PDA

View Full Version : Double up stock bump stops on my miata?

bosodoge
04-21-2014, 11:36 PM
So I know this might sound dumb but has any one used two oem bump stops on shocks before I mean like 2 on each shock? I have about a total of 12 and was wondering if anyone's ever done it and what it will do? And sorry I'm just a broke college student I can't afford FCM bump stops at the moment

fwdtamiya
04-21-2014, 11:47 PM
It will just make you "ride on bump stops" more often. Making the ride uncomfortable and less predictable. It's also probably bad for your shocks.

bosodoge
04-22-2014, 12:33 AM
Thank you for the advice, I was just curious. But it looks like I'll just have to start saving up for some bump stops

fwdtamiya
04-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Why are you saving money for bump stops? Save for shocks or...springs...coilovers?

MrPoy
04-22-2014, 12:49 AM
Since we are in the bump stop topic, I installed my bump stop the other way around (the rounded portion facing the top hat), would it be a problem?

Thanks in advance

Poy

Rogue
04-22-2014, 01:00 AM
I can't afford FCM bump stops at the moment
Then tough it out until you can….Don't short cut.
There are other options for bumps but FCM have done me well for nearly 10 years.
OEM bumps are too big already, adding another would give you no/zero travel.

bosodoge
04-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Why are you saving money for bump stops? Save for shocks or...springs...coilovers?

i already purchased a set of second hand Bilsteins but i wanted to find a way to make them last longer

wannafbody
04-22-2014, 08:34 AM
You can get bumpstops at ground Control for $12 each.

MazRoadAdmin
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Since we are in the bump stop topic, I installed my bump stop the other way around (the rounded portion facing the top hat), would it be a problem?

No.

Rogue
04-22-2014, 09:49 AM
….bilsteins but i wanted to find a way to make them last longer

Longevity is not an issue with Billies, not at all.

WASABI
04-22-2014, 03:33 PM
i already purchased a set of second hand bilsteins but i wanted to find a way to make them last longer

The more information you give us the better the answers will be. What Bilsteins did you get? Aftermarket HD?, NA (1993 or R-Package)?, or where they from the NB 1999+?

This comes into play for the top hats, and bump stops. Also what springs are you running? It might be better to upgrade your springs instead of your bump stops. Let us know... Pictures help too!

-Jim