PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have shipping connections in Japan?

fwdtamiya
07-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Buyee wants to charge me over $700 for shipping via UPS, after screwing me around for 2 months. That claim they couldn't reach a shipping agreement with "OGF." Won't ship though FedEx or DHL.

parcel dimension:【510x640x1700m/m】
parcel weight:【15420g】

Perhaps I should contact Tetsuya? I'm really not sure if he'll have any cheaper options though.

bogaut
07-17-2014, 12:12 AM
didnt phatmiata say he needed some other stuff to fill his container? and what is it that you are shipping ?

horribleR
07-17-2014, 01:34 AM
something that's 33'ish pounds and super long. hmmmm.. I guess you could try to see if Rod has a cheaper solution.

Jimmy Vee
07-17-2014, 02:50 AM
JDM palace regularly ships containers from Japan to California doesn't he?

George
07-17-2014, 05:20 AM
there are many individuals that could help you with shipping, but your problem is in the dimensions. With this size and weight, $700 is pretty normal

atank
07-17-2014, 05:22 AM
JDM palace regularly ships containers from Japan to California doesn't he?

Yeah just email Sean at JDM Palace, he may have a better rate..................

fwdtamiya
07-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Messaging with Sean/JDMP, I always forget about him. Does Phat really have his own container coming? The package is a bumper and a couple small items.

Thanks gentlemen!

CarbonMiata
07-19-2014, 03:54 AM
Can't you ship by EMS? I pay around 175 USD to ship a RX-7 FD RE-GT bumper from Shanghai to America. EMS is operating in Japan so you should ask them!

Pfunk
07-19-2014, 04:46 AM
Do you have any US military buddies stationed in Japan?

fwdtamiya
07-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Buyee claim it's oversize for EMS, can't ship it. They said the same thing about UPS too, until they realized they didn't seem to have any shipping options. Now it can ship through UPS >_>

Nope, all of them left Japan or don't have cars.

George
07-19-2014, 11:08 AM
You Americans and your unlimited possibilities... if you check the post service conditions, you'll find there are certain limits when using the national post services

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/img/int/service/pic_i_parcel_en.gif

fwdtamiya
07-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah that's great George, but obviously people send the same exact things through EMS (bumper) all the time, so they're liars. They told me it was oversize for UPS too, now they're saying it's not. So, they're liars.

Solution: Don't use Buyee for large items like I tried to do. I've been fighting them for the last 8-9 weeks just trying to get a shipping quote, they've passed me between 4+ people who don't understand English and ignore my questions. It took them 7 weeks just to take my bumper out of one box and put it in another box my (their requirements for international shipping).

etikoner
07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Hit up Repenzek GK on fb. theyre bringing a container over to the east coast and were going to charge 250 for a seat. plus shipping in the US.

fwdtamiya
08-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Getting blown off again, last two emails were ignored by JDMPalace. When I spot him on ClubRoadster and ask him to please email me back about my bumper, he just sends me a PM

You can contact me at jdmpalace@gmail.com if you need any help, I have done this for 6 people so far, their UPS prices are just way too up for bumpers.

Also as reference you can ask Randy and couple of other older members who I have been helping with items on Yahoo and Up garage.

Take care
Sean

Uhh yeah, thanks, but we've been talking for weeks. I'm so tired of this. So, "older members," are any of you getting blown off by Sean?

atank
08-05-2014, 01:19 PM
There is a front bumper that I want too................shipping is :frantic:

pacman 99
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
I've used Sean before for 2 big items and it didn't go as smoothly but it wasn't his fault. When I was inquiring about a new JDM part he replied right away that he will look into it but I never heard from him again. I sent a follow up email a few weeks later and it went unanswered. So I went elsewhere and now Maxime is handling my order.

Not sure if he is actually ignoring some of us....he deals with alot of people and maybe he is just losing track of his emails.

Call him maybe? Phat has is number on speed dial I think.

Cxmoney
08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I usually get in contact with him via CR or here. He replied to my PMs every time. Never emailed him, so I can't say anything about that.

Maybe he gets a gargantuan amount of emails, maybe some go to spam, etc. maybe that's why it's so easy on the forums via PM.

fwdtamiya
08-05-2014, 07:24 PM
I've used Sean before for 2 big items and it didn't go as smoothly but it wasn't his fault. When I was inquiring about a new JDM part he replied right away that he will look into it but I never heard from him again. I sent a follow up email a few weeks later and it went unanswered. So I went elsewhere and now Maxime is handling my order.

Not sure if he is actually ignoring some of us....he deals with alot of people and maybe he is just losing track of his emails.

Call him maybe? Phat has is number on speed dial I think.
I got a response, seems he is losing track of emails, blamed it on gmail.

I usually get in contact with him via CR or here. He replied to my PMs every time. Never emailed him, so I can't say anything about that.

Maybe he gets a gargantuan amount of emails, maybe some go to spam, etc. maybe that's why it's so easy on the forums via PM.
On CR he told me to email him and after sending a few messages on facebook, he told me to email him (and then I had to repeat the entire facebook conversation). He only seems to want to deal through email, but his email is apparently broken. :stress: So I'll see how this works out, hopefully better than Buyee, but at the moment they're exactly equal.

Malibu Q
08-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Like fwdtamiya, it also took Buyee two months to process my NA roof rack as it was oversize. Just received a price last week of ~$150 which is okay. But it took so long to process.

freedomgli
08-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Getting blown off again, last two emails were ignored by JDMPalace.
That sucks. I was going to contact him regarding a GHO bumper based on Randy's recommendation but now I'm not so sure it's worth the bother trying to go through him.

pnoy1duh
08-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Why not ask Max or Rod? They've always been super helpful whenever I was in a pinch. And buyee has always been kind of hit or miss for me...they seem spotty when it comes to larger items.

bogaut
08-12-2014, 01:40 PM
just chiming in to say dont use repezen. HORRIBLE communication, i wont hear from him for weeks at a time. i bought a hood and had it shipped to their seattle warehouse. they ended up shipping my hood to california, and when i went to go pick it up in seattle (driving from portland) they didnt have it.

freedomgli
08-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Never heard of http://repezengk.com but thanks for the warning!

bogaut
08-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I got a carbon fiber hood shipped to Seattle for 250 bucks. Good deal, but it's been a long ordeal. Over 3 months now and still no hood

KAL
08-13-2014, 04:35 PM
How much would it cost to ship a hood to the US with EMS / UPS / FedEx from Japan?

bogaut
08-13-2014, 08:08 PM
a buttload. probably like 800 bucks