PDA

View Full Version : toe keeps moving outward?

Adrian
01-11-2012, 01:28 PM
so i have bad fobby-ish grammar so lmk if its hard to read?

ok so my car cant fit on any alignment racks in town so me and my friend(one of the best people ive met at doing alignments)did it at his shop with a tape measure and we got it dead on but once i started driving it more often,i notice that my toe slowly goes out the more i look at it.so then we re-did it and tightened everything as hard as we could and check it so it was straight and put marks on the tie rod bolts to see if they moved.after 4 or 5 days i saw that it was coming out again.we're gonna have my car on a lift this weekend to do maintenance and see whats up with my alignment...
anybody ever encounter this before?any help at all would be appreciated!

also i tried searching for anything and couldnt find anything

Maikeru
01-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Check the inner tie rod and make sure it hasn't somehow backed out. Also check your ends. If you overtightened them, they may be damaged and need replaced.

XCLR8TN
01-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I used locktite on the inners in the rack, but I've never had any issues with the other end attached to the outers backing out.. hmm.

EMMI
01-13-2012, 04:05 AM
1. tightening the lock nut on the tie rod gives about .04~.07 degrees of toe OUT. re-measure everything afterwards.
2. wearing parts will naturally cause toe to go OUT
3. if the boots are too tight, it likes to move sometimes spinning the inner tie rod with it.
4. make sure the nut is torqued properly. go the extra measure to use a 12 to hold the inner tie rod and a 19 to hold the outer

Adrian
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
ill be sure to check those tonight or tomorrow,thanks guys!