PDA

View Full Version : Motorcraft Manual Transmission Synthetic oil Review - 6 speed

Hyper
07-10-2014, 04:29 PM
My car had some strange noise coming from the gears in the 6speed. Decided to try the Motorcraft Manual Transmission oil as I read great reviews on miata.net. My initial impressions about this is { amazing!!.} 1-2 gear crunch is almost gone. The cost of this oil however is very expensive at it cots $19.00 dollars from a local Ford dealer here in Miami but is damn worth it if you want to get rid of the annoying noise which is very common in all 6speeds.

apwp93
07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I used the same fluid when I changed mine out about 10,000 miles ago right after I bought the car. My 1st - 2nd gear change was really rough, and I saw definite improvement. I saw improvement in all around shift feel with the shifter rebuild (lots of torn rubber in what I pulled out), and the final piece with me was the clutch slave cylinder, which I changed before my first time out on the track. With all three pieces done it does not feel like the same car - more positive and much smoother all around.

When I change transmission fluid again, I'll be going to the Ford dealer to get it...

JLBMX5
07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I just paid 61 online shipped to my door. But its only 16.99 online. Its the shipping that killed me. If I had more people to buy it with me that would of brought the price down.

Left0verCurry
07-10-2014, 06:12 PM
paid $25/quart for mine :X
Didn't help much tbh.

Hyper
07-10-2014, 06:17 PM
I read the more miles you put with this oil the better it feels/gets with the 6speed.