PDA

View Full Version : NB to NA, a parts transfer guidline

The Driver
06-25-2014, 05:42 PM
On my recent thread regarding the possible damage of the front subframe on my NA, I learned that using the NB subframe (along with the NB steering rack), will yield a better front suspension. I have my eye on a VVT NB engine for my NA, and the front subframe/steering rack will to be added.

So if you have pics, knowledge or know how on how to install/replace an NB: interior, engine, suspension or any NB part that has been added to an NA, well, please post!

PS: if you'd like to ask questions on NB to NA, feel free to ask!

Phatmiata
06-25-2014, 05:58 PM
come to Tampa, the East-Side crew can bust that out man. Interior swap you can do very easily, the engine swap and subframe swap will need a weekend to do.

just leave that tacky FloridaColoradian tee shirt at home :teehee:

The Driver
06-25-2014, 06:14 PM
come to Tampa, the East-Side crew can bust that out man. Interior swap you can do very easily, the engine swap and subframe swap will need a weekend to do.

just leave that tacky FloridaColoradian tee shirt at home :teehee:

I'm actually planning to do as you say, bring the car to Tampa for that... But the Florida/Coloradoan shirt, stays, I just bought it! :D

Phatmiata
06-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Are you leaving the car down here? If so I'll bet Tim can do the swaps for you, and he is super meticulous and OCD about cleaning as he goes. hahhahaha

The Driver
06-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Are you leaving the car down here? If so I'll bet Tim can do the swaps for you, and he is super meticulous and OCD about cleaning as he goes. hahhahaha

Remember I told you I wanted to talk to Tim? :wink:

But I want it to be documented, a how to, sort of speak. It would be good for the community!

Phatmiata
06-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Remember I told you I wanted to talk to Tim? :wink:

But I want it to be documented, a how to, sort of speak. It would be good for the community!

He documented the heck outta the rebuilt and super detailing of Alexis Miata, but he posted it all to Facebook :fp: have fun digging up that info, lost on the interwebz

kung fu jesus
06-27-2014, 06:35 PM
The lower shift boot off the NC (p/n R501-17-47Z) fits the NB 5 & 6 speed transmissions. It costs 1/3 the price, new OEM.