PDA

View Full Version : Another VVT question

Art Summers
04-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Do any of you ever get a noise from the VVT ?? I have had my car since 2007 and the noise that I here from time to time seems to be getting worse . I thought it was the alternator Put on a new one and new belts. Next I did a timing belt change, all tensioner and spring , water pump . Still getting the noise something like a accessory belt But I'v changed them 3 or 4 times . The noise seems to be coming from the right side of the motor and the only thing left to change is something to do with the VVT . Any Ideas ??

Art Summers
04-22-2014, 03:12 PM
So no one knows any thing about VVT.

Phatmiata
04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
If its comming from your belts are you sure you don't have them on too tight? They will squeal like crazy if they are on too tight. Im a 1st gen owner, so don't know much about the VVT setup, what makes you think this is the problem though?

cabbageroll
04-22-2014, 05:32 PM
What kind of noise is? I know my 01 with vvt has a high pitch squeal at idle but that's kind-of normal in somewhat for miata. My brother and his friends miata have it too. Although ours are all associated with the sound going away if clutch is pressed. Might be throw-out bearing or something in tranny/clutch. You can also hear lifters and usually that means oil change. Worked for me.

Agent☣Orange
04-22-2014, 08:02 PM
So no one knows any thing about VVT.

A little harsh, don't you think?

Usually noises come from working parts like belts or fuel pump but I've never heard of a "VVT" noise.

Art Summers
04-27-2014, 04:57 PM
I have had belt Squeal and it is nothing like that . I'll try to see if I can get a sound track of it . It is kind of a gurgling Sound . Working the clutch don't make any difference . I have had a new clutch pilot bearing and pressure plate ., New alternator , And changed the timing belt tension and idlers pulleys , water pump . The noise is on the right side of the engine And I had the noise before I changed every thing .

DK AFFECT
04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Did you unplug the VVT solenoid and go for a drive?

kung fu jesus
04-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Video?

Art Summers
04-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Had the car out today and drove it all day and NO noise . I'll take it out tomorrow again .