PDA

View Full Version : Big Brakes V8Roadsters Kit

V8Roadsters
05-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Further progress on the rear two piece brake setup. 10.750" rear to mate up with the 11.750" front.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/30/hybu3azy.jpg

The Driver
05-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Will this be part of a four corner/ lower priced kit, than your current offering?

Shandelle
05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Yes, and we are working on a bracket for stock sport rear rotors as well.

The Driver
05-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes, and we are working on a bracket for stock sport rear rotors as well.

Any word in estimated price? A ballpark figure will do. Why I'm I asking? A friend has an NB Mazdaspeed set for sale, and I'm about to pull the trigger, but if this set is 25-35% more expensive than the NB MS kit,, I'd rather wait.

Shandelle
06-02-2014, 07:58 AM
We are still about a month out on full production. Waiting on the prototype parking brake cables, to fit and finalize pricing. Pricing is expected to be in line with most other 4 wheel kits currently available. The two piece rear will be more cost effective than our current offering. The total rotor and hat weight is under 8lbs.

Phatmiata
06-02-2014, 08:18 AM
We are still about a month out on full production. Waiting on the prototype parking brake cables, to fit and finalize pricing. Pricing is expected to be in line with most other 4 wheel kits currently available. The two piece rear will be more cost effective than our current offering. The total rotor and hat weight is under 8lbs.

Sounds great!!! Thanks for the heads up!

Shandelle
06-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Front knocks roughly 8lbs off per corner over the factory sports. The rear two piece is almost 6lbs lighter per corner than the sports.

The Driver
06-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Front knocks roughly 8lbs off per corner over the factory sports. The rear two piece is almost 6lbs lighter per corner than the sports.

WOW!

John J
06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Shandelle, I am ready for the rear upgrade.

Slampen
06-04-2014, 03:22 AM
Will the parking break be as good as the original?

Pfunk
06-04-2014, 06:22 AM
If they are using the same approach as FM, and again, that's IF they are, then no way. I have the FM kit and the cable end broke off after a few weeks. FM is up front about this--it's not a real parking brake. FM is working on a $100 upcharge option that uses an NC cable (no matter if your car is NA or NB) but they're stuck waiting for a machine shop to make some pieces. Soon as they do I am on it. I'll be very interested to see what V8 does, and if it is the same or not.

Shandelle
06-04-2014, 08:43 AM
We have two different solution to test. Neither uses the small motorcycle style cables. The clamping force is less because of the caliper design and leverage points. For a true solid park brake a ball valve can be inserted in the area of the Ebrake handle(inline with the bais valve) and turned with pressure applied to the brake pedal. This is what we do in our track cars.

Andy
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
But with that proposed setup if you have a hydraulic issue then you lose all possible braking capability versus a traditional handbrake cable.

Pfunk
06-05-2014, 05:57 AM
That will also cause it to fail inspection where a non-hydraulic redundancy is required to pass vehicle inspections; I'm guessing, though, that's not a common concern for the target market?

Shandelle
06-05-2014, 02:58 PM
The ball valve method is what we use in our track cars that do not have cable hand brakes. The rear supply is routed in the tunnel and the bais adjuster and ball valve are installed in the hand brake area. Before this caliper there where no other compatible rear calipers for hand brake operation. There will be two versions of the kit, one with the cable hand brake for street use and a track version without the hand brake levers. The hand brake version will hold the car to a certain extent but not to the caliber of the OEM unit.

The Driver
06-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Any updates?

Shandelle
06-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Waiting on the hats and brackets from machining and plating. Hoping to have them after the holiday. The track version w/o park brake will be released first while we continue testing cable solutions.

The Driver
06-30-2014, 01:46 PM
Oh! I was hoping to see the street version, on it's full glory, before heading back to the North Pole by The Rockies! :(