Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1990 Miata for sale only 6,000 miles

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    Welcome to the site, car looks great, im sure whomever buys it will be happy with the purchase, it is a 25 year old time capsule no matter how you look at it, even if it is red, it is not too often you see a 25 year old Japanese car come up for sale with such low miles.

Not sure whom you bought it from but I met a guy down in South Florida back in 1994, his name was Peter Warrick, he owned about 20+ Miatas, (1 each of all of the special editions and M-Editions) all of his Miatas were maintained by his full time mechanic, all under car covers and stored in a warehouse much like you described. He had a printing company and several other companies and even at one point had a miata parts shop called "Miata World" that one of my friends worked at.

He passed away and there was an estate sale or something and most of his Miatas got sold off (several stayed with a family member), I think that was back in 2003 ?? One of the local Miata guys here in Tampa purchased his 91 Silver with under 10K miles. Here recently (2012) I saw his beloved 1993LE with only 9800 miles sell on eBay by a relative for $14,500 plus shipping, I know because I looked at the seller location and asked the seller the history of the car.

Anyhow, keep in mind the market was still pretty poor a few years ago and the car still sold for almost $15,000, so I am quite sure your RED will do good as well.

Good Luck with the sale !! Please tell the new owner to join our club! Thanks!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! medition's Avatar
    Drives
    Ridley Noah RS
    Thanks Given
    A few things piqued my curiosity. Seller says that the original owner passed on the first car available, a yellow one, I say BS! No yellow in '90 that that man could buy. The seller says the car was fully detailed, and yet surmises that it's mint under the front bumper bra. I say BS again, he would have shown the minty exterior after the detail for sure, so what is he hiding? He also doesn't know that the car didn't come without the rubber for the gas pedal? Really? Also, anyone notice how the sheet metal is pushed slightly in near the black lower body paint in the passenger side front wheel well? No mention of that. As for the shadowing of paint in the rear, I don't see that, I do see a scratch on the edge to the left side plate opening. I think this ad is way too verbose, a long story about a guy who makes the seller believe he's a fellow Miata nut, only to want to sell a year and a half later because the car is too nice. I say nonsense. Perhaps he needs a quick $10k to pay some bills or whatever, and a long story to make it all sound so impossibly real. I don't buy it, and I wouldn't buy from this guy. I say it'll lose momentum quickly, and settle at $8500, no A/C included, and no mention of it. (I think no mention of it, I just can't bear to re-read the whole ad).

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    Several Miatas, a 69 GT500 Shelby
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by medition View Post
    A few things piqued my curiosity. Seller says that the original owner passed on the first car available, a yellow one, I say BS! No yellow in '90 that that man could buy. The seller says the car was fully detailed, and yet surmises that it's mint under the front bumper bra. I say BS again, he would have shown the minty exterior after the detail for sure, so what is he hiding? He also doesn't know that the car didn't come without the rubber for the gas pedal? Really? Also, anyone notice how the sheet metal is pushed slightly in near the black lower body paint in the passenger side front wheel well? No mention of that. As for the shadowing of paint in the rear, I don't see that, I do see a scratch on the edge to the left side plate opening. I think this ad is way too verbose, a long story about a guy who makes the seller believe he's a fellow Miata nut, only to want to sell a year and a half later because the car is too nice. I say nonsense. Perhaps he needs a quick $10k to pay some bills or whatever, and a long story to make it all sound so impossibly real. I don't buy it, and I wouldn't buy from this guy. I say it'll lose momentum quickly, and settle at $8500, no A/C included, and no mention of it. (I think no mention of it, I just can't bear to re-read the whole ad).

Frank,

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

Bill S.
    Too many to list
    Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    And SOLD for $9000

image.jpg

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    And SOLD for $9000

image.jpg

Hope the buyer did a PPI
    Too many to list
    Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful solution.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! medition's Avatar
    Drives
    Ridley Noah RS
    Thanks Given
    Hope the buyer did a PPI and stopped smoking the salvia prior to purchase.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Hope the buyer did a PPI

Quote Originally Posted by medition View Post
    Hope the buyer did a PPI and stopped smoking the salvia prior to purchase.

what I see in my head right now ..................

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

atank (10-20-2014),Dandy (10-20-2014),Martin (10-20-2014),WASABI (10-20-2014)

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    what I see in my head right now ..................

[img]
    Funny, my wife sees me as

Too many to list

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmustang For This Useful Post:

Dandy (10-20-2014),Phatmiata (10-20-2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123