PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Image Width Auto-Resize

MazRoadAdmin
01-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Made some changes to some settings and some actual code tweaks to accomplish some things with images that a couple people brought up.1. I didn't like the microscopic 100px wide thumbnails for uploaded images. It is now 200px.2. Wide linked images scale to 800px wide by default. Works well for most people, but if you're on less than a 1280 screen, or have your browser sized less than full-screen, the image would still scale to 800px wide and you'd get a width scrollbar on the image. Lame. So, I added some code to scale those images to 800px max or 98% of the message window. Now they scale to fit, which is cool. (why don't they do that as the default?)3. Blog post linked images did NOT scale. I fixed that, now they scale to 800px just like forum posts. The % width fix also applied to them and fixed that same issue.I tested these tweaks on Vista (haaawk, spit) with Chrome, Firefox, IE8 and Safari. Pretty confident that it won't be a problem for anyone, but let me know if it is! I can revert the % width hack if necessary.

bedheadben
01-11-2012, 03:14 AM
I believe there's a problem with what you did. On my MacBook Pro, in Firefox, all images are scaling up if they're small so they're all pixelated. Is this making all linked images scale to 800px, not just the ones that are larger than 800px wide?

MazRoadAdmin
01-11-2012, 03:21 AM
You know, that's what I expected it to do. But, didn't seem like it did. I guess I didn't look at the right images. (I see some smaller blog post pix now)

Should be fixed now.

bedheadben
01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Yup, it's working now.