. the bumps where soaked up and i didn't need to worry about things i had to before. i think i might go the mod slammed route from now on.

Hopfully this gets resolved rather quickly. because stuff like this sucks. -_-

Slidder
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear this happened Manny! I will also go with Steve on this.

Risingsun124
01-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I think I can offer a little more insight. Manny, check your pm.

Neocataboi
01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
^ thanks, replied!

Mexican_Guy
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
she its hot?

fuck the car, i will get laid for free the next copule of weeks xD

Neocataboi
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
she its hot?

fuck the car, i will get laid for free the next copule of weeks xD

-_- kinda not cool. But since you don't know me, i'll let this pass.

Mexican_Guy
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
i was just kidding... °...°?

EMMI
01-13-2012, 03:28 AM
foos married with 1 on the way! keep that shii on the DL! haha

paulsk
01-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Not to mention that his wife isn't some stranger to us either. If you know Manny, you also know his better half.

Neocataboi
01-15-2012, 01:16 PM
lol, good one seNor!