Thread: debbid's Daily Battle Wagon

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch debbid's Avatar
    Drives
    White 1996
    Thanks Given

debbid's Daily Battle Wagon

My daily driver is about to hit 100k miles, so I thought it would be fun to create a build thread for it.

As much as I love Miatas, I have unnatural love for Subarus. Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of getting a WRX but was disheartened knowing that they were not available in the US. When Subaru announced that they would be bringing the WRX here, I was over the moon. I told myself that I would work hard to get a white WRX Wagon as soon as possible. Finally in January of 2004, I bought a white 2004 WRX Wagon and shortly after that, the modding began.

I started taking that car to track days, tons of track days. In the two and half years I had the car, I must have done 20 tracks days on all the tracks between Reno-Fernley and Willow Springs. I absolutely loved that car. Unfortunately, it was not meant to last. In August of 2006, I totaled the car at a track day at Reno-Fernley. I'm not going to go into the details here but needless to say, it was a very sad day. It was also the day that I decided I needed a cheaper, non-daily driver to be my track car. This lead me to my first and second (current) Miata but that's for another thread.

I knew I wanted to replace my lost wagon with another WRX Wagon. So, in October of 2006, I bought a grey 2007 WRX Wagon. I told myself no track days but that didn't stop me from modding the car. I just can't leave a car alone, it's an illness. I did normal Subaru mods like suspension, tubroback exhaust, mudflaps, etc. The car was a lot of fun and a great daily driver.

The car stayed like this for about 6 years but eventually life brought many changes as it does. I now had my second Miata and my car mod budget was going into that. Also, I was starting to get tired of DD-ing a lowered car so I decided to get rid of my coilovers. I sold them and put the stock springs and shocks back on. And this was fine until I did my first rallycross. I now had another addiction. So now, my daily driver is a kid-hauler and rallycrosser. And lately, my friends have been referring to the car as the Battle Wagon and I've decided embrace the name haha.

Mod List:
    - King Lift Springs
    - Tokico D-Spec Shocks
    - Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars and Endlinks
    - Crucial Racing Downpipe
    - TurboXS Exhaust
    - Cobb Accessport V2
    - Primitive Racing Skid Plate and Diff Protector
    - Rally Innovations Lightbar with PIAA 520 Lights
    - 16x7 Sparco Terras with 215/65/16 Yokohama Geolandars

My son with his crazy hair

1996 Mazda Miata - The TIE MX5

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbid For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-29-2014),WASABI (10-29-2014)