Thread: Anybody rdu area upgrade stock nb seats?

Stalled - Fire it up!
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given

Anybody rdu area upgrade stock nb seats?

I've driven down from Toronto and this is the first long trip in my NB. I recognize I need a lot more support from a seat than my stock ones. I have a small lumbar pad but have seen a few options from msm or srt4 to aftermarket. Anybody in rdu area with these installed I can check out? Many thanks!

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    The only thing I have done is a foamectomy from the bottom. I removed that hump on the bottom so the top portion didn't deform the seat.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power JLBMX5's Avatar
    Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I have an na. I dont know if there is a big seat difference from na to nb but I did a foamectomy because im 6'2 and look like a giant in my car. I like the way it feels. My brother has stock na seats in his car no foamectomy and driving his car feels like im in sone kind of a big truckers seat now lol. I just purchased two kirkeys to go into my miata so in a week if eeveryhing comes in the mail I will get to see how they are in a miata.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given
    If you can find someone with Mazdaspeed Type F seats you really need to give them a spin. Since they also fit in the RX series, you might want to try posting on local rotary forums.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Crossusn's Avatar
    Drives
    2000 green
    Thanks Given
    I did a foamectomy to the bottom and also to the top right behind my shoulder blades but left all the lumbar support and my back is feeling much better. James, I need to sit in those when you get them so hit me up, Im mostly likely going that route too. I got the roll bar and I dont want it in for long without seats as my head is in jeopardy.
    2000 green ls
    Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
    DDM led bits
    OMP Corsica 330
    15x9 Advanti Storm S1
    225/45 BFG Rivals

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossusn View Post
    I did a foamectomy to the bottom and also to the top right behind my shoulder blades but left all the lumbar support and my back is feeling much better. James, I need to sit in those when you get them so hit me up, Im mostly likely going that route too. I got the roll bar and I dont want it in for long without seats as my head is in jeopardy.
    Well according to all my tracking info I will get a fed ex box today. It will have both seat covers. Tomorrow I will get a ups box that will have both my seat mounts. So as long as all goes to plan I am installing both seats this weekend. Also my new throttle body came in the mail today so if I get the gasket in the mail tomorrow im going to tackle that project as well.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Crossusn's Avatar
    Drives
    2000 green
    Thanks Given
    Why a new TB?
    2000 green ls
    Fortune Auto 500 coilovers
    DDM led bits
    OMP Corsica 330
    15x9 Advanti Storm S1
    225/45 BFG Rivals

Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    My car has been idling funny. And with 210,000 miles it has never been cleaned. It comes with all the sensors and I was afraid if I was to start taking mine apart to clean I would never get it back together so im calling it 90.00 piece of mind. The new one is all cleaned up by the seller. Comes with a warranty and will be hassle free to install.