PDA

View Full Version : Miatas at the Museum june 29, 2014

3MiataFamily
05-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Brought this over from another forum...for all of you Northeast guys...especially in the VT/NH/ME/MA area

Save the Date! - June 29, 2014
13th Annual Miata Day at the LARZ ANDERSON AUTO MUSEUM
Sponsered by the MASSACHUSETTS MIATA CLUB

Bring your stock or customized, daily driver or garage queen Miata to the largest Miata/MX5 Only event in the Northeast on the lawn of the beautiful Larz Anderson Museum of Transportation (MOT) in Brookline, MA.

Only Miatas will be parked on the lawn and displayed during our car day. Show off your Roadster to other Miata owners and to the general public. There will be classic Rock & Roll tunes played and plenty of time to check out the Best Selling Sports Car of all time.

The event is open to all Miata owners or anyone interested in the Miata / MX-5 - you do not need to be a Mass Miata Club member to attend or to display your Miata.

There will be trophies and door prizes. In recent years there have been well over 100 Miatas attending from throughout New England and the northeast.

This is not a concourse event, just the selection of Peoples Choice Miatas by attendees and the public. It's intended as a day to have fun, show off your Miata and visit with friends. Blankets, lawn chairs, umbrellas, and picnic baskets are welcome, and food will also be available for purchase. Visit the museum, view the Boston skyline, and pick your favorite Miata.

Based on popular vote trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in three Miata generation classes:

NA (1989-1997)
NB (1999-2005)
NC (2006-2012)

There will be other people's choice categories as well.

Additional details:
The entry fee is $15 for car, driver, and one passenger/guest. Spectator admission is $10 for adults and $5 for Military, seniors, students and children 6-12, and children under 6 are free

All admissions include entry to both the Larz Anderson Auto Museum and the lawn/picnic grounds
Registration is available at the gate on the day of the event - No pre-registration is required
We will be having a parts swap again!
This is a "Rain or Shine" event

Details: the lawn will open at 10:00AM, judging from 11:00 to 12:30, part swap at noon, and awards around 1:15.

Lunch will be available on site for purchase.

Additional information will be posted on the Mass Miata website http://www.massmiata.net/Calendar/Event.php?ID=511
and at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum site http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-...ist/miata-day/

WASABI
05-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks for posting Joe!

3MiataFamily
05-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Not Bob...i posted this for the MassMiata guys...

Joe
:fp:

Phatmiata
05-30-2014, 06:38 PM
post up photos from this event please!!!

3MiataFamily
05-30-2014, 06:44 PM
I am sure there are past event photos out there somewhere...

I went once...the pic in my Avatar was taken there...3 MiataFamily ..silver 91..red 92..red 94..

Sad thing is..all 3 of those cars are gone...silver car hit and totaled...94 off to scrap yard with terminal rust issues..92 sold to finance turbo build...

Look9ing at the calendar, i should be able to make it this year

WASABI
05-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Not Bob...i posted this for the MassMiata guys...

Joe
:fp:

DOH!!! I knew that. I'm sorry, my bad.

3MiataFamily
06-28-2014, 08:13 PM
unfortunately...things change...will not be making this one...again...

hope those in attendance have a good time

WASABI
06-28-2014, 10:24 PM
I plan on going. Hope to see a few of you there.