PDA

View Full Version : Answered Tapatalk settings?

revlimiter
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
When I'm on the default page in tapatalk (most recent posts) and scroll to the end, it loads more topics. On this board, it loads ONE more post. On others, it loads an additional 10. Or 5 or 20. At least, more than 1. Could this please be increased? It takes a good while to get more posts out. Each refresh for 1 more post takes 5-10 seconds. Doesn't sound like a lot until you're doing it over and over.

HellaRareYellow
01-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I didn't notice this until I just tried it. Thanks for notifying!

Bump for resolution. :)

RotorNutFD3S
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Tried it, loaded 14 more topics for me. Can't tell you why though.

adamvanxxx
01-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Mine loads 14 more but it's the original ones I saw. Same thing if I do it again. Came here to post about it.

MazRoadAdmin
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I've verified the issue. (wouldn't really call it a problem, myself) But, there's nothing I can do about it. It may be happening on this forum vs. others because we are running the latest version of Tapatalk and they may not be. One thing I've noticed about Tapatalk is that they do a lot of updates, so if they view this as a problem, it will probably be fixed soon.

I can see pros and cons on this one. If you're on a really slow connection, loading an additional 20 posts could take a while and you might not want to commit to it. Loading a single post will tend to go pretty quickly on all but the slowest connection. I expect this was their angle when they changed it. "Keep the application as snappy as possible."

Regardless, there's nothing I can do. We're on the latest version, and there no options on our end related to the number of posts the application chooses to fetch. (it's probably determined by the app on your phone rather than the app on the server, FWIW)

Sorry, guys. If it keeps up and it really bugs you, contact Tapatalk. You paid them for the app, they should support it.

Skinny
01-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Can anyone using a tapatalk sig get instabanned? God that shit is annoying.

Sent from my laptop not using tapatalk as my iphone and myself are having disagrements.

HellaRareYellow
01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Even my "sent from my super sweet phone using my thumbs"? I love that sig. Lol