PDA

View Full Version : Answered Mazdaspeed3 Section or Other car section?

Blueiii
03-24-2014, 07:28 AM
On MazdaSpeedForums, there's actually a subforum for miata owners... maybe we could do the same? Have a subforum for those of us who might happen to have another mazda of some kind? (I'm pretty sure there are now 3 speed3 owners on the board, myself included.)

Phatmiata
03-24-2014, 09:29 AM
On MazdaSpeedForums, there's actually a subforum for miata owners... maybe we could do the same? Have a subforum for those of us who might happen to have another mazda of some kind? (I'm pretty sure there are now 3 speed3 owners on the board, myself included.)

well we do have the other than Miata builds section

Blueiii
curvingedge
shintaro
phatmiata
sparky95
sdemo45

who else?

Agent☣Orange
03-24-2014, 09:32 AM
We should have separate Mazda6 and Chevy sections too.

J/k

SM16RMSM
03-24-2014, 09:35 AM
I've got pics of my Camaro in the MSM build thread.

tsingson
03-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Kung Fu Jesus has a very thorough build thread going on. How can you forget that? I am actually going to start a build thread for my Expedition soon. Just trying to decide which way I am going to go with it.

Blueiii
03-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I was just thinking - maybe a "Other Mazda Builds" and "Other Non-Mazda Builds" section. Maybe its not necessary. While I've read through the e30 build (former e36 owner and loved that car!) I don't check the non-miata builds very often.

Phatmiata
03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't think we have enough "other builds" yet to support a subsection. Maybe when we get some more we can look into it.

Agent☣Orange
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
I think having an OTM section would probably generate more threads as opposed to waiting until we have enough to create a section.

Phatmiata
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
I think having an OTM section would probably generate more threads as opposed to waiting until we have enough to create a section.

ummmmmm...... we already do have an OTM section http://mazdaroadster.net/forumdisplay.php?75-OTHER-CAR-BUILDS

Agent☣Orange
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Yes but it's buried in TECH > DIY > Other car builds. I think it should be in Off Topic because many Miata folks have other interests/vehicles but aren't necessarily building them up as much as just wanting to show them off.

Phatmiata
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
If I moved it there would be no post count offered for Off-Topic posts. and it wont show in the recent top 10 posts :oops:

Phatmiata
03-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Sorry we derailed your thread, need to split this thread...........

MazRoadAdmin
03-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Too much subdivision of forums is just messy and doesn't improve anything.

I'd ditch the "other builds" section and just do one general "stuff about your OTM" section. We're a Miata forum. No need to get specific about anything else.

Agent☣Orange
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
If I moved it there would be no post count offered for Off-Topic posts. and it wont show in the recent top 10 posts :oops:
The post-count settings are actually per individual forum. For instance within OFF TOPIC resides Car Talk and Members Lounge. Car Talk can be set to allow posts to add to users' post count whereas that is disabled for Members Lounge.

Top Ten Stats can simply be set to include the OTM forum in its recent top ten.

Too much subdivision of forums is just messy and doesn't improve anything.

I'd ditch the "other builds" section and just do one general "stuff about your OTM" section. We're a Miata forum. No need to get specific about anything else.

I think we're along the same path. I just want to move the current "other builds" from obscurity up into OFF TOPIC and rename it OTM or something. I'm not too keen on subdividing further into formal Speed3, BMW, Chevrolet or whathaveyou forums.

Another oddball for me is MIATA GENERAL CHAT stuck down below the NA, NB, NC and ND. I think it should also be up in Off Topic with the other general chats.