PDA

View Full Version : This will be my last thread...

curvingedge
02-13-2014, 01:27 PM
This will be posted in the three main forums I visit. M.net-CR.net-MR.net

Well guys, this is going to be the final thread from me. It seems the Miata will have to go. It is not under the authority of neither the wife nor my kid, but from me. I have been playing with the idea of selling the Miata for a while. November 6, 2010 is when my 2002 Sunlight Silver came into my life. I have owned her for quite some time. She had about 82k miles but now rocking 120k. Completely stock at first but just the way I wanted her for future mods. At present with too many mods to list, I will not bore you with the details.

She will be replaced by a 2013 MazdaSpeed 3. I have slowly fallen in love with this car. It is convenient, easy for my kid, has enough room, manual, and turbo!

I will deeply miss my 02 Miata so much but the good outweighs the bad. The decision came to me while she was parked while snowing here in Kansas City. Staring right back at me, she seemed sad that I wasn’t utilizing her. I hardly drove her but when I did, I got lots of enjoyment. Thoughts of not being practical and leaving her sit kept plaguing me. But for the car to help offset the Speed 3’s price tag really helps and as of right now, I don’t need 3 cars.

All I know is I can’t say this enough, I LOVE this forum! I have made friends that will last forever. From Miata meets/clubs that got to do a few laps around Sebring, All Florida Miata Meet 2011-2012, cruises from diner to beach, and developing the hatred for the mod bug. All I can say is that I love this forum and the people who put life into the Miata.

I know this will not be my last Miata, but it will be awhile before I come back. I really hope my advice through the years helped people. (Specifically the IAC bug) Can’t wait for the worldwide debut of the 2015 Miata! Maybe the ND will be my next Miata?

This is really hard to type out but I really do love you guys, community, and the cars. I wish you all the best and happy motoring.

This is curving_edge signing off. I will miss you all and God Bless.

-curv aka Derek

Martin
02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Hey, now! Selling your Miata is no reason to leave this place. We have quite a few members that don't presently own Miatas.

Phatmiata
02-13-2014, 01:42 PM
You know there are several of us on here that daily (OTMs) right? ★ smaeda ★ , Tungsten6, SM16RMSM, Sparky95, sdemo45, and I too daily drive a 2013 Mazdaspeed3, lots of room and torque like mad, its tons of fun.

I have 2 kids so I needed something to take them to school with. :shrug: You can always buy a miata later on, there is at least 900,000 produced, so you should be able to get one later no sweat.

Anyhow, don't be a stranger on here, you can post about your speed3 anytime, we love all Mazdas here.

WASABI
02-13-2014, 02:26 PM
THank you for your post. I feel that, one you have lived with a Miata for so long, there will always be a place in your heart devoted to it. You can put another Miata in that space somewhere down the road. Best of luck.

-Cheers,

Jim

The Driver
02-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Hey, now! Selling your Miata is no reason to leave this place. We have quite a few moderators/administrators that don't presently own Miatas.

Fixed :whistling:

Phatmiata
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Fixed :whistling:

Not me, I have 2 Miatas :fab:

The Driver
02-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Not me, I have 2 Miatas :fab:

I never specified who it was, oh Phat highness!

curvingedge
02-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Ah ha ha. Thanks guys. I will definitely be a lurker on the forum. And just because of the friendly invite, I'll just post up once in a while. I know I'll have a miata again, it'll just be a minute.

This is why I love this place. I have found that the speed forums are ALOT slower and filled with a bit more 'trolls'? meh...

Phatmiata
02-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Ah ha ha. Thanks guys. I will definitely be a lurker on the forum. And just because of the friendly invite, I'll just post up once in a while. I know I'll have a miata again, it'll just be a minute.

This is why I love this place. I have found that the speed forums are ALOT slower and filled with a bit more 'trolls'? meh...

Yeah I was lurking there for a couple weeks, not very friendly over there. :fp:

Dandy
02-13-2014, 04:51 PM

All the more reason to keep in touch. Many have sold a Miata and have bought another down the road (myself included). If you are thinking about an ND, I'm sure it will get a lot of discussion here once it is released (it gets a fair amount of attention now). People post about cars OTM (Other Than Miata) all the time and as Phat pointed out, there several Speed 3's.

Hey, now! Selling your Miata is no reason to leave this place. We have quite a few moderators/administrators that don't presently own Miatas.

We are even bow-tie friendly.:blaugh2:

WASABI
02-13-2014, 05:44 PM
Ah ha ha. Thanks guys. I will definitely be a lurker on the forum. And just because of the friendly invite, I'll just post up once in a while. I know I'll have a miata again, it'll just be a minute...

This is why I love this place.

Heck, you could still pick up a decent 1.6 NA for under $2000.00, and keep her as a side project.

BoBo
02-13-2014, 08:20 PM

+1 For sure, there's not a lot of cool forums like MR.net, most car forums out there will get on your nerves.

SM16RMSM
02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Technically, its not my Speed3 but I do get to drive it from time to time. The MSM is my daily. Besides, once you're in, you never leave here.

We might offer cookies and cream milkshakes for breakfast, but the adrenaline rush you get afterwards makes you wanna come back and have fun. The torque of a Speed3 can't replace the fun factor the Miata has overall, at lease in my opinion.

ZOOMX5
02-14-2014, 12:27 AM
You don't have to leave, and it would seem that everyone who has owned a Miata always buys another one day. I have been fortunate to have various daily cars during my 8 years of owning miatas. If it had to be my only car I would definitely have to sell it, especially if I had kids. Enjoy the Mazda3, and feel free to post a thread on here about the car. Most of us Miata people enjoy all sorts of other cars, and really enjoy looking at pictures of them even on specific car model forums.

mini_fd
02-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I hate you and I'm broken hearted. I'll never forgot our night together.

Blueiii
02-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Ummm... so, does this mean that because I also have a speed, I can't be on this forum?

jux
02-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Ummm... so, does this mean that because I also have a speed, I can't be on this forum?

There are plenty of us on this forum with Mazdaspeed cars. I think you'll be fine.
:D

curvingedge
02-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely post up the pics of the new ride. I'll miss the miata but kinda excited to see what will happen next. Thank you so much for all the positive support.

Agent☣Orange
02-16-2014, 09:35 PM

That's funny because throughout this whole thread, I was feeling the opposite. Maybe I was reading it wrongly.

Agent☣Orange
02-16-2014, 10:01 PM
I just have to add without say really is that you do not need to actually own a Miata in order to enjoy this site. Many of us members have owned a Miata but now drive something else and many more are MG, muscle car, Subie or Honda afficionados either here for nostalgia or testing the waters. We can't even guage the lurkers who outnumber members twofold.

What makes for a good forum IMO is a sense of community and personally, I don't think anyone draws motorheads together more than MR. Now I know everyone's first reaction is obvious but seriously, I'm not being a cheerleader, I really believe we are the most welcoming and even-handed car community out there.

I'm a member of other forums including the biggest Vette forum around but this is my home and to be honest, the amount of incomprehensible political hatred (including calls for physical violence), racism, sexism and homophobia wished upon by Vette owners, all of which I'm personally opposed to, makes me second guess my membership there. They're owned by Internet Brands just like CR so that automatically means wasteland.

Still, this place is not only a great Miata site but a great car enthuiast site and even after I fade into moderator/admin emeritus status, it's been a big part of my life I'll always look back on proudly.

/#crymeariver

tsingson
02-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Well said, AO. This is the place to be.

curvingedge
02-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Well, I am here to say.

LINK: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?8420-From-2002-Miata-to-2013-Speed3

curvingedge
02-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Well guys, the miata has been officially sold. She's gone. The buyer called my 2 hours later to just to 'thank' me and ask why I was selling such a fun ride. As we were talking, I heard the engine rev (VVT and all) and boy, I about cried... And I am at work!? I wrote him a letter and wanted to share with you all.

"Well, I am so excited for you. Please keep the adventures going for her. Take her everywhere, go for cruises, and the main thing, enjoy your family with it.

That car has been through a lot of great times. From the local cruises with other miatae. To driving on the sand on Daytona Beach. Also driving on an actual race track at Sebring. Remembering my wife and I building the subs together. Helping me with putting each part on... Painting the interior and cludder-ing up the living room. I always imagined taking the miata to the ice cream parlor with my daughter and thinking to the future of how my daughter and I would be wrenching on it.

Man, I am truly happy for you. I am going to break down and cry... God, please pray for me. But I know it's for the better. Better for me. Better for my family.

That miata will be SURLY MISSED! She has TONS of love, blood, and sweat in her. Keep it going bro... keep it going.

Happy motoring,"

So guys, I don't miss the car but I miss the memories. And just thinking about it makes the tears start...

-curv

The Driver
02-25-2014, 06:44 PM
^ Dude, that was profound!

WASABI
02-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Curve, life is a long and winding road. With such powerful memories of your car, I'm sure another Miata will find it's way into your life in the future.

And, when you get your next one, I'm sure you'll enjoy wrenching on it with your daughter... Daughters love roadsters!

http://www.fagerquist.com/miata/cherry/cb-21.jpg

curvingedge
02-26-2014, 12:49 AM
Curve, life is a long and winding road. With such powerful memories of your car, I'm sure another Miata will find it's way into your life in the future.

And, when you get your next one, I'm sure you'll enjoy wrenching on it with your daughter... Daughters love roadsters!

That is a awesome picture. I really can't wait. Thanks for all the dedication and love and I'll still be lurkin' around! :D

-curv