PDA

View Full Version : Review: Racing Beat Header 4 to 1

Andy
05-22-2014, 09:39 PM
I purchased a racing beat header 1.6 second hand from someone that used it for competition purposes. To my knowledge the item did not have that many miles on it. It is made of stainless steel and should not have issues with rust.

Installation was ok. It is just about as hard as any other header. My initial experience was that the exhaust noise was a little bit louder but not that much. At around 4,000 rpm's on my 1.6 engine the engine seemed to have a little more oomph that made it more fun to drive.

I do not have dyno figures, but considering the fun factor that it added to the car I would happily do it again. This is coming from a person that likes to keep their car mostly stock.

I will say make sure to use enough lubrication when removing the bolts holding on to the cat because one of my studs sheared off. I had to drill right through it and use a nut and bolt.

With all the dyne numbers out there and given the cost of the unit I would rate it a 9 out of 10. It is pretty hard to beat this design for a street car.

Here is a pic.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/02/8u2uzeta.jpg

Phatmiata
05-22-2014, 10:17 PM
One of my favorite headers right here!! +1

Dave737
05-23-2014, 01:53 AM
So this header can be a bolt on with no modification to the rest of the exhaust system?

BlitzWing
05-23-2014, 03:19 AM
I'm tempted to swap to one of these as the o2 Sensor is just past the collector rather then being in one of the runners so its perfect for placing a wideband. However I just dont want to ditch my Fujitsubo after the work I have put into it so my plans are currently to installing a bung in a spare cat I have sitting around. Given what I know now I'd of gone for one of these from the start just for east of use.

atank
05-23-2014, 05:10 AM
I will agree that this is a great header!!!

Andy
05-23-2014, 07:30 AM
So this header can be a bolt on with no modification to the rest of the exhaust system?

Exactly the setup I am currently running and I love it.