PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate JDM dog pen.

Madaboutmx5s
04-15-2014, 10:53 AM
My latest Pitcrew MX5 now has the ultimate JDM dog pen following a 600 mile trip to the Welsh Valleys in the UK yesterday!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/image_zps290044e7.jpg

I have never seen another for sale in all my years of watching the mx5 scene here in the UK and given the lack of fresh import roadsters from Japan these days doubt one will appear again like this.

This is what it will look like fitted.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/PitcrewDemoCarJapan3_zps2b45d1e1.jpg

Mine also includes the chrome rear bumper.

This is my Pitcrew.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/image_zps1a38c598.jpg

which has this rear end at the moment.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/madaboutmx5s/image_zps50d1f72a.jpg

I like the rear end on it at the moment (many will prefer it) so the Pitcrew rear end wont go on in the immediate future. (lack of cash also plays a big part). There is some additions to be made to the existing look (alterna deck mounted trunk lid which is a part I really like) so will run this summer as is before I change to the Pitcrew rear when I have saved some cash.

Main reason for going for the Pitcrew rear is I like the look of them with the arches (hence how my Pitcrew sits) so the chance to finish this look at some stage like the Pitcrew racing demo car and creme while pitcrew in Japan led to this purchase.

atank
04-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Very Nice Find!!!!!!!!!!

mini_fd
04-15-2014, 11:00 AM
very nice. so does that mean your gv tails are up for sale?

Phatmiata
04-15-2014, 11:04 AM
awesome!!! So glad someone is doing the FULL kit!!! :slayer:

mini_fd
04-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Mazda roadster needs a title change to Classy MOTHA Facking Miatas

Phatmiata
04-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Mazda roadster needs a title change to Classy MOTHA Facking Miatas

That's the name on the "street" :teehee:

mini_fd
04-15-2014, 11:48 AM
or DapperMiatas.net sister site to MazdaRoadster.net

Madaboutmx5s
04-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Very Nice Find!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks I know you guys in the States do long distance driving as have family in Canada who travel miles. However 600 miles to the Welsh Valleys stretched my commitment to the mx5 cause! Man logic kicked in though and told me it was easier then going to Japan though!

very nice. so does that mean your gv tails are up for sale?

I may sell the GV panel or may keep back first and try on the corns as always wondered how that would look with a GV panel in black. Changes won't be instant as need to raise some cash to pay for paint, etc so will likely run the summer as is as want to see how the car looks with a shorty, Alterna racing trunk lid, etc.

awesome!!! So glad someone is doing the FULL kit!!! :slayer:

Thanks Randy. I tried talking myself out of buying the part as was a fair amount of money and the logistics of collecting but seeing the pitcrews in Japan with the arches, full conversion, etc persuaded me.

Phatmiata
04-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks Randy. I tried talking myself out of buying the part as was a fair amount of money and the logistics of collecting but seeing the pitcrews in Japan with the arches, full conversion, etc persuaded me.

Go all out, or go home!!! I love the pit crew front, but unless you have the rear end bumper to complete the conversion they just look funky and incomplete to me.

oldcafe
04-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Ha ha , congratulation for the rear end :D

smac
04-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Good stuff, nice to see a full pitcrew conversion for a change!
I'll happily buy that shorty rear bumper whenever you get around to fitting the pitcrew rear, be ideal for me as I wouldn't even have to paint it!

Cermivelli
04-19-2014, 11:27 AM
So you decided to go for it after all? Did you pay the asking price?

Madaboutmx5s
04-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Go all out, or go home!!! I love the pit crew front, but unless you have the rear end bumper to complete the conversion they just look funky and incomplete to me.

Whilst I love the shorty rear end with the garage vary rear lights and will run like this during the summer with the Alterna trunk lid had similar thoughts mate.

Ha ha , congratulation for the rear end :D

Using man maths talked myself into this Gianni.

Good stuff, nice to see a full pitcrew conversion for a change!
I'll happily buy that shorty rear bumper whenever you get around to fitting the pitcrew rear, be ideal for me as I wouldn't even have to paint it!

I keep you informed mate. I have one other interested person. Probably be towards the end of the summer I'd imagine I do the conversion when funds allow.

So you decided to go for it after all? Did you pay the asking price?

Thankfully not but still top end of what I thought it was worth.

Vegard
04-19-2014, 04:53 PM
This will be awesome! Does it come with a trunk?

Madaboutmx5s
04-20-2014, 12:36 AM
This will be awesome! Does it come with a trunk?

Yeah comes with the trunk part as well so will look like the black pitcrew car mentioned at the start mate.

For now though I am keen to get the Kanspo hardtop and Alterna Racing trunk lid back from the painters as (especially the trunk lid) am keen to see them fitted. (which should be next weekend).

Malibu Q
04-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Congratulations on securing the rear. It'll look awesome on the black car! Can't wait to see it.

Hyper
07-26-2014, 11:48 AM
put the alterna trunk lid and gv tailights on the silver car dude